Friends

Guest Guesto

Guest Guesto

Since I have come into sikhi, I have become so isolated and don’t have any friends. The friends before I came into sikhi have drifted away, and I drifted away from them because I didn’t want to fall off this path of sikhi. Now I’m feeling lonely. Has anyone else experienced this? 

2 hours ago, Guest Guesto said:

Since I have come into sikhi, I have become so isolated and don’t have any friends. The friends before I came into sikhi have drifted away, and I drifted away from them because I didn’t want to fall off this path of sikhi. Now I’m feeling lonely. Has anyone else experienced this? 

Straight up on my own beseiged bro. Only support I get is from Akal and the Sadh Sangat. 

I encourage you to make an account and come often. 

This is a weird metaphor, but if everyone was gang affiliated. And most gangs were under Kalyug. When you step out and identify with being a Sikh you're a target, and Maya under the influence of Kalyug comes at you. Is my opinion bro. Don't stop. Keep going. 

Even people you think of as Dharmi. 

I have no qualms giving up anyone for Khalsa Paanth. Even if I was surprised by it. 

• 1 month later...

Dear guest,

I’m sorry for not replying sooner, it’s because I didn’t know what to write, but your post has been in my thoughts. I know exactly what you mean because I’m that person, I don’t have any friends either. It makes me think, is this forum the closest I’m going to get to having friends? Spiritual journey is no fairytale, it’s brutally hard. Those who asked for further spiritual posts, I want to connect with them in space of friendship to try give them something truly special. 

There’s a project I’m working on in spare time called My Journey. Only if Guru does kirpa, desire is to pour everything into creating a deeply moving piece of work based on personal experience. 

I want to invite input from sangat. Are there any spiritual/naam simran questions you have? If you could speak with a genuine (but gupat) soul from the spiritual journey, what might you like to ask about? It can be as deep as you want ??Comment below

I won’t answer immediately below, but it gives me food for thought as daas works on this project. 

4 hours ago, Singh375 said:

Dear guest,

I’m sorry for not replying sooner, it’s because I didn’t know what to write, but your post has been in my thoughts. I know exactly what you mean because I’m that person, I don’t have any friends either. It makes me think, is this forum the closest I’m going to get to having friends? Spiritual journey is no fairytale, it’s brutally hard. Those who asked for further spiritual posts, I want to connect with them in space of friendship to try give them something truly special. 

There’s a project I’m working on in spare time called My Journey. Only if Guru does kirpa, desire is to pour everything into creating a deeply moving piece of work based on personal experience. 

I want to invite input from sangat. Are there any spiritual/naam simran questions you have? If you could speak with a genuine (but gupat) soul from the spiritual journey, what might you like to ask about? It can be as deep as you want ??Comment below

I won’t answer immediately below, but it gives me food for thought as daas works on this project. 

I think I asked you this question before. A moorakh like me would ask if you could you dive a bit deeper into the pressure in between the eyes when either doing naam simran, nitnem/paath, etc. Is this pressure the predecessor to the dasam duar? Thank you ji. 

On 7/6/2021 at 5:59 AM, Guest Guesto said:

Do you go to the gurdwara often?

You could find some sangat.

Being alone or isolated from other people shouldn't be viewed as a badge of honour, or a mark of a person's spirituality. The people who promote this way of thinking tend to be more concerned about being seen to be holy and ethereal than actually possessing any of these qualities.

We are social creatures, but I also appreciate the need to disconnect from a society that is largely rudderless and values things and principles that make any thinking person recoil in distaste. It's a fine line. 

Guest Guest guesto
6 hours ago, Kaurr said:

6 hours ago, Kaurr said:

I do go gurdwara often, but unfortunately if you’re not from their jatha mainly (AKJ) they look down on you, it’s sad to say this but it’s true.