Brown parents and caste system - Sangtar Singh (comedy sketch)

2 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I knew one guy, whenever I spoke to his father, the old man would go into a depressing diatribe about how useless the son was blah blah blah. How he wasted his life on him.  He'd get really worked up about it and go on and on.....until it was uncomfortable and embarrassing. 

Then one day I saw him sitting around with his pals, his face was all lit up and beaming, and he was telling them how great the son was..........

Apnay are frequently full of shyte like that. It's VERY common, and I don't see it in many other communities to that extent. I wonder what the reasons for our lot doing this shyte is? 

It is our people's fickle nature.

It is whatever floats their boat at that particular moment in time and then doing a complete 180 five minutes later

I knew one guy, whenever I spoke to his father, the old man would go into a depressing diatribe about how useless the son was blah blah blah. How he wasted his life on him.  He'd get really worked up about it and go on and on.....until it was uncomfortable and embarrassing. 

Then one day I saw him sitting around with his pals, his face was all lit up and beaming, and he was telling them how great the son was..........

Apnay are frequently full of shyte like that. It's VERY common, and I don't see it in many other communities to that extent. I wonder what the reasons for our lot doing this shyte is? 

don 't worry its all there just hidden from our view , jewish , italian, spanish and greek  families are the same they just keep it on the down low for outsiders ( my friends growing up used to share the nonsense with the family bragging and we all had a good laugh)

3 hours ago, Suchi said:

Documented History shows that there was no Caste in India until the Brits went around the country making sure everyone had a caste though many did not. I have shared this before.  So it has everything to do with them. It's yet another divide and rule tactic. The Indians had varna based on ones individual qualities that meant people could change their grouping. Further debate would probably require a separate thread. 

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the mindsets and paradigms of goray changed all manner of things with their contact with people in what is now known as India (like every single other place they colonised). Especially in terms of rigid categorisation along their duality/abrahamic informed ideas of 'religion' and caste (which they strangely often sort of loosely conceptualised along racial lines). We know brits were f**king obsessed with race, and many still are to this day. 

But still, between Sikhs, that debate about caste is one that has it's own nature, and our paradigms for it are given by our Gurus, even if right now, most of us aren't fractionally different to a conservative Hindu in their thinking in this respect (it's a still a battle to be fought). 

Please don't normalise crimes of murder, genocide suffered by millions otherwise you're closing the doors to debate.

You're talking to the wrong guy here. I've been making noise about this very stuff for years.

As the subject matter affects Indians as a whole I doubt you can isolate it as just a problem within Sikhs. 

I know, but only Sikhs are going to sort out this issue inbetween Sikhs. Hindus can't sort this issue out inbetween Sikhs, and Sikhs can't sort this issue out inbetween Hindus.  

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

For our people, faking, lying and bragging is seen as a good thing.

Being humble is seen as foolish

Perception and self-deception is everything

It just repeatedly keeps coming back to sociopathic norms from what I'm seeing?

I've been reading up about it and studying family members with it, and this self-delusional thing we are describing keeps coming up. 

When you look at the person doing the bragging, you can blatantly see them beaming - they are getting some serious energy from the nonsense they are doing?

don 't worry its all there just hidden from our view , jewish , italian, spanish and greek  families are the same they just keep it on the down low for outsiders ( my friends growing up used to share the nonsense with the family bragging and we all had a good laugh)

I'm sure jews do it, but I don't agree with you - our lot are 'extra' with it. I think it might be related to that 'need to please' outsiders thing we talk about?? 

8 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I'm sure jews do it, but I don't agree with you - our lot are 'extra' with it. I think it might be related to that 'need to please' outsiders thing we talk about?? 

I've known quite a few Jews but never met any that openly bragged. On the whole they are a sober bunch as they don't have a drink culture.  Most speak their minds openly and will go against the Zionists if they disagree. But many have suffered due to the holocaust so tend to be damaged as a result. But who wouldn't be? They can appear to have a superiority complex but will back down when confronted with counter facts as most are educated and have a strong work ethic.

11 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I've been reading up about it and studying family members with it, and this self-delusional thing we are describing keeps coming up. 

When you look at the person doing the bragging, you can blatantly see them beaming - they are getting some serious energy from the nonsense they are doing?

This certainly wasn't true 30 years ago so must be a recent phenomenon.  

we don't live in a vacuum the amount of narcissism is on the increase in ALL societies around the world especially with the curse of social media allowing loudspeakering the same BS that in my childhood was restricted to immediate social contacts .

14 hours ago, Suchi said:

Documented History shows that there was no Caste in India until the Brits went around the country making sure everyone had a caste though many did not. I have shared this before.  So it has everything to do with them. It's yet another divide and rule tactic. The Indians had varna based on ones individual qualities that meant people could change their grouping. Further debate would probably require a separate thread. 

Please don't normalise crimes of murder, genocide suffered by millions otherwise you're closing the doors to debate.

As the subject matter affects Indians as a whole I doubt you can isolate it as just a problem within Sikhs. 

there has been vaaran /caste since early days of manusmitri and every Brahmin has used it to make themselves useful to invaders as they sold their skills as master manipulators of society else how could handfuls of people control multi millions ?They did it during the islamic invaders reign and then switched when the angrez/portuguese arrived . Guru Sahiban removed the leprosy of vaaran from our consciouness but with the interference of Angrez and their flying monkeys the brahmins they inserted dubious texts into our literature which allowed the poisonous mentality back

10 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

we don't live in a vacuum the amount of narcissism is on the increase in ALL societies around the world especially with the curse of social media allowing loudspeakering the same BS that in my childhood was restricted to immediate social contacts .

I don't think narcissism is on their increase per se 

I think that narcissism was always there in people and all that has happened is the narcissism is now out in the open. It has been amplified. 

Similar to how people who become rich become arrogant and obnoxious. Money did not change them, it just exposed them to show they really are. 

We had social controls in society that shunned narcissist aspects so that it got buried. With social controls now being untangled it is no longer taboo and with social media (instagram and tiktok ) it has upscaled attention seeking and the narcissism.

But with a overload of narcissism and attention seeking in society, I think what could happen is:

1. We could see narcissist insensitivity in that we will see people less bothered with the attention seeking

2. A backlash and swing in the pendulum