Sexual grooming of vulnerable people and Sexual Assaults watch

Premi5

Mother of rapist Met cop David Carrick claims she reported him when he was a teenager over 'serious allegation' - as ex-friend claims he was 'power freak' who used to flash his warrant card to intimidate people

• Carrick's mother said he had 'normal-ish' childhood and did 'fairly well' at school
  • But she raised concerns about him when he was a teenager after an allegation
  • A former school friend has also described how Carrick, 47, was a 'power freak'
  • It comes after he admitted 48 rapes and string of other crimes against 12 women

The mother of the Metropolitan Police officer who has been revealed as one of Britain's worst rapists has claimed she reported her son when he was a teenager following a 'serious allegation'.

A former friend has also described how David Carrick, 47, was a 'power freak' who would exploit his position to intimidate women and described how he witnessed the officer flash his warrant card three times after starting fights.

The firearms officer, known to police colleagues as 'B***ard Dave', has admitted 48 rapes and a string of other sadistic crimes against 12 women while he was serving with the force between 2003 and 2020.

Carrick's mother today said he had a 'normal-ish' childhood and did 'fairly well' at school, but that he would regularly bring home girlfriends, so often that 'I didn't bother asking about them in the end'.

The firearms officer took delight in humiliating his victims, whom he branded his 'slaves'

Carrick, known to police colleagues as 'B***ard Dave', has admitted 48 rapes and a string of other sadistic crimes against 12 women

Jean split with the officer's father when he was a teenager and is now in a relationship with another man who has moved into the family home. 

Speaking from her house in Salisbury, she told The Guardian that she raised a concern about him when he was a teenager.

She said: 'After that, he changed. He just sort of kept himself to himself and away from the family. And that’s when I had my two other children. 

'I didn’t know this until recently, but my other son told me: "He’s a horrible man. He used to kick me on the back of the legs.'"

Carrick joined the Army at 19 years old before serving tours in Cyprus and the Falklands in 1996.

Jean added: 'He always wanted to join the Army. I think he wanted to travel around. It could also be because he wanted to carry a weapon.'

Meanwhile, Carrick's former school friend revealed how he 'treated women like c**p'.

He told the newspaper: 'When we were younger I thought he was a cool lad. A lot of people liked him. 

'He was one of those lads who was good at everything. I think he had good grades and he was very much a sports person. 

'He was very popular with the women; he was a good-looking lad, he was a fit lad.'

But the friend said he 'quite quickly saw things I didn't like' shortly after Carrick bought a house in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, in 2008.

He added: 'He would use his being in the police and he would use his power to get his way. He would start arguments and then say he’s in the police and throw his weight around a little bit too much. 

'So I used to say to him: "Look, Dave, you can’t be doing that, you’re a police officer.'"

The friend also recalled at least three occasions in which Carrick flashed his warrant card to intimidate others.

It comes after Carrick pleaded guilty to abusing and torturing 12 victims over nearly two decades.

The firearms officer took delight in humiliating his victims, whom he branded his 'slaves' - with some locked in a small cupboard under the stairs for ten hours without food. He hit one with a belt, and forced some of his victims to clean his house naked.

The PC was able torture and abuse women for 17 years concerns being raised within the police force nine times before his arrest.

Today, the Met apologised for its failure to stop Carrick - as No 10 warned trust in the police had been 'shattered'.

Sir Mark Rowley said: 'We failed in two respects. We failed as investigators, where we should have been more intrusive and joined the dots on this repeated misogyny over a couple of decades.

'And, as leaders, our mindset should have been more determined to root out such a misogynist.

'These failures are horrific examples of the systemic failures that concern me and were highlighted by Baroness Casey in her recent review. 

'I do know an apology doesn't go far enough, but I do think it's important to acknowledge our failings and for me to say I'm sorry.

'I apologise to all of David Carrick's victims. I also want to say sorry to all of the women across London who feel we've let them down.'

Carrick, from Stevenage, Hertfordshire, pleaded guilty to 43 charges at the Old Bailey in December and the final six at Southwark Crown Court on Monday.

They include 24 counts of rape against nine women, but some of the charges are multiple incident counts, meaning they relate to at least 48 rapes.

Mrs Justice Cheema-Grubb remanded Carrick in custody ahead of sentencing over two days from February 6. 

Mayor of London Sadiq Khan said: 'I am absolutely sickened and appalled by the truly abhorrent offences that David Carrick has committed.

'Londoners will be rightly shocked that this man was able to work for the Met for so long, and serious questions must be answered about how he was able to abuse his position as an officer in this horrendous manner.

'I remain in close contact with the new Met Commissioner about this case and the work to reform the culture and standards of the Met has already started with Baroness Louise Casey's interim review now complete and a new, anonymous police complaints hotline and anti-corruption team recently established by Sir Mark Rowley.' 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11641453/Mother-rapist-Met-cop-claims-reported-teenager-allegation.html?dicbo=v2-f581663beb2c2c780e0a663c5394bb3f

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64396513

This time it's a man with a North African Arab surname.... @dallysingh101

Met Safer Schools officer pleads guilty to child sex offences

• Published
    2 hours ago

A serving Met Police officer who was posted in a school in north London has pleaded guilty to child sex offences.

PC Hussain Chehab, 22, admitted four counts of sexual activity with a girl aged 13-15, three counts of making indecent photographs of a child, and sexual communication with a child.

He appeared at Wood Green Crown Court on Tuesday and will be sentenced on 17 March.

The Met said no evidence had linked any of Chehab's offending to his role.

The Met said the PC joined the force in March 2020 and was attached to the North Area Command Unit, serving as a Safer Schools officer in a secondary school in Enfield between May and August 2021.

The family of a 16-year-old girl raised concerns with police in July 2021, reporting she had recently been in a relationship with Chehab which they believed began when she was 15.

Chehab was arrested in August 2021 and he was placed on restricted duties, including having to work within the confines of a police building in a non public-facing role, and having no contact with schools or children.

'Sickening' exploitation

A spokesperson for the Met said investigators found a number of indecent images when they seized his digital devices, and he was arrested for further offences and suspended from duty in October 2021.

When police analysed his devices, they also found messages between Chehab and a 14-year-old girl engaging in sexual communication.

The teenager later provided evidence to police that they had entered into a sexual relationship in 2019, when she was 14.

Det Ch Supt Caroline Haines, policing lead for Enfield, said Chehab's offences were "sickening" and he "exploited" the young girls "for his own sexual gratification".

"Once the initial allegations against PC Chehab were made, he was immediately removed from his role while the investigation took place," she said.

Det Ch Supt Haines added the Met had worked closely with the school and local authority to ensure there were no further unreported safeguarding incidents or missed opportunities.

'Considerable damage'

She said the information provided to the Met before Chehab joined the force was reviewed and he also went through further child and vulnerable group supervision vetting before beginning his role as a Safer Schools officer, but "nothing was found that could have indicated his offending".

"This news will of course cause considerable damage and concern not only to the local community, but Londoners as a whole, who place their trust in police officers to go into our schools alongside their children every day and keep them safe," she continued.

"While no evidence has been found linking any of Chehab's offending to his role, we are engaging with our local schools community forums and independent advisory groups to reassure them following the damage his actions will have caused."

During the court hearing, no verdict was recorded in an additional four counts of making indecent photographs of a child, and the judge ordered they be left to lie on file.

The Met said an accelerated misconduct process had been initiated for Chehab and would be held as quickly as possible.

6 hours ago, Premi5 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64396513

This time it's a man with a North African Arab surname.... @dallysingh101

Met Safer Schools officer pleads guilty to child sex offences

• Published
    2 hours ago

A serving Met Police officer who was posted in a school in north London has pleaded guilty to child sex offences.

PC Hussain Chehab, 22, admitted four counts of sexual activity with a girl aged 13-15, three counts of making indecent photographs of a child, and sexual communication with a child.

He appeared at Wood Green Crown Court on Tuesday and will be sentenced on 17 March.

The Met said no evidence had linked any of Chehab's offending to his role.

The Met said the PC joined the force in March 2020 and was attached to the North Area Command Unit, serving as a Safer Schools officer in a secondary school in Enfield between May and August 2021.

The family of a 16-year-old girl raised concerns with police in July 2021, reporting she had recently been in a relationship with Chehab which they believed began when she was 15.

Chehab was arrested in August 2021 and he was placed on restricted duties, including having to work within the confines of a police building in a non public-facing role, and having no contact with schools or children.

'Sickening' exploitation

A spokesperson for the Met said investigators found a number of indecent images when they seized his digital devices, and he was arrested for further offences and suspended from duty in October 2021.

When police analysed his devices, they also found messages between Chehab and a 14-year-old girl engaging in sexual communication.

The teenager later provided evidence to police that they had entered into a sexual relationship in 2019, when she was 14.

Det Ch Supt Caroline Haines, policing lead for Enfield, said Chehab's offences were "sickening" and he "exploited" the young girls "for his own sexual gratification".

"Once the initial allegations against PC Chehab were made, he was immediately removed from his role while the investigation took place," she said.

Det Ch Supt Haines added the Met had worked closely with the school and local authority to ensure there were no further unreported safeguarding incidents or missed opportunities.

'Considerable damage'

She said the information provided to the Met before Chehab joined the force was reviewed and he also went through further child and vulnerable group supervision vetting before beginning his role as a Safer Schools officer, but "nothing was found that could have indicated his offending".

"This news will of course cause considerable damage and concern not only to the local community, but Londoners as a whole, who place their trust in police officers to go into our schools alongside their children every day and keep them safe," she continued.

"While no evidence has been found linking any of Chehab's offending to his role, we are engaging with our local schools community forums and independent advisory groups to reassure them following the damage his actions will have caused."

During the court hearing, no verdict was recorded in an additional four counts of making indecent photographs of a child, and the judge ordered they be left to lie on file.

The Met said an accelerated misconduct process had been initiated for Chehab and would be held as quickly as possible.

People in the UK are getting more clued up about the police these days. Remember they have a lot of officers who are not allowed to deal with the public because they have been pulled up for abusing them in various ways (sexual, racial, physical) but can't sack them.  Like with that twat who pulled off the (falsely arrested) Singh's patka and stomped on it in B'ham.  

As much as I am suspicious of the mayor of London, he at least got the previous police chief (Cressida) removed and is trying to confront endemic corruption in the MET. The previous police chiefs were central to sustaining a corrupt, racist, misogynistic organisation, covering up for their colleagues. The new commissioner seems to be trying to deal with the matter.  

Plus what we are seeing is just a tip of the iceberg, there will be plenty of dodgy cops who are more clever than the ones that got/get caught  - who still operate in the force. 

Plus, Sikhs should use their minds to realise that if covering up of abuse was so widespread amongst the cops themselves, with many turning a blind eye to their colleague's actions, how would such an organisation react to cases of Sikh girls being abused.  Doesn't take a genius to figure it out. 

Two or three Met officers to face court a week, commissioner says

Image of Sir Mark Rowley with his arms folded at the GLA Police and Crime Committee meeting.

Two or three Met Police officers per week are expected to appear in court on criminal charges in the coming weeks and months, the force's chief has said.

Commissioner Sir Mark Rowley says the public should "prepare for more painful stories" as the force confronts the issues it faces.

He said cases included "violence against women and girls offences", such as domestic abuse and sex offences.

"There's a trickle of them and more are going to be surfacing," he added.

Sir Mark was speaking to the Greater London Authority's Police and Crime Committee in the wake of the case of PC David Carrick, who admitted dozens of rape and sexual offences against 12 women on 16 January.

Carrick was finally stopped when one woman decided to report him following publicity about disgraced Met officer PC Wayne Couzens, who abducted, raped and murdered Sarah Everard.

The Met chief also mentioned the case of PC Hussain Chehab, who pleaded guilty to child sex offences on Tuesday.

The force is currently in a form of special measures, following a series of damning reviews and scandals.

Sir Mark urged the public not to lose heart as the Met rooted out hundreds of corrupt officers thought to be serving.

'Won't be resolved overnight'

He told the committee: "We haven't applied the same sense of ruthlessness to guarding our own integrity that we routinely apply to confronting criminals - and I'm deeply sorry for that."

He also said: "Lifting the stone and revealing painful truths will not be resolved overnight, and I mustn't pretend it will do, and I hope you understand that that can't be done.

"We have to prepare for more painful stories as we confront the issues that we face."

During the meeting, he also revealed a new Met corruption hotline had received tens of calls each week, a third of which related to other forces, which had been passed on.

But he stressed progress with wider reforms of the Met "won't be rapid".

Responding to questions by the committee about whether certain Met teams have more abusive or corrupt officers, Sir Mark said they were looking at units for "warning signs". Carrick served in the same policing unit as Couzens.

Covert techniques

"This is pockets, but it's too many pockets that exist because systematically we haven't been good enough," he added.

He emphasised the problem was bigger than "a few bad apples", adding the Met's anti-corruption and abuse command was being encouraged to be "proactive in using more covert techniques".

This included monitoring internal communications "more intrusively where there's good cause", Sir Mark said.

The force is currently reviewing previous allegations of violence against women and girls made against 1,071 Met Police officers and other staff members over the past 10 years.

Sir Mark said some of those officers and staff had "multiple cases" against them.

The review is expected to be completed by the end of March.

Sir Mark also previously announced all 45,000 Met officers and staff would be rechecked for previously missed offending.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64400235

Old but important - a shame they used 'Asian' instead of Pakistani

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/west-midlands-police-report-reveals-7948902

West Midlands Police report reveals 75 per cent of known on-street child sex groomers are Asian

Confidential report also says 82 per cent of victims, aged 14 to 16, are white

By
Jeanette OldhamInvestigations editor
  • 06:30, 17 OCT 2014
  • UPDATED13:08, 17 OCT 2014

A bombshell police report has revealed 75 per cent of known on-street child sex groomers in the West Midlands are Asian – with 82 per cent of victims, aged 14 to 16, being white.

And a Birmingham Mail investigation has discovered how police, councils and social services have been failing vulnerable victims in a new abuse scandal which follows those identified in Rotherham, Rochdale and Derbyshire.

West Midlands police officer, 22, admits grooming a vulnerable 13-year-old girl online before abducting and sexually assaulting her

• Former PC Haider Siddique, 22, from West Midlands Police, met a victim online
  • He groomed her for sexual purposes while claiming to be offering her support

A former police officer has admitted grooming, abducting and sexually assaulting a vulnerable 13-year-old girl while he was on duty.

Haider Siddique, who was with West Midlands Police, met his victim online and groomed her for sexual purposes while claiming to be offering her support, the force said.

The 22-year-old admitted the offences at Birmingham Crown Court today, as well as a charge of inciting a child to commit a sex act.

PC Haider Siddique, 22, who served with West Midlands Police, met his victim online and groomed her for sexual purposes while claiming to be offering her support

PC Haider Siddique, 22, who served with West Midlands Police, met his victim online and groomed her for sexual purposes while claiming to be offering her support

The sharp-eyed and conscientious driver then alerted the force to what they had seen on the bus, leading to an investigation and identification of the victim.

Siddique had joined the force as a student officer in August 2021, before going on long-term sick leave in November that year.

The force said he had never been deployed in an operational role.

Mark Brookes, prosecuting, told the court: 'At the time of these offences Siddique was a serving student police officer. It involved a period in March 2022. She was 13 and he was 21. She was a child and is still of course a child.

'It is the prosecution case during that month she was abducted by him and on two separate occasions he had sex with the complainant.'

Mr Brookes said on one occasion, during that period, Siddique and the victim had gone to Stechford police station together when the girl made a complaint about her mother disciplining her.

Speaking after today's hearing, Deputy Chief Constable Vanessa Jardine from West Midlands Police said: 'This was a sickening criminal act by a former student officer, who appeared to be offering support to this vulnerable young girl but was in fact grooming her sexually'

Speaking after today's hearing, Deputy Chief Constable Vanessa Jardine from West Midlands Police said: 'This was a sickening criminal act by a former student officer, who appeared to be offering support to this vulnerable young girl but was in fact grooming her sexually'

A bus driver based at the Perry Barr depot saw the girl and the defendant get on his bus on March 21 last year, the court heard. Mr Brookes said: 'He recognised the girl. The driver showed the driver what he believed to be a police warrant card.'

Mr Brookes said during the journey the driver looked in the mirror and could see the two of them sitting on the same seat. 'He could see him touch her back and they looked close.

'He thinks they kissed goodbye. The complainant got off at her stop and he was so concerned he reported it to the police. It appeared strange, it appeared to be weird.'

Mr Brookes said the girl's mother told police that, in the previous few months, her daughter's behaviour had changed from being friendly to 'swearing and saying horrible things'.

He said she had also received a number of WhatsApp messages sent by Siddique, who was posing as one of the girl's friend's mothers asking if she could stay out.

Police searched the victim's bedroom and recovered some of her clothing. It was later tested and mixed DNA, to which Siddique could have contributed, was found.

Speaking after today's hearing, Deputy Chief Constable Vanessa Jardine said: 'This was a sickening criminal act by a former student officer, who appeared to be offering support to this vulnerable young girl but was in fact grooming her sexually.'

She said the force had conducted a 'robust and meticulous' investigation, and is 'committed to rooting out any member of staff who engages in criminality'.

The senior officer said Siddique's crimes had 'significantly impacted' on his victim, adding colleagues would be 'repulsed by his behaviour'.

Siddique resigned while in custody, after his arrest, and will be sentenced on March 3.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11697965/West-Midlands-Police-officer-22-admits-sexually-assaulting-vulnerable-13-year-old-girl.html

• 2 months later...