Taliban removes Nishan Sahib, Sikh flag from Gurdwara Thala Sahib, once visited by Guru Nanak Dev - Reports

Premi5

8 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Heartbreaking that they would have to. Even more so if they must but cannot. They can't be rich. 

Afghanistan is a sinking ship (or at least it's already sunk into a cesspool ).

I guess sacrifices have to be made.

I have met some Afghan Sikhs and they are skilled traders and very business savvy. Some of them are quite educated and they are quite pragmatic. 

They will have to adapt but they will adapt very quickly (in the UK within 2 decades they have become quite wealthy )they do not rely on the Indian government. 

The first step is at least in India they got a chance to survive and they have to think what is best for the next generations.

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Afghanistan is a sinking ship (or at least it's already sunk into a cesspool ).

I guess sacrifices have to be made.

I have met some Afghan Sikhs and they are skilled traders and very business savvy. Some of them are quite educated and they are quite pragmatic. 

They will have to adapt but they will adapt very quickly (in the UK within 2 decades they have become quite wealthy )they do not rely on the Indian government. 

The first step is at least in India they got a chance to survive and they have to think what is best for the next generations.

Who knows, if people leave it alone for long enough, maybe the place will ease up? 

But definitely all Sikhs should leave it and come to India or elsewhere (i.e. a nonsullah country).  

51 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Who knows, if people leave it alone for long enough, maybe the place will ease up? 

But definitely all Sikhs should leave it and come to India or elsewhere (i.e. a nonsullah country).  

Afghanistan is quite a fractured society and it's location will always be lucrative to different parties. 

It will never be left alone.

But you are correct that all Sikhs should leave. I think there are only a couple of thousand Sikhs left in Afghanistan. 

One of my observations with Afghan Sikhs is that they seem more comfortable interacting with Muslims than non Muslims and it kind of makes sense since they have lived in a muslim majority area for centuries.

I wonder how much of a culture shock it is for them to interact with non Muslims in such large numbers particularly if it is a non Muslim country.

33 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

One of my observations with Afghan Sikhs is that they seem more comfortable interacting with Muslims than non Muslims and it kind of makes sense since they have lived in a muslim majority area for centuries.

I wonder how much of a culture shock it is for them to interact with non Muslims in such large numbers particularly if it is a non Muslim country.

I would think probably because they speak the same language rather than speaking Hindi or Punjabi? But probably the majority of Afghans are friendly towards them so they see them as close. 

Second point, I doubt it is a big deal and they'd get used to it quite quickly. Probably the language difference

1 hour ago, Premi5 said:

I would think probably because they speak the same language rather than speaking Hindi or Punjabi? But probably the majority of Afghans are friendly towards them so they see them as close. 

Second point, I doubt it is a big deal and they'd get used to it quite quickly. Probably the language difference

Language is a big thing. Plus, if by now you haven't fathomed our own Panjabi 'prickly' (or what we'd call c**ty where I grew up) nature, you (generally speaking, not you specifically) must be a simpleton yourself.  

4 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Afghanistan is quite a fractured society and it's location will always be lucrative to different parties. 

It will never be left alone.

But you are correct that all Sikhs should leave. I think there are only a couple of thousand Sikhs left in Afghanistan. 

Maybe they should ask Morocco for asylum then.