Taliban removes Nishan Sahib, Sikh flag from Gurdwara Thala Sahib, once visited by Guru Nanak Dev - Reports

Premi5

Post on Instagram states the following: 

"Salute to Afghan Sikh brothers’ Sikhi Spirit??

I received a message from someone who has direct involvement with the Sikh Afghans still in Afghanistan.
There are 250 individuals left, who all reached Kabul this Sunday morning.

Of the 250 Sikhs, 10 Sikhs have volunteered to remain behind to look after the Gurdwaras (Sikh holy shrines). They do so with the knowledge that their lives will/could be in danger and they have stated they accept any responsibility of their actions.

I heard a recording from Bhai Jasbir Singh Ji from Jalabad. He informs the Sangat that all the Sangat of Jalabad have left for Kabul to seek safety at Gurdwara Karta Parvaar. However, Bhai Jasbir Singh Ji and his family (wife and children) and another Gursikh have decided to stay back in Jalabad. He says he has no desire to migrate abroad and make a new life at the expense of abandoning the historical Gurdwara of Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Jalabad. He says, if they leave the Gurdwara will either be taken over by Muslims or destroyed.

They have transported all Guru Granth Sahib Ji’s saroops to Kabul. They just have 2 senchis (volume parts) of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji which they do Parkaash and Paath from. Bhai Jasbir Singh Ji says he knows that he and his family may be killed by the Taliban (or splinter groups), however they are willing to sacrifice themselves for the House of Guru Nanak. Well wisher Muslim families have helped to guard the other Sikh shrines in Jalabad from attacks or encroachment.

This brought tears to my eyes. Salute to him and all the Gursikh brothers and sisters who have the choice of either (1) leaving Afghanistan and abandoning their historical holy shrines and homes, (2) cutting their hair and embracing Islam, or (3) staying to look after the Gurdwaras with death looming forever above them.

May the Sikhi Spirit of our Afghan Sikh brothers and sisters motivate those brothers and sisters from Sikh families who still have cut Kes (hair), not stopped drinking alcohol or smoking/vaping/drugs, not yet began reading Gurbani as part of their daily life, or not yet begun wearing Dastaar- claim back and look after their Sikhi in solidarity and respect of the Afghan Sikhs."

13 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cities/chandigarh-news/sikhs-taking-refuge-at-kabul-gurdwara-angry-at-two-mps-for-leaving-them-behind-101629659239215-amp.html?

Might explain the predicament between Afghan Sikhs.

It looks like they abandon each other when it comes down to the crux.

Looks like it was politician Sikhs who (surprise surprise) thought of themselves first.  

https://indianexpress.com/article/india/taliban-stops-72-afghan-sikhs-and-hindus-from-boarding-iaf-plane-7464332/?fbclid=IwAR0IioeeyUsyx3RKnBlt27E0VPKQhFzyt819P-6U0qAlFHcYvAWw1LzEWWI

There were less than 700 Sikhs and Hindus in Afghanistan at the time of the 2020 gurdwara attack. Since then, at least 400 of them have migrated to India in batches. Once a country with over one lakh Sikhs and Hindus, Afghanistan saw an exodus after the mujahideen took over in 1992.

If this correct then the number left must be in double figures.

7 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

https://indianexpress.com/article/india/taliban-stops-72-afghan-sikhs-and-hindus-from-boarding-iaf-plane-7464332/?fbclid=IwAR0IioeeyUsyx3RKnBlt27E0VPKQhFzyt819P-6U0qAlFHcYvAWw1LzEWWI

There were less than 700 Sikhs and Hindus in Afghanistan at the time of the 2020 gurdwara attack. Since then, at least 400 of them have migrated to India in batches. Once a country with over one lakh Sikhs and Hindus, Afghanistan saw an exodus after the mujahideen took over in 1992.

If this correct then the number left must be in double figures.

the numbers don't make sense if you do a tally of number claimed airlifted against remainder counted at gurdwara Sahib

my guess is there is around 650 people

53 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

the numbers don't make sense if you do a tally of number claimed airlifted against remainder counted at gurdwara Sahib

my guess is there is around 650 people

You are probably correct on that number.

The news reports seem to be conflicting with each other.

It would be good to know the exact number so that when they get airlifted we know how many remain.

It is important all our Sikhs are evacuated before the Taliban really starts to get nasty.