Taliban is in the news everywhere

4 hours ago, californiasardar1 said:

Oh give me a break

I can just imagine it now: some hick sees a Singh and feels like saying something foul. Then he thinks to himself, "Wait a second, that turban might not be a taliban turban ... it shows a bit less forehead and covers the ears ... also, it's not black or white, it's saffron ... maybe he's Sikh! No, actually, I read on sikhsangat.com the other day that the official Sikh colors were blue and basanti yellow, not saffron, so he's probably not Sikh ... hmmm ...."

Basically the only people who notice the subtle differences between different turban styles are ... wait for it ... people who actually wear turbans themselves

It doesn't matter. The Taliban are being portrayed all over the news as villains. All of the news reports are about how horrible it is that these turbanned, bearded, stone age savages have once again taken control of Afghanistan.

Also, right wing news will start going on about Afghani refugees, making people even more wary of anyone who they perceive to be Afghani.

F**king white people man!

Oh give me a break

I can just imagine it now: some hick sees a Singh and feels like saying something foul. Then he thinks to himself, "Wait a second, that turban might not be a taliban turban ... it shows a bit less forehead and covers the ears ... also, it's not black or white, it's saffron ... maybe he's Sikh! No, actually, I read on sikhsangat.com the other day that the official Sikh colors were blue and basanti yellow, not saffron, so he's probably not Sikh ... hmmm ...."

Basically the only people who notice the subtle differences between different turban styles are ... wait for it ... people who actually wear turbans themselves

yes we all look so alike :

Sihks wearing blue turbans and cloaks march toward a festival. PUNJAB, INDIA, MARCH 2, 2018: Hola Mohalla Festival - Sihks wearing blue turbans and cloaks march stock photos

Sikh Gentlemen Celebrating Vaisakhi

Group of Sikh Musicians in the Punjab, India

Group of young indian man sikh

Taliban members with guns stand under a sign saying welcome to Kabul

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F210816165213-15-taliban-afghanistan-unf-restricted.jpg

AFGHANISTAN

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

You have to give it to them. They held on for 2 decades against the 'cream' of the west. In terms of tenacity, commitment and perseverance. Just shows as well, you can train your pet monkeys for 20 years and have them crumble at the crucial point. 

I don't think the talivban ever had any respect for british soldiers fighting ability anyway. 

Imagine If the commander was a phai instead he most probably would have replied: " Sirrr you guys were marvellous,absolutely fantastic,genius,too good sirr too good."

• The title was changed to Taliban is in the news everywhere