Jaats hurt by dhadi daler Kaur Khalsa comments!

shastarSingh

Every person shud hv love for his mother tongue. I hv great love for my mother tongue punjabi but we can't say that Punjabi is sikhi and sikhi is Punjabi.

That's what daler Kaur Khalsa said and it hurt some haryanvi jaats who hv become Sikhs.

Jaats want to become Sikhs but they want to preserve and protect their mother tongue haryanvi.

They told me that they would like to learn Punjabi as lots of sikh literature is in Punjabi but they can't backstab haryanvi.

1 hour ago, shastarSingh said:

Every person shud hv love for his mother tongue. I hv great love for my mother tongue punjabi but we can't say that Punjabi is sikhi and sikhi is Punjabi.

That's what daler Kaur Khalsa said and it hurt some haryanvi jaats who hv become Sikhs.

Jaats want to become Sikhs but they want to preserve and protect their mother tongue haryanvi.

They told me that they would like to learn Punjabi as lots of sikh literature is in Punjabi but they can't backstab haryanvi.

I think it's actually part of Sikhi to be a polyglot like dasmesh pita. They encouraged being literate and producing literature in more than one language. Dasam Granth has Braj Bhasha, Farsi and a little bit of Panjabi. Lots of dialects are used in Sggs ji too. 

We shouldn't have a problem with people learning/knowing multiple languages. Not that I think we should model ourselves on sullay, but even with them notice how they have the Arab for prayers as well as their own language like Bengali, or Nigerian. 

On 8/27/2021 at 11:33 PM, shastarSingh said:

We r afraid of rss doing hinduization of sikhi but we must also be watchful that we don't do Punjabi-ization of sikhi.

Our punj pyaras were from all parts of Indian subcontinent.

At present we hv loads of Punjabis who don't follow sikhi and gurbani one bit but claim to be thekedaars of sikhi.

Due to their bad lifestyle, non Sikhs get very negative image of sikhi.

Do you think anything can be done to impart more Sikhi amongst Panjabis? 

21 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Due to think anything can be done to impart more Sikhi amongst Panjabis? 

Sikhi is the greatest Gift from God.

God gives Naam to those people who He is pleased with.

Are present day Punjabis pleasing God?

Our actions and characters hv gone down the drain.

We hv become even more mayadhari than other Indians.

14 minutes ago, proactive said:

Thus is wrong. Being Punjabi is a large part of the Sikh identity at present due to Punjabi Sikhs being a majority of Sikhs as well as the fact that the vast majority of events in Sikh history took place in Punjab. BUT there is nothing to say that at some stage another ethnic group might to convert en masse to Sikhi and still wish to preserve their language and cultural traits which are not against Sikhi. 

We need to understand that other religions have become quite savvy in the way they go after converts from any particular group. They promote the aspects of their religion which they know will appeal to the group that they want to convert. We should be promoting that one of the Panj Pyare was a Jaat, that Jaats also took part in the campaigns of Banda Singh Bahadur especially when he first entered Haryana in a small group and then when he invaded West UP. 

17 minutes ago, Jai Tegang! said:

It's mostly "preaching to the converted" meaning the people who already follow end up listening to the parchar. People who aren't interested (or non-

Even people who follow don't actually follow.

We hv many amritdharis but how many are rehitdharis?

I hv seen so many amritdharis who wear 5 kakaar but live like manmukhs.They r full of jealousy, greed, opportunism, lust etc

Guru Sahib has clearly said that without rehit, one cannot be called sikh.