The 13 dreaded gangsters of Punjab

Premi5

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

These villains are either sociopaths or psychopaths. 

There is a difference between the two from what I have learnt.

Psychopaths are born, sociopaths are made.

We think that a psychopath is a serial killer, but that is not necessarily true. A sociopath can be one as well.

What these two types have is lack of empathy. 

What Punjab's problem is a lack of empathy. That is one of the things us diaspora folk find hard to reconcile. 

If you have heard of the dark triad: Narcissism, Psychopathy and Machiavellianism I think these traits are more common in our place of origin rather than where we now live.

In fact in large parts of Punjab it is seen as good thing to be that way.

Here's an anecdote.

Some years ago I was at someone's house and one of their relatives in Punjab was a corrupt copper (aren't they all) who took loads of backhanders. 

One of the bibian , " Ooh, he's very clever! His dimagh is so tehj! "

One of the bandeh, " No he's a crook!"

I was quite astonished as someone had the guts to call a spade a spade.

Our culture has a habit of circumnavigate moral behaviour where being chilaq is seen as a good thing and is re-worded as being tehj or clever. 

Being forward and honest in your dealings is seen as "bhaula" or being "bhallamans"

Being tricky is lauded whereas being straightforward is seen as being a flaw. 

If our culture was more straightforward in their dealings with each other, Punjab would be a better place.

How was Sikhi expected to stick in a culture populated with these people? No, I don't believe the masses were angels or innocent back then. It was impossible to survive Middle Age India by being a Forrest Gump type character, lol. The impression given to us today is that those people were helpless devotees waiting for that one chance of liberation! Hilarious. Reading the old-school authentic sakhiya of Guru Nanak Dev Ji's travels should be enough to hint at the fact that the average person back then was dodgy at best; dangerous at worst.

There is a difference between the two from what I have learnt.

Psychopaths are born, sociopaths are made.

I don't think it's like that. From what I gather psychopaths all have sociopathic traits but are willing to use direct violence. They get a kick out of the helplessness of the victim whilst they are torturing them. So it's like extreme sociopathy. It's like a power buzz from taking life. They make good hit men in criminal fraternities. Others serial killers and even soldiers.

Sociopaths are generally less violent and more cerebral and tactical with their moves. They like to trap people in situations and drain them. They get a kick out of that control. Whilst they may not directly off someone, they still have no conscience and will create scenarios where people feel helpless enough to top themselves, even if these are family. They'll have no regret about this and will just move on to the next victim. They often do really well in business.

They say that people are born with these traits or dispositions but sometimes they only get activated (or made prominent) through abuse (usually in childhood).   But yes, some people seem born like this, even if they have loving supportive upbringings. Being spoilt seems to bring this out in many people too. It looks like a malfunction of the area of the brain that deals with empathy and emotion. It may be that this brain structure is biologically inherited, or that being raised by abusive parents makes the brain form in this way as a coping mechanism.

Because these people can see others stripped of any emotional interpretation, they are able to make detailed detached observations of human behaviour and rely on this information to manipulate others vulnerabilities.  They seem drawn to people with empathetic personalities or people who are vulnerable, like predators are to prey. 

11 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I don't think it's like that. From what I gather psychopaths all have sociopathic traits but are willing to use direct violence. They get a kick out of the helplessness of the victim whilst they are torturing them. So it's like extreme sociopathy. It's like a power buzz from taking life. They make good hit men in criminal fraternities. Others serial killers and even soldiers.

Sociopaths are generally less violent and more cerebral and tactical with their moves. They like to trap people in situations and drain them. They get a kick out of that control. Whilst they may not directly off someone, they still have no conscience and will create scenarios where people feel helpless enough to top themselves, even if these are family. They'll have no regret about this and will just move on to the next victim. They often do really well in business.

They say that people are born with these traits or dispositions but sometimes they only get activated (or made prominent) through abuse (usually in childhood).   But yes, some people seem born like this, even if they have loving supportive upbringings. Being spoilt seems to bring this out in many people too. It looks like a malfunction of the area of the brain that deals with empathy and emotion. It may be that this brain structure is biologically inherited, or that being raised by abusive parents makes the brain form in this way as a coping mechanism.

Because these people can see others stripped of any emotional interpretation, they are able to make detailed detached observations of human behaviour and rely on this information to manipulate others vulnerabilities.  They seem drawn to people with empathetic personalities or people whop are vulnerable, like predators are to prey. 

You think most powerful people, e.g. politicians are sociopaths?

https://www.psycom.net/antisocial-personality-disorder-sociopath-test/

Sociopath Test: Do I Have Antisocial Personality Disorder?

Do you have a persistent disregard for the feelings of others? Do you lack empathy? Take this assessment to learn more about this mental health condition.

Do you repeatedly lie to or trick others for your own gain or pleasure?
Always
Often
Sometimes
Rarely
Never
Do you act impulsively?
Always
Often
Sometimes
Rarely
Never
Do you fail to plan ahead?
Always
Often
Sometimes
Rarely
Never
Do you consistently fail to fulfill work obligations?
Always
Often
Sometimes
Rarely
Never
Do you consistently fail to fulfill financial obligations?
Always
Often
Sometimes
Rarely
Never
Have you ever engaged in criminal behavior?
Always
Often
Sometimes
Rarely
Never
Do you find yourself unable to empathize with others dealing with difficult situations?
Always
Often
Sometimes
Rarely
Never
If you hurt someone else’s feelings, do you lack remorse or guilt?
Always
Often
Sometimes
Rarely
Never
Are you aggressive?
Always
Often
Sometimes
Rarely
Never
Do you engage in unnecessary risk-taking or dangerous behavior with no regard for the safety of self or others?
Always
Often
Sometimes
Rarely
Never
Do you consider yourself superior to others?
Always
Often
Sometimes
Rarely
Never
Do you use charm or wit to manipulate others for your own benefit?
Always
Often
Sometimes
Rarely
Ne

1 minute ago, Premi5 said:

When you meet people, can you always tell ?

One of the tell tale signs is when someone laughs and smiles.

When you smile and laugh, you do it with your eyes.

These types you see them smiling with their mouths but their eyes don't match up. Also, some of these people don't even blink. It's almost as if they are trying to mimic human behaviour. 

Some of these guys are better at it then others

8 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

When you meet people, can you always tell ?

A few more examples, look at Badal junior. Sukhbir Badal.

If you met him, he would seem extremely charming and put you at ease (these types always are) but look at his eyes.

Look at former Italian Prime Minister, Silvio Berlusconi (another sociopath), he has the same kind of expression as Badal Junior.

You see patterns

Maybe I am looking into more than I should, but your human instincts tell you something