Ustat-the main reason behind success of baba culture

shastarSingh

Almost all Sikhs know that nindiya is bad,very bad. But gurbani says that ustat is also bad.

Punjab is full of deraas. These dere vaalas do so much ustat of their "brahmgyani sant baba" that the people's head begins to bow for their sant baba.

Ustat is the main reason people get attached to deraas instead of Guru Sahib.

Sikhs shud be watchful against this ustat tactic of dere vaalas.

23 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

That's the problem; I don't think they have. They talk a great game in public but far too often behind closed doors these people are found wanting in bigger ways than most of the people who follow them; people, who, at least, seem to be adhering to this "chela-puna" in good faith even if it means these followers are essentially wasting a janam attaching themselves to the feet of these men.

We also have to take into account that many of these babeh promote (again, on the down-low amongst their little insider group and certainly not in public) that they are the exception to the rule, i.e. "I'm the real deal. Guru Sahib says to follow the scriptures, but don't worry about that, follow me, it's the same thing, and you'll get to where you need to." Of course, to get them to openly admit this is impossible. They'll lose their power over the people -- sometimes generations of the same family -- and ultimately they'll have to find a job or start doing some kheti-bari, lmao. First-Class airline tickets to Caneda, Amrika, and Englendh don't come cheap.

On the political side, GOI and Indian agencies must be happy seeing sikh Sangat come under the control of sant babaas. These babaas don't hv the guts to take pangaa with govt. Or with the army.

Dhan dhan Baba Jarnail Singh ji Bhindranwale

1 minute ago, shastarSingh said:

On the political side, GOI and Indian agencies must be happy seeing sikh Sangat come under the control of sant babaas. These babaas don't hv the guts to take pangaa with govt. Or with the army.

Dhan dhan Baba Jarnail Singh ji Bhindranwale

There is a simple way, just don't bother with the sant babas. Go straight to the source, take out the middle man

There have  always been these sant baba types in Punjab but it seems that over the last few decades it has mushroomed.

I think that this could be due certain factors:

As Punjab has got more materialistic and people have become more aspirational, this has resulted in increased problems such as health, wealth etc and people have got more desperate.

So they have fallen into the trap of going to these babas for a quick fix of their problems.

I wonder when there was less of rat race, less materialism, less complications and generally more contentment whether people followed these babas

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use