Gita puts stamp on the cruel varna system!

shastarSingh

Chapter 4, Verse 13:

“chātur-varṇyaḿ mayā sṛṣṭaḿ guṇa-karma-vibhāgaśaḥ |

tasya kartāram api māḿ viddhy akartāram avyayam ||”

"According to the three modes of material nature and the work associated with them, the four divisions of human society are created by Me. And although I am the creator of this system, you should know that I am yet the non-doer, being unchangeable."

7 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

nah we one varaan khalsa

Put it this way, even the author/s of the Gita reveal their unintelligent mindset whereby the very people who tilled the land so that society could eat, were considered to be lesser than the rest. Last time I checked, humans can't eat holy scriptures and weapons. 

2 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Put it this way, even the author/s of the Gita reveal their unintelligent mindset whereby the very people who tilled the land so that society could eat, were considered to be lesser than the rest. Last time I checked, humans can't eat holy scriptures and weapons. 

Guru Sahiban all tilled the soil to show us that all professions are blessed and our prayers invoke blessings on the farmers, the sellers, the cooks along the way to our plates before we even take a morsel ...some people need to remember to be humble because they are nothing without the blessings of the masses

10 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

All? You sure about that?

Guru Arjan Dev? Guru Har Rai? Guru Har Krishan? Guru Gobind Singh? I'm certain based on official writings the mentioned Gurus had what we'd call staff and helpers which included people farming their land on their behalf. Let's not get... carried away!

who taught plantcare and cultivation to Guru Har Rai ji who created an exquisitely stocked medcinal garden and animal treatment place ? obviously it was his father and elders , Guru Harkrishan ji OK due to his age he is exempt . The point was they never showed disgust and rejected people who were poor, sick in need .no job was beneath them , Guru Gobind Singh ji even retied dastars and tended wounds of his beloved khalsa , Guru Teg Bahadur ji stripped himself of clothes to give to a naked child . Khalsa is the lowest of the low and because of that they became the highest model .