Pics of jaats getting into sikhi!

shastarSingh

3 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Proactive 

What it seems to suggest is that if Jats in Punjab lead the way then the rest will follow. 

If the Jaats in Western UP, Haryana and Rajastan become Sikh en masses and those follow the same patterns as Punjab then the non-Jaats of those states would follow. 

Wonder what the no.s of Jaats are in those states because the numbers are far greater than the ones in Punjab.

At least it might keep the conversions to christianity in check? 

But I think it might lead to factionalism too, it's not going to be long before Panjabi juts are going to start eying up any funds coming through new Gurdwara networks in the new areas and conflict arising over this. 

And it's fiction put out by McLeod, that other Panjabis went into Sikhi because of juts. Many had long standing relationships with Sikhi all the way from the Guru period.  

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

At least it might keep the conversions to christianity in check? 

But I think it might lead to factionalism too, it's not going to be long before Panjabi juts are going to start eying up any funds coming through new Gurdwara networks in the new areas and conflict arising over this. 

And it's fiction put out by McLeod, that other Panjabis went into Sikhi because of juts. Many had long standing relationships with Sikhi all the way from the Guru period.  

Not really.

I don't see Punjabi Jats eyeing funds in Delhi or in Haryana/Himachal so it doesn't make sense for them to do this in other areas either. 

Nobody knows  who McLeod is let alone follow anything he says.

5 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Proactive 

What it seems to suggest is that if Jats in Punjab lead the way then the rest will follow. 

If the Jaats in Western UP, Haryana and Rajastan become Sikh en masses and those follow the same patterns as Punjab then the non-Jaats of those states would follow. 

Wonder what the no.s of Jaats are in those states because the numbers are far greater than the ones in Punjab.

The situation in Haryana and Western UP is slightly different to Punjab, in Punjab the Jats were the main landholding caste in central and east Punjab. In south-east Punjab (ie Haryana) This status is shared by Gujjars, Ahirs and Rajputs. In the Jat belt of Haryana -Rohtak-Hissar-Sonepat, it is similar to Punjab but in other areas of Haryana these other landholding castes also have large populations. In Haryana, the Jats are estimated to be about 25% of the population and their solidarity has meant that they have pretty much ruled Haryana because the other landholding caste do not have the same solidarity and numbers combined as the Jats do. But Sikhi will become the majority religion of the rural areas of the Jat belt if we take advantage of the present circumstances. In the Jat villages especially the laagis will definitely follow them into Sikhi and Sikhs could become 30-40% of the population of Haryana. In Western UP the Jats are  less than the Jats in Haryana but in western UP the population is much larger and there are also Gujjars, Rajput, Yadavs and Ahirs who are landholders. Also the Muslim population is much larger than in Haryana.

Numbers wise if we take the Jat numbers from 1931 - in UP there were 848,000 Jats including about 50,000 Pachhada Sikh Jats who trace their origin to the times of Banda Singh Bahadur and who speak a mixture of Punjabi and HIndi. In Rajasthan in 1931 there were 1 million Jats. So if they increased by the same rate as the rest of the population then there are 7 million in Rajasthan and 5 million in western UP and about 6.5 million in Haryana. 

27 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Not really.

I don't see Punjabi Jats eyeing funds in Delhi or in Haryana/Himachal so it doesn't make sense for them to do this in other areas either. 

Jats are pure evil according to him and are at the bottom of everything wrong in Punjab. 

27 minutes ago, proactive said:

The situation in Haryana and Western UP is slightly different to Punjab, in Punjab the Jats were the main landholding caste in central and east Punjab. In south-east Punjab (ie Haryana) This status is shared by Gujjars, Ahirs and Rajputs. In the Jat belt of Haryana -Rohtak-Hissar-Sonepat, it is similar to Punjab but in other areas of Haryana these other landholding castes also have large populations. In Haryana, the Jats are estimated to be about 25% of the population and their solidarity has meant that they have pretty much ruled Haryana because the other landholding caste do not have the same solidarity and numbers combined as the Jats do. But Sikhi will become the majority religion of the rural areas of the Jat belt if we take advantage of the present circumstances. In the Jat villages especially the laagis will definitely follow them into Sikhi and Sikhs could become 30-40% of the population of Haryana. In Western UP the Jats are  less than the Jats in Haryana but in western UP the population is much larger and there are also Gujjars, Rajput, Yadavs and Ahirs who are landholders. Also the Muslim population is much larger than in Haryana.

Numbers wise if we take the Jat numbers from 1931 - in UP there were 848,000 Jats including about 50,000 Pachhada Sikh Jats who trace their origin to the times of Banda Singh Bahadur and who speak a mixture of Punjabi and HIndi. In Rajasthan in 1931 there were 1 million Jats. So if they increased by the same rate as the rest of the population then there are 7 million in Rajasthan and 5 million in western UP and about 6.5 million in Haryana. 

There is a symbiotic relationship between the different groups. If one group goes the others follow.

9 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Not really.

I hope so. I really hope apnay get our act together now and start overcoming a lot of the petty crap that now defines us. 

I've always thought India itself should be a Sikh country. I think we've got conflicts coming our way one way or another. 

8 hours ago, proactive said:

Jats are pure evil according to him and are at the bottom of everything wrong in Punjab. 

They are responsible for the current state of Panjab.  End of.

If you want to sit on the throne, you have to take responsibility for the state of the kingdom. 

What we are seeing are the results of this 'dominant' group's (as Ranjeet put it) decision making on Panjab. I meet and mix with these people all the time, they don't seem to have that higher thinking capacity to develop economies or culture, they just jump on whatever prototype someone else makes in droves, to supplement a constantly diminishing landholding in their family. Whether this was/is joining some army, immigrating abroad for low level work, crime. 

Same old story been going on for decades, if not a century now. They don't seem to have any grand vision. It says a lot that they haven't even set up trade schools out there despite this being the main source of desi jut employment in the UK at least.  

• 5 weeks later...