Pics of jaats getting into sikhi!

shastarSingh

20 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

I have seen in Slough and Southall  that most of the main events and activism happen in the Singh Sabha gurdwaras and not that much in the Ramgharia gurdwaras.

Credit where it's due. The Jassa Singh Ramgarhia Akhara seem to have their heads screwed on right unlike most Ramgarhia associations which tend to be more like social clubs and echo chambers for Ramgarhias to badmouth Jats. 

Credit also to the 7 Ramgarhia Gurdwaras that signed the letter to the PM from 230 Sikh organisations and Gurdwaras demanding Priti  Patel be sacked for demonising Sikhs in the speech she made in the USA. 

1. Ramgarhia Board Gurdwara, Leeds
  2. Ramgarhia Board Northampton (Gurdwara Sahib)
  3. Ramgarhia Sabha, Nottingham
  4. Ramgarhia Sabha, Reading
  5. Ramgarhia Sabha, Wolverhampton
  6. Ramgarhia Sikh Gurdwara, Slough
  7. Ramgarhia Sikh Society, Bedford

• 5 months later...
On 9/25/2021 at 9:40 AM, shastarSingh said:

That's right.

Even if we think spiritually, gurbani tells us to spread the True Naam in the world.

Guru Amar Das ji set up manji system where accomplished gursikhs were chosen to do parchar of sikhi on non Sikhs.

For some reason, many Sikhs insist "Sikhism isn't a missionary religion".

Leave aside the word "missionary", I think what they mean is you're never supposed to tell anybody about the greatness of Guru Nanak Dev ji.

That's not true. I mean Gurbani says at multiple places Sikhs are supposed to encourage others to recite the Name:

ਸਿਮਰਿ ਸਿਮਰਿ ਸਿਮਰਿ ਸੁਖ ਪਾਵਹੁ ॥

ਆਪਿ ਜਪਹੁ ਅਵਰਹ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਾਵਹੁ ॥

Remember, remember, remember the Name and obtain peace.

Thyself repeat the Name and make others to repeat it.

That's from Sukhmani Sahib, so there's no excuse for not knowing that verse.

On 2/14/2022 at 10:24 AM, GurjantGnostic said:

True. But to hold any military position or many jobs entails lapses of maryada. 

But that's not what he was saying. He was saying that certain among us not only compromised with maryada while working for the new masters, but also

-during off hours, 

-after retiring from service, and

-worst of all, passed on those compromises to following generations as a kind of baseline

The only true baseline for maryada is the maryada of Guru Gobind Singh ji.

On 2/10/2022 at 4:38 AM, dallysingh101 said:

Well thanks to 5aaban (I think?) who posted those pie charts showing just how many hindu and sakhi sarwaar juts converted to Sikh only in the last 100 years, especially in Doaba and Majha, it sort of explains a lot regarding how poor lumpen segments attachment and understanding of their dharam is over bhangra-paaing proclivities and whatnot. 

1. Beggars can't be choosers.

I'll take what we can get.

I'm actually fine with numbers. 

Yeah, so many of them have no clue what Gurbani says, but as long as they, in their minds, "ਮੰਨ" Guru Granth Sahib ji, that's good enough for me.

Because who am I to say I'm any better than them?

ਹਉ ਅਪਰਾਧੀ ਗੁਨਹਗਾਰ ਹਉ ਬੇਮੁਖ ਮੰਦਾ॥
ਚੋਰੁ ਯਾਰੁ ਜੂਆਰਿ ਹਉ ਪਰ ਘਰਿ ਜੋਹੰਦਾ॥

I am a criminal, a sinner, evil and apostate.
I am a thief, adulterer; gambler who always keeps his eye upon other's household.
Vaar Bhai Gurdas ji 36, Pauri 21

2. I'm pleased to be part of a Panth which encouraged people to join it for the love of Guru Nanak ji, instead of being forced to (by various means) like the Abrahamics.

3. If you're in the company of non-practicing Sikhs, they'll generally let you do your thing (Nitnem, Reharas, whatever). It's not like you're asking "Hey, mind if I do Namaz?" Or "I'm fasting for Ramadan".

You're part of the same religion, though they're not strict about it.

4. What the Mullahs do is, first they get you into their religion. Then they indoctrinate the kids into Jihad. Why can't we do the same (indoctrinate into Bhagti, not Jihad)?

5 hours ago, BhForce said:

1. Beggars can't be choosers.

I'll take what we can get.

I'm actually fine with numbers. 

Yeah, so many of them have no clue what Gurbani says, but as long as they, in their minds, "ਮੰਨ" Guru Granth Sahib ji, that's good enough for me.

Because who am I to say I'm any better than them?

ਹਉ ਅਪਰਾਧੀ ਗੁਨਹਗਾਰ ਹਉ ਬੇਮੁਖ ਮੰਦਾ॥
ਚੋਰੁ ਯਾਰੁ ਜੂਆਰਿ ਹਉ ਪਰ ਘਰਿ ਜੋਹੰਦਾ॥

I am a criminal, a sinner, evil and apostate.
I am a thief, adulterer; gambler who always keeps his eye upon other's household.
Vaar Bhai Gurdas ji 36, Pauri 21

2. I'm pleased to be part of a Panth which encouraged people to join it for the love of Guru Nanak ji, instead of being forced to (by various means) like the Abrahamics.

3. If you're in the company of non-practicing Sikhs, they'll generally let you do your thing (Nitnem, Reharas, whatever). It's not like you're asking "Hey, mind if I do Namaz?" Or "I'm fasting for Ramadan".

You're part of the same religion, though they're not strict about it.

4. What the Mullahs do is, first they get you into their religion. Then they indoctrinate the kids into Jihad. Why can't we do the same (indoctrinate into Bhagti, not Jihad)?

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh. 

Good points bro. You can catch me expanding my awareness or on clubhouse these days. 

Or email or Jami. 

On 8/17/2022 at 6:27 AM, BhForce said:

That doesn't happen though does it. These people can be in the thing for generations and still have a stronger barn-dancing identity than a dharmic one.