I want to get married

Guest Pyara

2 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

That's the best understanding of this issue you can muster? You can do better than that. That's a very surface-level take on things. The way things are, it's gone beyond things like street-wise and rough-around-the-edges guys hanging around building sites being free-thinking renegades while middle-class office pappus are stuck in their little cubicle-shaped hell holes, lol.

Office class pappus and pinkies are only clued up because streetwise guys started a movement to inform them of all the things their closeted upbringing hid them from. 

I don't think you've been at ground level or seen movements evolve and grow from street level into the wider community. 

I think you talk a lot but don't actually have any real experience in many things you routinely like to talk about, as if you know about these things. You're purely theoretical by the looks of it. 

It started on street level in the 80s, then a few street guys went to university (myself included) in the 90s, that's when it crossed filtered, when apnay from all over the country met and mixed. A lot of the stuff that started then: speeches at Sikh societies, the occasional speeches at a few Gurdwaras that would allow it, informing vulnerable females in halls as well as the less clued up brothers. Are now things the wider community does. There was no social media back then and the internet was just fledgling, no Sikh channels, so instead people produced magazines and leaflets. I see all those things that were just starting to be done then, now becoming more normalised and actual organisations (that are outside of the so-called 'gang' label), forming to do these very things now. Streetwise people also have much more experience with females than a closeted pappu.   

And don't get it twisted, even if I've worked on building sites, remember I'm a post-graduate, so I have worked in offices too. A wide range of experiences tends to broadens one's knowledge. 

PS - when I think about it, all these things more streetwise people are privy to before anyone else is simply down to a few simple factors: they are eagle eyed (probably a result of having to be very aware of dangers in various environments you've found yourself in since young); and most importantly they are not risk averse so breaking the odd rule is no biggy. That puts them in places where they can witness things others wont, and gives them experiences others don't have. Sure, some of them maybe 'special needs' in terms of academic abilities, but that's not true for all, many can smash academic stuff easier than the closeted folks can.    

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

Office class pappus and pinkies are only clued up because streetwise guys started a movement to inform them of all the things their closeted upbringing hid them from. 

I don't think you've been at ground level or seen movements evolve and grow from street level into the wider community. 

I think you talk a lot but don't actually have any real experience in many things you routinely like to talk about, as if you know about these things. You're purely theoretical by the looks of it. 

It started on street level in the 80s, then a few street guys went to university (myself included) in the 90s, that's when it crossed filtered, when apnay from all over the country met and mixed. A lot of the stuff that started then: speeches at Sikh societies, the occasional speeches at a few Gurdwaras that would allow it, informing vulnerable females in halls as well as the less clued up brothers. Are now things the wider community does. There was no social media back then and the internet was just fledgling, no Sikh channels, so instead people produced magazines and leaflets. I see all those things that were just starting to be done then, now becoming more normalised and actual organisations (that are outside of the so-called 'gang' label), forming to do these very things now. Streetwise people also have much more experience with females than a closeted pappu.   

And don't get it twisted, even if I've worked on building sites, remember I'm a post-graduate, so I have worked in offices too. A wide range of experiences tends to broadens one's knowledge. 

PS - when I think about it, all these things more streetwise people are privy to before anyone else is simply down to a few simple factors: they are eagle eyed (probably a result of having to be very aware of dangers in various environments you've found yourself in since young); and most importantly they are not risk averse so breaking the odd rule is no biggy. That puts them in places where they can witness things others wont, and gives them experiences others don't have. Sure, some of them maybe 'special needs' in terms of academic abilities, but that's not true for all, many can smash academic stuff easier than the closeted folks can.    

Which Movement ?

How do you think women and men in general have changed in the past 20-30 years? Do you think there are now less 'streetwise' men than before ?

30 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Which Movement ?

How do you think women and men in general have changed in the past 20-30 years? Do you think there are now less 'streetwise' men than before ?

The underground one that led to Gurdwaras and Sikh channels finally facing up to the reality of Sikh girls being groomed. The one that was a precursor to orgs like the SYUK and SAS forming. 

I'm not sure how streetwise guys are of the younger generation, but it's undeniable that the above issue that faced our community has now been taken to the wider community. How the masses of the newer lot react to it is yet to be seen. But now, no one can really deny that it is going on like in the past, and brush it off due to their cowardice or ignorance. And as a by product of this, the whole debate about raising females and female psychology has come to the fore. 

To your last question, many younger males seem soft as shyte right now, but I notice that many are training and are infinitely more clued up to the importance of how we raise and treat females, and what they can be vulnerable/susceptible to.  A lot of taboos have been smashed. I think a growing understanding of CP in DG has helped in this too.   

At this point in time I believe that in the end, it's those who have that intrinsic lack of fear I spoke about earlier that will take things further.   

1 minute ago, dallysingh101 said:

The underground one that led to Gurdwaras and Sikh channels finally facing up to the reality of Sikh girls being groomed. The one that was a precursor to orgs like the SYUK and SAS forming. 

I'm not sure how streetwise guys are of the younger generation, but it's undeniable that the above issue that faced our community has now been taken to the wider community. How the masses of the newer lot react to it is yet to be seen. But now, no one can really deny that it is going on like in the past, and brush it off due to their cowardice or ignorance. And as a by product of this, the whole debate about raising females and female psychology has come to the fore. 

To your last question, many younger males seem soft as shyte right now, but I notice that many are training and are infinitely more clued up to the importance of how we raise and treat females, and what they can be vulnerable susceptible to.  A lot of taboos have been smashed.  

At this point in time I believe that in the end, it's those who have that intrinsic lack of fear I spoke about earlier that will take things further.   

I agree vigilante action  is better,  but many cannot afford to get criminal records or they lose their careers

7 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

I agree vigilante action  is better,  but many cannot afford to get criminal records or they lose their careers

It's gone beyond just that now. Effective education campaigns are required as much. Understanding female psychology is central to this. 

Look simply put, you can wear all the kirpaans you want, if another community begins to feel that they can do whatever they want to your females with no serious repercussions, that's only going to (naturally) encourage more and more of them (and then others) to do this. 

14 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

The streets that we have to be smart about have moved to the digital world. Most scams happen online or through phones. 

Hacking, knowing your way around a computer, how to do effective facebook ads, use social media to get people on your side etc. Is the new street smarts

20 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Hope these lot are doing well and out of jail

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-22315118

Moghul Durbar restaurant 'revenge attack': Seven men jailed

Published
26 April 2013
East Park Road
image caption,Six people were treated in hospital after the disturbance at the restaurant

Seven men have been jailed for taking part in a revenge attack on a crowded restaurant in Leicester.

Hot curry was poured over one customer at the Moghul Durbar Restaurant on East Park Road in January.

The men, aged between 20 and 28, were jailed at Leicester Crown Court for two years each after pleading guilty to conspiracy to commit violent disorder.

The court heard they mistakenly believed men responsible for an attack on a girl were at the restaurant.

'Fled in terror'

Judge Simon Hammond said the group "took the law into their own hands" and staff and customers "were terrified - it was lawless anarchy".

He said the group had organised the revenge attack because they mistakenly believed the teenage girl's attackers were at the restaurant.

Six of the defendants were from Derby while the seventh was from Oldbury in the West Midlands.

The defendants were Surjit Pandher, 29, of Northfield, Derby; Gurmukh Singh Cheema, 25, of Harrington Street, Derby; Ranjit Singh, 21, of Harrington Street, Derby; Sundeep Sangha, 25, of Wordsworth Avenue, Derby; Raj Sangha, 24, of Wordsworth Avenue, Derby; Ranvir Singh, 21, of Harrington Street, Derby and Kahan Khalsa, 26, of Rectory Gardens, Oldbury, West Midlands.

Many of the customers and staff fled in terror from the restaurant after being attacked while eating their dinner, the court heard.

The prosecution said some of the group of about 40-50 people who joined the attack were wearing scarves and balaclavas and brandishing knives, poles, bricks and metal bars.

Following the attack six people were treated at Leicester Royal Infirmary, one of them for serious injuries.

Three staff members and one customer were stabbed in the attack and one man had hot curry poured over him.

The court heard that the men were sentenced for conspiracy to commit violent disorder as there was not enough evidence to link them directly to the assaults in the restaurant.

22 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Like I said, if this subject is a three-dimensional cube, you've seen one side of it and taken it to be the entirety of the cube.  It's clear you're very set in your ways and averse to even a little challenging thought. If you don't know by now, then you just don't know.