I want to get married

Guest Pyara

1 hour ago, Premi5 said:

CP could be used to educate youngsters on important life lessons that they would otherwise be more likely to learn the hard way though

Also to help them healthily conceptualise what they have already experienced or witnessed too.  

• Like 1
  • Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Crap article. I can guarantee this woman writer will do exactly same thing her mother does.  And funny thing is the irony would be lost on her.

You're right about being smart in the digital world because we know girls can now even get groomed online, with their parents right there in the same house. But the streets are still there; they haven

Nah, I just think this guy is weird. Threatening suicide no less! What kind of man is that? Not: I'll leave her or I'll divorce her but kill himself. If that's not weird then I don't know what else is

Posted Images

Guest guest

CP tells the truth about the flaws of average humans.  not all humans are saints.  but people always think their children are.  they have no idea what their darling little Kanjarpreet or Hoepal get up to behind their backs.  

lust, greed, revenge- sadly these are powerful driving forces in the world at large.  CP makes a comedy of them.

that said 'modern society' is also naive about human nature.

22 hours ago, Premi5 said:

That's exaggerating. Maybe a large minority, I doubt a majority. Although I have not been much to Punjab in the past 10 years so the current youngsters might be different to the ones I knew

CP could be used to educate youngsters on important life lessons that they would otherwise be more likely to learn the hard way though

I don't think the Jazzy B/Honey Singh generation are remotely interested myself.  

• Like 1
9 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Got a few downvotes in this thread when discussing families of besharam kanjars. Probably a besharam kanjar doing the downvoting... 😅😂

You have to get away from the idea of a family of besharam kanjars. 'Respectable' families are in no way immune to producing them. I think the exalted sense of self (haumai) that can come from being from such a background makes many of the offspring think they are above the rest, and not accountable for their actions like the rest of the plebs.  

I've seen the sons of wealthy, 'respectable' Gurdwara foundation types coked up at parties; looking for hookers and doing all kinds of things. There was one period when I got sick of suddenly running into respectable 'Pinkies' on the streets in the evening with their boyfriends, only for them to spot me and jump behind a car to hide, and their gairSikh boyfriend looking confused.  I just usually walked on like I never saw the b1tch. Only to meet them later, looking all wide eyed at me, to see if I saw them or not. lol

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I never said that. I meant they were the family OF a besharam kanjar, not that they were ALL besharam kanjars.

And my use of the phrase isn't limited to some stereotypical loud-mouthed, brash Punjabi family. Like you've pointed out, a family of apparently devout religious types can reveal themselves to be besharam kanjars. The way I use the phrase it's a descriptor of behaviour, not a particular category of person.

Cool. Thanks for clarifying. 

Let's not forget that that scumbag pedo, groomer Amere Dhaliwal's grandfather is a pardaan in a Gurdwara no less!!!

My mom came from a successful, self made family back home (from her father and his brothers skills and business acumen - she was very proud.....); she once told me explicitly (when I was being wild as a teenager): "Wealthy families get away with stuff and can hide it easily, and other 'respectable' people will play along with it."

I've seen this so many times!!  Affairs, drug taking, wife beating, gandu shyte and whatnot all whitewashed.  I think some of the 'respectable' family kids are straight bored sh1tless and don't get enough stimulus from their conservative upbringing, and then go rogue? 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 7:06 AM, Singh1989 said:

If in UK, you're highly educated and have income of about £18k (after tax) then a flood of opportunities will come your way. Tell parents your wishes, they will ask around their Pindu friends you will b sorted. 

If education not high, you're not Amritdhari but have a decent job you may get a chance still. 

If education is low, no decent job and yer Amritdhari seeking Amritdhari girl... FORGET IT! Go Punjab and get married. Yes it'll b costly and yes, you will have t deal with cultural clashes between the two of you. 

Tough. But guess money talks. 

Maintaining your identity is one thing but getting married is another thing. Could be wrong.

Makes you think about the quote by Guru Gobind Singh: 

Raj Bina Nahin Dharam Chale Hain, Dharam Bina Sab Dalle Malle Hain

• Like 1
On 10/26/2021 at 7:06 AM, Singh1989 said:

If in UK, you're highly educated and have income of about £18k (after tax) then a flood of opportunities will come your way. Tell parents your wishes, they will ask around their Pindu friends you will b sorted. 

If education not high, you're not Amritdhari but have a decent job you may get a chance still. 

If education is low, no decent job and yer Amritdhari seeking Amritdhari girl... FORGET IT! Go Punjab and get married. Yes it'll b costly and yes, you will have t deal with cultural clashes between the two of you. 

Cultural clashes aren’t really worth it. 

Do the Pakistani Sikh population just intermarry, or do any marry into Indian Punjabi families ? Any that marry into the West?

Not confident anyone here will know much, but I'm interested. And what background are these Pakistani Sikh from - mostly urban ? Mostly rural ? Or a mix

2 hours ago, Premi5 said:

Do the Pakistani Sikh population just intermarry, or do any marry into Indian Punjabi families ? Any that marry into the West?

Not confident anyone here will know much, but I'm interested. And what background are these Pakistani Sikh from - mostly urban ? Mostly rural ? Or a mix

The Pakistani Sikhs are more open to marrying extended family. 

26 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

The Pakistani Sikhs are more open to marrying extended family. 

It's not ideal. 

It would be better if they married into Indian Punjabi Sikh familiies. 

1 hour ago, Premi5 said:

It's not ideal. 

It would be better if they married into Indian Punjabi Sikh familiies. 

In the past when most Khatri Sikhs lived in Pakistan, a lot of Khatris also intermarried within the family rather than marrying people from far away and non-khatris. They were also open to marrying with Hindus. 

That's why we should always be aware of our local sangat, and not get absorbed into mainstream culture. 

On 10/11/2021 at 3:57 PM, Premi5 said:

That's exaggerating. Maybe a large minority, I doubt a majority. Although I have not been much to Punjab in the past 10 years so the current youngsters might be different to the ones I knew

Singhs need to read charitropakhyan. This girlfriend-dating <banned word filter activated> mentality is really corrupting the new generation of sikh/punjabi youth. they need to wise up to what on earth is going on before jumping into making casual partners with their teenage hormonal brains!

• Like 2