Why nri Sikhs get so easily emotionally fooled?

shastarSingh

9 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

Nri Sikhs gave millions of dollars/pounds to kejriwal. Kejriwal used all that money on Delhi instead of punjab.

Baba jaswant Singh told nri Sikhs that he will open dental college for poor sikh students. He got lots of money from nri Sikhs. My sister studied in that college. It's all about money there and no poor Sikhs study there. Even Hindu girls who can offer good money study there.

So many people on the name of khalistan got loads of money from nri Sikhs. Where that money went nobody knows.

Why nri Sikhs give so much money to people without checking/enquiring where that money gets used?

People want to help and they trust too easy.

Because we believed that Indian residential Sikhs have higher morals than the foreign Sikhs who have been westernised. 

Indian Sikhs have typically been put on a moral pedestal as they are seen as more authentic and idealised in a way Western Sikhs feel they wish they were.

We western Sikhs feel guilty about not being in touch with our culture so we over-compensate.

Our parents that came from Punjab in previous eras made us feel guilty about our western ways so much that when we meet our cousins from Punjab who are own age group, we feel that is how our parents wish we were. 

However, the reality is very different. 

When we realise that Indian.Sikhs are not better than us Western Sikhs it creates a lot of cognitive dissonance and this becomes resentment. 

When you are brought up and raised to think of a segment of your quam as superior to you, you realise that you been lied to all your life when reality bites and you have lots of rage and anger.

When you put people on a pedestal and they do not meet expectations then the fall from grace from the eyes of a Western.Sikh is great than the Indian Sikhs fall into a gutter. 

I hope this articulates things in a more clear way.

11 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Because we believed that Indian residential Sikhs have higher morals than the foreign Sikhs who have been westernised. 

Indian Sikhs have typically been put on a moral pedestal as they are seen as more authentic and idealised in a way Western Sikhs feel they wish they were.

We western Sikhs feel guilty about not being in touch with our culture so we over-compensate.

Our parents that came from Punjab in previous eras made us feel guilty about our western ways so much that when we meet our cousins from Punjab who are own age group, we feel that is how our parents wish we were. 

When we realise that Indian.Sikhs are not better than us Western Sikhs it creates a lot of cognitive dissonance and this becomes resentment. 

When you are brought up and raised to think of a segment of your quam as superior to you, you realise that you been lied to all your life when reality bites and you have lots of rage and anger.

When you put people on a pedestal and they do not meet expectations then the fall from grace from the eyes of a Western.Sikh is great than the Indian Sikhs fall into a gutter. 

I am born and brought up in punjab but due to my good education, I have travelled abroad.

I won't talk about general Punjabis but I find western born practicing Sikhs much more honest and spiritual. Lots of practicing Sikhs in India are so hypocritical and arrogant.

When sikhi will become global, it will be due to the honesty and spirituality of western born naam abhiyasi gursikhs.

36 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

I am born and brought up in punjab but due to my good education, I have travelled abroad.

I won't talk about general Punjabis but I find western born practicing Sikhs much more honest and spiritual. Lots of practicing Sikhs in India are so hypocritical and arrogant.

When sikhi will become global, it will be due to the honesty and spirituality of western born naam abhiyasi gursikhs.

Western Sikhs are not perfect.

If we are honest it is because there is nothing to be gained from the political BS. You live a much better life with far less baggage then looking to lie, cheat every second you get. 

I can see why the police beat the **** out of people in India because it is the only to get any truth out. The people are so crooked that it takes a lathi to make them.straight. 

Reason and understanding is not appreciated only fear.

India is a messed up place and quite frankly the people disgust me.I suspect many Western Sikhs feel the same. 

17 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

India is a messed up place and quite frankly the people disgust me.I suspect many Western Sikhs feel the same. 

Why western Sikhs have not able to produce local parcharaks and kirtaniyas and gianis?

Why so much money is wasted in importing parcharaks kirtaniyas and "brahmgyani" babaas from india almost every weekend.

1 hour ago, shastarSingh said:

I think it's also going to spread through everyday people who have a deep connection to Sikh culture (not Panjabi culture!). I think these people will be refreshing for the world. And by this I mean by their openness/ honesty but also guile, strength and bravery. Those things are inspiring to people.  

7 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

Why western Sikhs have not able to produce local parcharaks and kirtaniyas and gianis?

Why so much money is wasted in importing parcharaks kirtaniyas and "brahmgyani" babaas from india almost every weekend.

Because like I said before we have a culturally inferiority complex. Our lack of Punjabi and us being too western hinders us.

We feel that importing that you are going to get far better quality.

There is a certain adolescence amongst even the born and raised Sikhs who are in their fifties and sixties. 

However, with the advent of the Internet you don't need to the things you mentoned before because it is all online.

22 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Because like I said before we have a culturally inferiority complex. Our lack of Punjabi and us being too western hinders us.

I don't. I see them as under developed pendus, whose sociopathy (i.e. inherent dishonesty and self-centeredness) gives them an edge. They are rarely whole rounded humans. I've been around them a lot. 

I know Panjabi vocabulary that the average pendu from back home doesn't (and I taught myself). So, I don't feel inferior there. You know most desi blokes (especially from depths of Doaba) consider  much of the Sikhi related stuff we talk about here as irrelevant bollox, so i know I have more knowledge and interest in it than them. 

I'll tell whitey and his momma to go f**k themselves if I need too, so I don't feel like I'm excessively 'westernised'. Sure, growing up here has shaped me and made me different to a pendu, but I've spend a large part of my life exploring my Sikh culture and it has had an effect on my mentality and psyche to make me different to some average, dimwitted, football fan apna. 

11 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

You know what I think it is? I think being raised in Panjab very often makes you a sociopath i.e. a natural liar, who gets off on deceiving (most often their own) people and making fools out of them. It's natural behaviour for them. You can tell with the way desis, more often than not, try and con their own relatives out of land. It's like a choreaan da culture as a norm over there. You can tell by the way many desi people's eyes are that they have a  ਚੋਰਾਂ ਦਾ ਨਜ਼ਰ.  

Whereas some of us in the diaspora grow up around a lot of other communities that are not like us. Some of these communities appear to be more united than us and support each other. They have movements within to try and bring their own societies up, and to compete with others (mainly competing with goray). This seems attractive and some of us wish to uplift our own community in this way, especially as they often look like underdeveloped, backwards country bumpkin yokels to us - which is cringe worthy. 

But I do think you are right, we should think twice about giving any f**k about desis, because if the ball was on the other foot, they'd probably stand around and watch us die with no problem.   And then do some gay bhangra going 'bwaaaaah! bwaaaah'! Like this c**t:

Hardysingh Hardysaini GIF - Hardysingh Hardysaini Purebhangra GIFs

Bottom line: We care too much, whereas desis (especially rural juts) don't care about about anything other than money.

And this has been said in a room full of desi jut 'builders' in front of me recently, and not one single jut disagreed. So any butt hurt pendus can bite their lip.  

8 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

@dallysingh101You seem to love posting these bhangra gifs every chance you get!  My parents I don't think were even aware of bhangra growing up, and they came to UK when they were in adolescence or after; anyone know how bhangra 'grew' in recent generations ? I think it was UK-based bands in 80's because Punjabi music is more than bhangra

I agree though, that in Punjab, people are not very honest and exaggerate and half-truths are way of life. 

Does this corruption stem from the tough times living under the corrupt Mughals and then the British ? Was this necessary for self-preservation going back to those times living under foreign rulers?

@Ranjeet01 Yes, the Indian Sikhs have lost their religious superiority in past 2-3 generations. It's a lot to do with modernisation/wanting to be more 'western', whereas we living in western countries are used to it all, and can take it or leave it. 

India is very much about keeping up appearances, one-upmanship and boasting and showing off. This applies a lot of western India communities in UK/Canada/USA also it seems

15 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

@dallysingh101You seem to love posting these bhangra gifs every chance you get!  My parents I don't think were even aware of bhangra growing up, and they came to UK when they were in adolescence or after; anyone know how bhangra 'grew' in recent generations ? I think it was UK-based bands in 80's because Punjabi music is more than bhangra

I agree though, that in Punjab, people are not very honest and exaggerate and half-truths are way of life. 

Does this corruption stem from the tough times living under the corrupt Mughals and then the British ? Was this necessary for self-preservation going back to those times living under foreign rulers?

@Ranjeet01 Yes, the Indian Sikhs have lost their religious superiority in past 2-3 generations. It's a lot to do with modernisation/wanting to be more 'western', whereas we living in western countries are used to it all, and can take it or leave it. 

India is very much about keeping up appearances, one-upmanship and boasting and showing off. This applies a lot of western India communities in UK/Canada/USA also it seems

Yes, the Indian Sikhs have lost their religious superiority in past 2-3 generations. It's a lot to do with modernisation/wanting to be more 'western', whereas we living in western countries are used to it all, and can take it or leave it. 

What I think that has happened is that modernisation has revealed the true nature. Us barrh waleh are more exposed to it now.

They like to live in their self-deception. I no longer have time for this type of behaviour

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Yes, the Indian Sikhs have lost their religious superiority in past 2-3 generations. It's a lot to do with modernisation/wanting to be more 'western', whereas we living in western countries are used to it all, and can take it or leave it. 

What I think that has happened is that modernisation has revealed the true nature. Us barrh waleh are more exposed to it now.

They like to live in their self-deception. I no longer have time for this type of behaviour

I would imagine a lot of developing countries actually share a similar mentality. I would not be surprised if this type of mentality is (and I have seen examples of it also) common in Africa, other parts of Asia and Latin America