Jump to content

Why nri Sikhs get so easily emotionally fooled?


Recommended Posts

Nri Sikhs gave millions of dollars/pounds to kejriwal. Kejriwal used all that money on Delhi instead of punjab.

Baba jaswant Singh told nri Sikhs that he will open dental college for poor sikh students. He got lots of money from nri Sikhs. My sister studied in that college. It's all about money there and no poor Sikhs study there. Even Hindu girls who can offer good money study there.

So many people on the name of khalistan got loads of money from nri Sikhs. Where that money went nobody knows.

Why nri Sikhs give so much money to people without checking/enquiring where that money gets used?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why India-resident Sikh leadership use Sikhi as a front for self-enrichment, greed and corruption? 😅

I completely understand what you said here. I played 'dumb' a little because I've asked you the question before but you were not very forthcoming (about whether UK bhangra scene increased popularity o

I think that you REALLY struggle to grasp what I say. And often get the wrong end of the stick. But let me tell you how I think it went.  The 80s were appalling for nonwhites in the UK. Open

Posted Images

5 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

Nri Sikhs gave neions of dollars/pounds to kejriwal. Kejriwal used all that money on Delhi instead of punjab.

Baba jaswant Singh told nri Sikhs that he will open dental college for poor sikh students. He got lots of money from nri Sikhs. Moy sister studied in that college. It's all about money there and no poor Sikhs study there. Even Hindu girls who can offyer good money study there.

So many people on the name of khalistan got loads of money from nri Sikhs. Where that money went nobody knows.

Why nri Sikhs give so much money to people without checking/enquiring where that money gets used?

Are you saying Indian Sikhs DON't get fooled ?

Do these NRI's mind completely change when they leave India ? They only became fools when they left India ? I doubt it, they would know all about any tricks or corruption in India

Anyone can get fooled, and sometimes we don't realise it. 

On a related point, are Western charities and NGO 'fooling' people as well? I think in some cases, even the big names, they are

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Are you saying Indian Sikhs DON't get fooled ?

You are right. Indian Sikhs are so easily fooled by babaas or by immigration agents.

But nri Sikhs living in first world countries, u expect them to be more wise.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shastarSingh said:

You are right. Indian Sikhs are so easily fooled by babaas or by immigration agents.

But nri Sikhs living in first world countries, u expect them to be more wise.

People get fooled in '1st  world' countries also

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shastarSingh said:

You are right. Indian Sikhs are so easily fooled by babaas or by immigration agents.

But nri Sikhs living in first world countries, u expect them to be more wise.

You know what I think it is? I think being raised in Panjab very often makes you a sociopath i.e. a natural liar, who gets off on deceiving (most often their own) people and making fools out of them. It's natural behaviour for them. You can tell with the way desis, more often than not, try and con their own relatives out of land. It's like a choreaan da culture as a norm over there. You can tell by the way many desi people's eyes are that they have a  ਚੋਰਾਂ ਦਾ ਨਜ਼ਰ.  

Whereas some of us in the diaspora grow up around a lot of other communities that are not like us. Some of these communities appear to be more united than us and support each other. They have movements within to try and bring their own societies up, and to compete with others (mainly competing with goray). This seems attractive and some of us wish to uplift our own community in this way, especially as they often look like underdeveloped, backwards country bumpkin yokels to us - which is cringe worthy. 

But I do think you are right, we should think twice about giving any f**k about desis, because if the ball was on the other foot, they'd probably stand around and watch us die with no problem.   And then do some gay bhangra going 'bwaaaaah! bwaaaah'! Like this c**t:

 

Hardysingh Hardysaini GIF - Hardysingh Hardysaini Purebhangra GIFs

Bottom line: We care too much, whereas desis (especially rural juts) don't care about about anything other than money.

And this has been said in a room full of desi jut 'builders' in front of me recently, and not one single jut disagreed. So any butt hurt pendus can bite their lip.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Bottom line: We care too much,

Nri Sikhs shud keep caring about Sikhs in India but shud do so wisely.

There are many families of shaheed Singhs who are in pretty bad shape.

On the other hand some fuddus got money from nri Sikhs on the name of khalistan or Kharrku lehar and used that money on making their big kothis.

Nri Sikhs shud be watchful against such deceivers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

Nri Sikhs shud keep caring about Sikhs in India but shud do so wisely.

There are many families of shaheed Singhs who are in pretty bad shape.

On the other some fuddus got money from nri Sikhs on the name of khalistan or Kharrku lehar and used that money on making their big kothis.

Nri Sikhs shud be watchful against such deceivers.

I remember hearing about some pardaan in Southall Gurdwara, collecting a bunch of funds to buy a tank for the K'stan movement. He took a massive amount of Gurdwara funds and then just disappeared with the money, this was in the 80s! lol

Rural apnay have this herd like mentality, and if they have some event or cause, they don't want to look cheap because they feel it shows on their reputation, so they make a show of contributing, to prove they are 'down for the cause'.

What I'd want to know is, what is the SGPC/Akali Dal doing about the shaheed families? They aren't short of funds. I'd have thought even those lowlifes would have sorted out the families, even if for the wrong reasons i.e. to make a show of their 'religiosity'. But that just shows you what we've been talking about regarding desi mentality - they happily give out whiskey for votes but leave these families hanging. And all of the desi folk just tolerate it. 

And then you wonder why some of us (who would love a Sikh country!) think the idea of K'stan is ridiculous given these characteristics (which are pretty much norms) in the panth right now.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I remember hearing about some pardaan in Southall Gurdwara, collecting a bunch of funds to buy a tank for the K'stan movement. He took a massive amount of Gurdwara funds and then just disappeared with the money, this was in the 80s! lol

Rural apnay have this herd like mentality, and if they have some event or cause, they don't want to look cheap because they feel it shows on their reputation, so they make a show of contributing, to prove they are 'down for the cause'.

What I'd want to know is, what is the SGPC/Akali Dal doing about the shaheed families? They aren't short of funds. I'd have thought even those lowlifes would have sorted out the families, even if for the wrong reasons i.e. to make a show of their 'religiosity'. But that just shows you what we've been talking about regarding desi mentality - they happily give out whiskey for votes but leave these families hanging. And all of the desi folk just tolerate it. 

And then you wonder why some of us (who would love a Sikh country!) think the idea of K'stan is ridiculous given these characteristics (which are pretty much norms) in the panth right now.  

Just look at widow colony in Delhi.

DSGMC is super rich as well as the Delhi Sikhs........

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

I remember hearing about some pardaan in Southall Gurdwara, collecting a bunch of funds to buy a tank for the K'stan movement. He took a massive amount of Gurdwara funds and then just disappeared with the money, this was in the 80s! lol

Rural apnay have this herd like mentality, and if they have some event or cause, they don't want to look cheap because they feel it shows on their reputation, so they make a show of contributing, to prove they are 'down for the cause'.

What I'd want to know is, what is the SGPC/Akali Dal doing about the shaheed families? They aren't short of funds. I'd have thought even those lowlifes would have sorted out the families, even if for the wrong reasons i.e. to make a show of their 'religiosity'. But that just shows you what we've been talking about regarding desi mentality - they happily give out whiskey for votes but leave these families hanging. And all of the desi folk just tolerate it. 

And then you wonder why some of us (who would love a Sikh country!) think the idea of K'stan is ridiculous given these characteristics (which are pretty much norms) in the panth right now.  

Not just shaheed parvaars, but also dharmi faujis, we haven't been able to help them too.

Sgpc is all chor.

They could have opened good sikh schools that would have stopped sikh parents sending their kids to convent Christian schools.

They could have opened small hospitals or dispensaries.

They could have opened many drug deaddiction centres.

They could have helped in parchar on jaats, gujjars, sikligars, vanjaras.

They could have translated sikh literature into Hindi and other Indian languages and done parchar of sikhi all over India.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

Nri Sikhs gave millions of dollars/pounds to kejriwal. Kejriwal used all that money on Delhi instead of punjab.

Baba jaswant Singh told nri Sikhs that he will open dental college for poor sikh students. He got lots of money from nri Sikhs. My sister studied in that college. It's all about money there and no poor Sikhs study there. Even Hindu girls who can offer good money study there.

So many people on the name of khalistan got loads of money from nri Sikhs. Where that money went nobody knows.

Why nri Sikhs give so much money to people without checking/enquiring where that money gets used?

People want to help and they trust too easy.

Because we believed that Indian residential Sikhs have higher morals than the foreign Sikhs who have been westernised. 

Indian Sikhs have typically been put on a moral pedestal as they are seen as more authentic and idealised in a way Western Sikhs feel they wish they were.

We western Sikhs feel guilty about not being in touch with our culture so we over-compensate.

Our parents that came from Punjab in previous eras made us feel guilty about our western ways so much that when we meet our cousins from Punjab who are own age group, we feel that is how our parents wish we were. 

However, the reality is very different. 

When we realise that Indian.Sikhs are not better than us Western Sikhs it creates a lot of cognitive dissonance and this becomes resentment. 

When you are brought up and raised to think of a segment of your quam as superior to you, you realise that you been lied to all your life when reality bites and you have lots of rage and anger.

When you put people on a pedestal and they do not meet expectations then the fall from grace from the eyes of a Western.Sikh is great than the Indian Sikhs fall into a gutter. 

I hope this articulates things in a more clear way.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

People want to help and they trust too easy.

Because we believed that Indian residential Sikhs have higher morals than the foreign Sikhs who have been westernised. 

Indian Sikhs have typically been put on a moral pedestal as they are seen as more authentic and idealised in a way Western Sikhs feel they wish they were.

We western Sikhs feel guilty about not being in touch with our culture so we over-compensate.

Our parents that came from Punjab in previous eras made us feel guilty about our western ways so much that when we meet our cousins from Punjab who are own age group, we feel that is how our parents wish we were. 

However, the reality is very different. 

When we realise that Indian.Sikhs are not better than us Western Sikhs it creates a lot of cognitive dissonance and this becomes resentment. 

When you are brought up and raised to think of a segment of your quam as superior to you, you realise that you been lied to all your life when reality bites and you have lots of rage and anger.

When you put people on a pedestal and they do not meet expectations then the fall from grace from the eyes of a Western.Sikh is great than the Indian Sikhs fall into a gutter. 

I hope this articulates things in a more clear way.

I am born and brought up in punjab but due to my good education, I have travelled abroad.

I won't talk about general Punjabis but I find western born practicing Sikhs much more honest and spiritual. Lots of practicing Sikhs in India are so hypocritical and arrogant.

When sikhi will become global, it will be due to the honesty and spirituality of western born naam abhiyasi gursikhs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

I am born and brought up in punjab but due to my good education, I have travelled abroad.

I won't talk about general Punjabis but I find western born practicing Sikhs much more honest and spiritual. Lots of practicing Sikhs in India are so hypocritical and arrogant.

When sikhi will become global, it will be due to the honesty and spirituality of western born naam abhiyasi gursikhs.

Western Sikhs are not perfect.

If we are honest it is because there is nothing to be gained from the political BS. You live a much better life with far less baggage then looking to lie, cheat every second you get. 

I can see why the police beat the **** out of people in India because it is the only to get any truth out. The people are so crooked that it takes a lathi to make them.straight. 

Reason and understanding is not appreciated only fear.

India is a messed up place and quite frankly the people disgust me.I suspect many Western Sikhs feel the same. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

India is a messed up place and quite frankly the people disgust me.I suspect many Western Sikhs feel the same. 

Why western Sikhs have not able to produce local parcharaks and kirtaniyas and gianis?

Why so much money is wasted in importing parcharaks kirtaniyas and "brahmgyani" babaas from india almost every weekend.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shastarSingh said:

When sikhi will become global, it will be due to the honesty and spirituality of western born naam abhiyasi gursikhs.

I think it's also going to spread through everyday people who have a deep connection to Sikh culture (not Panjabi culture!). I think these people will be refreshing for the world. And by this I mean by their openness/ honesty but also guile, strength and bravery. Those things are inspiring to people.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use