CM Amarinder Resigns

Kau89r8

31 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

This bit is hilarious and shows you where people's heads are at:

Historically Captain has not betrayed the Panth as much as other Akali factions have.

him and his brother in law Badal have playing games of musical chairs whilst both minting it from ill gotten gains ripped off  from punjab's and SGPC managed assets ,whilst pushing all oppressive bills into the legislature

11 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

This bit is hilarious and shows you where people's heads are at:

Historically Captain has not betrayed the Panth as much as other Akali factions have.

Choosing your less poison .  But Aman who wrote the thread is really good journalist and beenm covering farmers protest day 1. He's been threatened many times 

But crazy at one time he was was for Sikh State ... His bro in law Simerjeet Singh Maan has been Khalistan advocate his whole life

Imagine what comes after him could make him a 'saint'...praying it doesn't but Navjot is a Brahmin in disguise opening praised kps gill 

Ambika Soni Rules Herself Out of CM’s Race in Punjab, Says a Sikh Leader Should Succeed Captain

As per the reports, the veteran leader at a late-night meeting has asked the party to elect a Sikh leader for the position.

Updated: September 19, 2021 12:58 PM IST

By India.com News DeskEmail   https://www.india.com/news/india/amarinder-singh-resignation-punjab-congress-crisis-latest-news-update-ambika-soni-rules-herself-out-of-cms-race-in-punjab-says-a-sikh-leader-should-succeed-captain-sunil-jakhar-navoj-sidhu-4966836/ Edited by Surabhi ShauryaEmailFollow

Ambika Soni Rules Herself Out of CM's Race in Punjab, Says a Sikh Leader Should Succeed Captain

New Delhi: Putting an end to all speculations, Congress leader Ambika Soni has rejected an offer to succeed Captain Amarinder Singh as the next Chief Minister of Punjab.”I have declined the offer (to be the next Punjab CM). Party’s exercise is going on in Chandigarh with the general secretary and observers are taking views of all MLAs. I believe Punjab CM face should be a Sikh”, said Soni, who was touted as the front runner for the post.Also Read - After Amarinder Singh's Resignation, Congress Observers to Finalise New Punjab CM Today | Top Developments

If reports are to be believed, the veteran leader at a late-night meeting with Rahul and Sonia had also stressed that only a Sikh leader should be appointed as the successor of Captain Amarinder Singh. Also Read - Congress President Will Choose New CM For Punjab, Sent 2 Resolutions, Says Harish Rawat After CLP meet

Meanwhile, the grand old party is expected to announce the new Punjab CM in the next 2-3 hours today. Earlier on Saturday, soon after Singh stepped down as CM of Punjab, the Congress Legislative Party (CLP) unanimously passed a resolution to give party president Sonia Gandhi the power to nominate his successor.

“A decision will be taken in the next 2-3 hours”,  Congress MLA Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa told reporters when asked about the announcement of the new Punjab CM.

Earlier in the day, a meeting of the Punjab Congress Legislative Party (CLP), which was slated for 11 am was deferred, with party sources saying that a consensus is yet to be made on the name of the new CLP leader.

AICC general secretary and Punjab affairs in-charge Harish Rawat and party’s central observers Ajay Maken and Harish Chaudhary are currently in the city.

Meanwhile, former Punjab Congress chief Sunil Jakhar, current state unit president Navjot Singh Sidhu, party leaders Tript Rajinder Singh Bajwa and Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa are among frontrunners to be the next Punjab CM.

Chandigarh: 

Congress leader Charanjit Singh Channi will be the next Chief Minister of Punjab, the party said today after a meeting with its MLAs following the resignation of Captain Amarinder Singh, just months away from the assembly election.

Mr Channi, who will be the first Chief Minister of Punjab from the Scheduled Caste community, now holds the position of Technical Education Minister of Punjab. He is a three-time MLA from Chamkaur Sahib constituency.

"Heartfelt gratitude and thanks to the top leadership for appointing me Chief Minister of Punjab...I will always work for the welfare of the people and to give new energy and momentum to the sustainable development journey of the state," the 58-year-old tweeted today following the announcement.

Mr Channi was among the section of Punjab Congress MLAs who put pressure on the party high command for a change in leadership. Mr Singh resigned eventually.

Previously, Mr Channi was the leader of opposition in the Punjab assembly from 2015 to 2016. He was made a minister in the Captain Amarinder Singh government in March 2017.

A #MeToo case is also pending against Mr Channi for allegedly sending an inappropriate text to a woman Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer in 2018. The woman never filed a complaint and Mr Singh had then said the issue was "resolved". But the case resurfaced in May this year when the Punjab Women's Commission sent notice to the state government asking for its response to the allegation.

A believer in astrology, his friends say he even practices "weird" things to keep shining in politics. Days after joining the cabinet in 2017, Mr Channi, on the advice of an astrologer to have an east-facing entry to his house, illegally constructed a road from a park outside his official residence in Sector 2, Chandigarh.

Within hours, the road was razed by the Chandigarh administration.

On another occasion, he reportedly rode an elephant on the lawn of his house in Kharar -- again on his astrologer's advice. Images of the "elephantine" act went viral and left many amused.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/who-is-charanjit-singh-channi-punjabs-new-chief-minister-2546256

16 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

Sukhbir badal is educated from California State university, los Angeles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhbir_Singh_Badal

Don't think that means much, I've not heard of it before.

It's a lot easier relatively, for international students to gain places to study because they pay high fees which is profitable for the institution. Indians just want an international education for the prestige, it doesn't matter really how good the degree is

15 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I'm talking about the ahhm junta I meet. I rarely meet a desi apna with intellectual curiosity. 

I think schools/higher institutions encourage rote learning in India rather than 'thinking'. 'Thinking' is probably more limited to the very elite/exclusive prestigious private schools, although at least some Punjabi politicians have attended these schools

Very few Punjabis seem to gain international roles/prominent positions in Business or other fields in which a high educational level is usually needed, or even within India itself. This includes Hindu Punjabis. 

I know his family have dodgy history (well, all the powerful families seem to be intertwined in Punjab) and he's of the other party, but Bikram Singh Majithia comes across through his speeches and interviews, as a highly intelligent man. 

Navjot Sidhu is obviously quick-witted from what I see. I have heard he would not be a popular choice as leader however, because his father defended the enemies of the Kharkhus. Cannot find much info on google about this, anyone know more ?