CM Amarinder Resigns

Kau89r8

Don't think that means much, I've not heard of it before.

It's a lot easier relatively, for international students to gain places to study because they pay high fees which is profitable for the institution. Indians just want an international education for the prestige, it doesn't matter really how good the degree is

I've been uni a few times. I noticed that often the children of politicians of some importance, get passed, regardless of brains. It's like a political arrangement.  

2 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I've been uni a few times. I noticed that often the children of politicians of some importance, get passed, regardless of brains. It's like a political arrangement.  

He only got a 2:2 and possibly changed to an easier course. 

It might not be in an institution's interests to not 'play the game' as they could get threats of losing funding, jobs, etc. In India, you can pay bribes (allegedly)

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=733109

Hi,
I was shocked to learn that Prince Charles only achieved a B and C in his A-levels to get into Trinity College, Cambridge. Apparently it was even recommendation by a Lord that enabled him to secure a place there. i.e a word with the college dean.

https://artsandculture.google.com/asset/hrh-prince-charles-receives-his-ma-degree-from-cambridge-les-wilson/oAEaRFMLKZRo2Q?hl=en

Prince Charles went up to Cambridge University in 1967 to read Archaeology and Anthropology. He changed to History for the second part of his degree and was awarded a 2:2 in 1970. The Prince is seen here leaving the Senate House after the presentation ceremony of his Master’s degree.

19 hours ago, Premi5 said:

He only got a 2:2 and possibly changed to an easier course. 

It might not be in an institution's interests to not 'play the game' as they could get threats of losing funding, jobs, etc. In India, you can pay bribes (allegedly)

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=733109

Hi,
I was shocked to learn that Prince Charles only achieved a B and C in his A-levels to get into Trinity College, Cambridge. Apparently it was even recommendation by a Lord that enabled him to secure a place there. i.e a word with the college dean.

https://artsandculture.google.com/asset/hrh-prince-charles-receives-his-ma-degree-from-cambridge-les-wilson/oAEaRFMLKZRo2Q?hl=en

Prince Charles went up to Cambridge University in 1967 to read Archaeology and Anthropology. He changed to History for the second part of his degree and was awarded a 2:2 in 1970. The Prince is seen here leaving the Senate House after the presentation ceremony of his Master’s degree.

That was over 50 years ago. Thankfully this practice has now ended in the UK, you have to have the grades to get into Oxford and Cambridge.

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

Omg this man has done nothing in the past 5 years other than bring misery to sikhs. If people of punjab give even a single vote to this useless pathetic pos then there is no hope for such stupidity.

More than 5 years..

Honestly want to see them get their karma him and badals in this life..

Biggest gaddars in our kaum

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cities/chandigarh-news/channi-sidhu-owe-explanation-to-sikhs-on-tytler-s-appointment-bjp-101635623821272.html

Channi, Sidhu owe explanation to Sikhs on Tytler’s appointment: BJP

The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and the Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) also lodged a strong protest over the issue

BJP national general secretary Tarun Chugh. BJP national general secretary Tarun Chugh.

Updated on Oct 31, 2021 01:27 AM IST

BJP national general secretary Tarun Chugh on Saturday asked Punjab chief minister Charanjit Singh Channi and Congress’ state unit chief Navjot Singh Sidhu to clarify if they have endorsed naming 1984 anti-Sikh riots accused Jagdish Tytler as a permanent invitee to the Delhi Congress’ new executive committee.

The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and the Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) also lodged a strong protest over the issue.

He said Sidhu had himself confessed that he barely escaped the anti-Sikh riots in 1984 and now he feels proud of being a leader of the Congress, Chugh said.

He said all Sikh leaders, including Channi and Sidhu, owe an explanation to the people of Punjab for being part of the Congress, which had brought about heinous cases of murder and killings against the Sikhs in 1984.

It’s like rubbing salt into wounds of Sikhs: SGPC

AMRITSAR: Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) president Bibi Jagir Kaur strongly condemned to the appointment of Tytler, saying it has hurt the sentiments of Sikhs. “Giving political positions time and again to the main accused of killing thousands of innocent Sikhs in November 1984 is direct support to the murderers by the Congress. It’s like rubbing salt into the wounds of Sikhs on the anniversary genocide,” she said.

‘Why didn’t Sidhu object to Tytler’s appointment’

Faridkot: Youth Akali Dal (YAD) president Parambans Singh Romana on Saturday asked state Congress chief Navjot Singh Sidhu why he had not objected to the appointment of 1984 riots accused Tytler’s appointment to the Congress panel. Romana also asked chief minister Charanjit Singh Channi to clarify his stand on the issue.