Why are people more involved with news(bad or good) than spiritual posts

Redoptics

38 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

I have noticed on this forum,  I do not go on others, people more interested in the news rather than spiritual threads.

I thought the whole point of a Sangat was deal and help our spirituality,  but more interested in news thread, there was even a thread about Guru Nanak Ji fist Shabad and you allowed someone to say dogs b....... , 

I think there is a big problem with many apnay hiding behind 'spirituality' but not facing up to what is going on in the world around them. It's miri/piri, not just piri. We need worldly knowledge. I think your attitude is dangerous to the panth, because it's the same puritan streak that has some fools calling CP vulgar, erotic etc. because some of language and contents are for grown ups.  I used that phrase you quote because it has a particular meaning in London that isn't swearing. Look it up. 

And I'm surprised at your sensitivity here, because I swear you were the one who said he had been to a Paul Chowdhry gig? If you want to be all puritan, you shouldn't go out to things like that because he swears a lot.  What happened to your spirituality then? 

Some of us might use other sources for our spiritual development, or maybe they keep that private.  

1 minute ago, Redoptics said:

I dont hide, and prefer us talking about sorting our heads out rather than just fixating on maya.

Yes I watched him and ? 

Well don't call it Sangat call it daily pub talk or Eastenders.

Maybe you need to sort your own head out first then? Did it occur to you that we all might be at different stages? 

Plus some of us might want to know what is going on in the world. It effects us, whether we like it or not.  

I don't want to be a closeted, overly sensitive person. I don't think any Sikh should be, we've had enough of that already. 

2 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Maybe you need to sort your own head out first then? Did it occur to you that we all might be at different stages? 

Plus some of us might want to know what is going on in the world. It effects us, whether we like it or not.  

I don't want to be a closeted, overly sensitive person. I don't think any Sikh should be, we've had enough of that already. 

I'm trying to brother 

Sabh Gobindh Hai, Sabh Gobindh Hai, Gobindh Bin Nehee Koee

23 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

Listen im trying to get away from the tough guy aspect, been there done that,  got the scars , had my wife passed away tragically etc. 

Life keeps throwing stuff at some of us. I'm not going to ever give up on trying to be strong, tough, resilient and stoic (and not just physically but mentally too), maybe that stuff doesn't help you but it most certainly helps me deal with all manner of crap. Otherwise I'd have probably slashed my wrists or overdosed or something like that years ago. I don't want to be any whining victim. 

So whilst it might not be for you, don't knock it because it may well be a saving grace for some others. 

I remember the story of your wife. It's been a while now, try looking for someone else, and let go of the old stuff as much as you (or anyone can).  You're still young, get into another relationship but don't carry the hurt of the past into it (easier said than done I know). This world goes on, despite our hurt and pain. That's the bitter truth.

And some tough talk: I think it was a b1tch move from you to pick up on and make an issue of a little use of slang by myself.   

1 minute ago, dallysingh101 said:

Life keeps throwing stuff at some of us. I'm not going to ever give up on trying to be strong, tough, resilient and stoic (and not just physically but mentally too), maybe that stuff doesn't help you but it most certainly helps me deal with all manner of crap. Otherwise I'd have probably slashed my wrists or overdosed or something like that years ago. I don't want to be any whining victim. 

So whilst it might not be for you, don't knock it because it may well be a saving grace for some others. 

I remember the story of your wife. It's been a while now, try looking for someone else, and let go of the old stuff as much as you (or anyone can).  You're still young, get into another relationship but don't carry the hurt of the past into it (easier said than done I know). This world goes on, despite our hurt and pain. That's the bitter truth.

And some tough talk: I think it was a b1tch move from you to pick up and make an issue of a little use of slang by myself.   

Hmmm why move on when mentally and spirituality you have not? Just put pressure and take your anxiety out on someone else, for nothing? Does not make sense to me.

And life does not just go on unless you deal with your internal turmoil. 

Use it how much you want, just be cautious,  where and when.

8 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

And life does not just go on unless you deal with your internal turmoil. 

I didn't say life goes on, I said the world goes on.

You know, maybe the truth is that we don't fully heal from deep wounds of the past. Maybe just getting to a point where we aren't frozen by them is enough, and enough to aim for.