Some guidance pls

Guest Singh888

Guest Singh888

WJKK WJKF

so while studying at university I had become such a disgusting person, doing what most boys do, when they are surrounded by the wrong people. NO excuse I did all these things and they still go on around in my mind but with Maharaj Kirpa I have learnt that this world won’t bring me the bliss I am after if I forget waheguru, so since been  home for over 1.5 years.. I have taking my medicine … doing more naam Simran and  trying to get closer to waheguru .. I haven’t drank alcohol or done drugs in over a year, started growing my Kesh and become better at controlling the 5 vices, I am still nothing however. During my time at university I decided to get a tattoo that is a interpretation of gurbani . It reading in English as “from her were born the kings “.. it is quite small and I have now understand that I have done some beadbi by getting gurbani tattoo on myself. I got it when my grandmother passed away but I realise now I only got this tattoo to fuel my ego . I understand that only Maharaj can forgive me.. but if I ever get blessed to take Amrit and i am thinking of getting the tattoo covered or removed before I do this. Any thoughts on if I should get it removed or covered ? 

please forgive me for any mistakes I have made

On 9/20/2021 at 10:45 AM, Guest Singh888 said:

WJKK WJKF

so while studying at university I had become such a disgusting person, doing what most boys do, when they are surrounded by the wrong people. NO excuse I did all these things and they still go on around in my mind but with Maharaj Kirpa I have learnt that this world won’t bring me the bliss I am after if I forget waheguru, so since been  home for over 1.5 years.. I have taking my medicine … doing more naam Simran and  trying to get closer to waheguru .. I haven’t drank alcohol or done drugs in over a year, started growing my Kesh and become better at controlling the 5 vices, I am still nothing however. During my time at university I decided to get a tattoo that is a interpretation of gurbani . It reading in English as “from her were born the kings “.. it is quite small and I have now understand that I have done some beadbi by getting gurbani tattoo on myself. I got it when my grandmother passed away but I realise now I only got this tattoo to fuel my ego . I understand that only Maharaj can forgive me.. but if I ever get blessed to take Amrit and i am thinking of getting the tattoo covered or removed before I do this. Any thoughts on if I should get it removed or covered ? 

Not a fan of tattoos personally, but if it's not offensive, then no rush to remove it I guess

I have similar dilemma and its always back of my mind feel conflicted, will Guru Ji forgive me, how do i know and so forth..Sometimes i think i don't feel good enough to be Sikhi all these internal battles. I asked a GurSikh and they told me the above. Keep doing naam simran and ask Guru Ji to keep protected from the 5 vices and on right path Guru Ji will. 

How do you know if you forgiven? If you have changed for the better and moving forward becoming better than Guru Ji is  forgiving you and you wont make same mistakes again. This is what they told me

Hope it helps. ?

10 hours ago, Kau89r8 said:

I have similar dilemma and its always back of my mind feel conflicted, will Guru Ji forgive me, how do i know and so forth..Sometimes i think i don't feel good enough to be Sikhi all these internal battles. I asked a GurSikh and they told me the above. Keep doing naam simran and ask Guru Ji to keep protected from the 5 vices and on right path Guru Ji will. 

How do you know if you forgiven? If you have changed for the better and moving forward becoming better than Guru Ji is  forgiving you and you wont make same mistakes again. This is what they told me

Hope it helps. ?

We all want to be Puran for The Guru, but only the Guru is perfect. It's up to us to Jaap Naam and keep Rehit. It's our devotion not perfection in question, for we never were and never will be Puran like Nehkalank. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest No Stress
On 9/20/2021 at 10:45 AM, Guest Singh888 said:

WJKK WJKF

I already replied to this weeks ago, not sure why it wasnt posted on here. Theres nothing wrong with a tattoo, you were expressing your love for Gurbani/ the Guru (gyan is the guru and guru is the gyan, hence you tattooed a part of the Gurus on you, wheres the bad in that?). Walking in the light is wise, very easy to fall down the deep well of desire at uni and find yourself in a hold that takes you years to dig yourself out of. 

Try going to the Gurdwarra once a week (Go Meet the Guru, Guru Nanak Ji sits behind Guru Granth Sahib Ji in every single Gurudwarra as He does in the huge Gurudwarra in Sachkandh/ Heaven, go see Him). And focus on your studies, work is seva, studying gets you a highly paid seva, you can live well whilst contributing to the world, making the most of your opportunity that Gods given you. Don't worry about external appearance, focus on the inner. Unfortunately alot of Sikh become consumed by the external when that was never the aim, the external amrtishak symbols are reflective of the inner state/ purity. Be pure and see God as everyone, everything everywhere.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest practice preach
On 9/23/2021 at 2:38 AM, GurjantGnostic said:

Haumai is the one who wants to be perfect. Kill the blighter, be a wretch, discipline and enslave yourself to Guru Gobind Singh Maharaja. 

I've read some of your previous posts, I think it's high time you stop pretending and actually practice what you teach.