Becoming a Granthi

Premi5

Agreed but we're stuck in moh maya for career choice.

Ideally, Granthi can be part time job so cover evenings and weekends and day job the usual high paid job. 

Besides Sikhs family have marriage to consider. Handing over Amritdhari girl's hand to a Granthi is a big fat no no. YES I always state this on here, have stated it numerous times but wha is true is true. 

41 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

No one would willingly give their daughter to a guy that doesn't have money.

That shows there is a problem if we are not giving a good wage to Granthis and they are considered undesirable marriage match. 

In England, Vicars get an okay wage but also lots of financial support like free housing for them and their family. 

On 10/31/2021 at 10:43 AM, Premi5 said:

What ? Why not ?!

Amritdhari girls go for someone with a degree. A degree means man getting a well paid job. If Granthis manage to earn about £1800 a month (pre tax) then it's a possibility? But another thing is prestige in society. But like I said, a Sikh with a degree, well paid job and part time Granthi (evenings n weekend) does mean double the wages! 

9 minutes ago, Singh1989 said:

Amritdhari girls go for someone with a degree. A degree means man getting a well paid job. If Granthis manage to earn about £1800 a month (pre tax) then it's a possibility? But another thing is prestige in society. But like I said, a Sikh with a degree, well paid job and part time Granthi (evenings n weekend) does mean double the wages! 

I thought Amritdhari girls had less choice on partners than non-Amritdharis

2 hours ago, Premi5 said:

I thought Amritdhari girls had less choice on partners than non-Amritdharis

Girls whether they are Amritdhari or not in general have the same things they are looking for, better not to be foolish about it. There might be more of looking for religious values, but other than that, the basics are still important.

On 10/31/2021 at 3:17 PM, Jacfsing2 said:

No one would willingly give their daughter to a guy that doesn't have money.

Lol there is that. This includes people on minimum wage doing hard labour. We're the types of people looked down upon, when considering marriage.