Future of india

proudkaur21

6 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

Punjab needs to industrialise as soon as possible. It cannot rely on just farming.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I remember hearing somewhere that there were proposals about industries in Punjab several times, but the Indian government rejected them.

1 hour ago, Kaurr said:

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I remember hearing somewhere that there were proposals about industries in Punjab several times, but the Indian government rejected them.

Our own lot have screwed them up majorly as well. Apparently some well established European car manufacturer wanted to open a plant in India. They came to one place down south, and to Panjab. The southerners sent suited and booted fellows, and apnay sent the 'kurtay pajamay wallay' (I presume these to be some SGPC functionaries). You can guess who got the contract........

4 hours ago, Kaurr said:

Yeah but who's sending those kurtay pajamay wallay. Punjab government and Indian government hate us. Punjab has potential, but it's not being used. 

I have plenty of family in Punjab that are jatts and well educated, they're just not getting the jobs. My cousin and her dalit friend applied for a job and they had to do this test thingy, my cousin got a score wayy higher than her friend but her dalit friend got the job because she was a lower caste. Both my parents who are jatts spent years working hard getting their degrees but they couldn't find a well paying job. Same with some other family. Yeah you have some idiots (like some of my second cousins) that are obsessed with bhangra and that sh1t but that's because they're jobless. For me, recently it's always been that we've lacked in good leadership recently.

Look, if a 'dominant' group, with the largest vote bank can't place some decent leaders in position, who else can? Then those people that are on the throne i.e. Badal and co., who's voted them in again and again and again and again? It says a lot that this is the best we can muster......

And I don't believe these stories about 'well educated juts' not getting jobs because of 'low castes'. Sounds exactly like the crap l heard from whites in the UK decades ago.

"Oh, my daughter can't get a job as a journalist in the BBC because she isn't ethnic!! They're giving all the jobs to ethnic people! Wah! Wah! Wah!"

Then you find out that the BBC (and pretty much all other media outlets where majorly white dominated and still are.....    

I think a big part of the problem is some sense of unearned privilege and expectancy based on deeply entrenched caste identity (in a very similar way race or colour plays out in say the UK). I've NEVER heard any of my family whining like this back home. They just get on with it. And you can tell that they are genuinely talented, because a few of them get whipped up by foreign, prestigious universities/companies very quickly.  

Although I full on acknowledge the antipathy towards Sikhs from the Indian establishment, you seem to exclude the possibility that dumb political/economic decisions can come from our own? They seem to have been doing dumb shyte for a long while now (since the annexation). They have become so detached from the wider world out there, that they think it's not a biggy to send kurtay pajama wallay to business meetings with europeans.  

Yes Panjab has a lot of potential, but there is no regional aspiration or pride beyond caste level. The people lack imagination, and are prone to corruption and fissures. This doesn't bode well. It's a shame that Sikhi hasn't managed to unite everyone yet. 

I think in future conflict is pretty much inevitable in India, not only from internal fissures, but also as the result of external players like China and Pakistan. Might be new borders coming in? But as Sikhs, we need to be REAL careful about being on the receiving end of genocidal attacks right now.

And the natural threat from climate change to all farming economies (globally) is a big thing. The umpteen Agricultural Universities back home seem asleep on this too?

20 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

And I don't believe these stories about 'well educated juts' not getting jobs because of 'low castes'. Sounds exactly like the crap l heard from whites in the UK decades ago.

"Oh, my daughter can't get a job as a journalist in the BBC because she isn't ethnic!! They're giving all the jobs to ethnic people! Wah! Wah! Wah!"

Then you find out that the BBC (and pretty much all other media outlets where majorly white dominated.....    

I think a big part of the problem is some sense of unearned privilege and expectancy based on deeply entrenched caste identity (in a very similar way race or colour plays out in say the UK). I've NEVER heard any of my family whining like this back home. They just get on with it. And you can tell that they are genuinely talented, because a few of them get whipped up by foreign, prestigious universities/companies very quickly.  

I agree a lot of 'jats' probably are complacent/lazy and have entitled attitude that expects jobs etc given to them. 

BUT, you are wrong  at least to some extent; they seriously have less chance of getting some jobs and degree places because of the 'Reservation' system in India - jats have even campaigned to be given this status to improve their prospects!  51% of jobs are reserved which excludes jatts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reservation_in_India

States[edit]

In central-government funded higher education institutions, 22.5% of available seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST) students (7.5% for STs, 15% for SCs,20% for ESC,12% for SCA,16% for SCB,22% for SCC,18% for SCD).[24] This reservation percentage has been raised to 49.5%[24] by including an additional 27% reservation for OBCs. This ratio is followed even in Parliament and all elections where a few constituencies are earmarked for those from certain communities (which will next rotate in 2026 per the Delimitation Commission).

Percentages of reservation for each state
State/UT SC ST OBC EWS and
Other reserved
Total
Andhra Pradesh 15 6 29 10 60
A&N Islands   12 38   50
Arunachal Pradesh   80     80
Assam 7 15 27 10 59
Bihar 15 1 34 10 60
Chandigarh     27   27
Chhattisgarh 13 32 14 10 69
D&D&D&NH 3 9 27   39
Delhi 15 7 27 10 60
Goa 2 12 27 10 51
Gujarat 7 14 27 10 59
Haryana 20   23 10 53
Himachal Pradesh 25 4 20 10 59
Jharkhand 10 26 14 10 60
Karnataka 15 3 32 10 60
Kerala 8 2 40 10 60
Lakshadweep   100     100
Madhya Pradesh 16 20 14 10 60
Maharashtra 13 7 32 10 62
Manipur 3 34 17   54
Meghalaya   80     80
Mizoram   80     80
Nagaland   80     80
Odisha 16 22 11 10 59
Puducherry 16   34   50
Punjab 29   12 10 51
Rajasthan 16 12 21 10 59
Sikkim 5 21 24 10 60
Tamil Nadu 18 1 50   69
Telangana[25] 15 6 29 10 60
Tripura 17 31 2 10 60
Uttar Pradesh 21 2 27 10 60
Uttarakhand 18 3 13 10 44
West Bengal 22 6 17 10 55

The exact percentages vary from state to state:

• In Tamil Nadu, OBC reservation is divided into 26.5% Backward Caste, 3.5 Backward Caste (M) and 20% Most Backward Caste and 10.5% sub quota for vanniyars, introduced by AIADMK in 2020,7% for DNT . SC quota has 3% sub-quota for Arunthatiyars, introduced by DMK in 2009.[26]
  • In Maharashtra in addition to the reservation for SC/ST/OBC, there is 2% for SBCs, 3% for Nomadic Tribes – NT-A (Vimukta jati), 2.5% for NT-B, 3.5% for NT-C (Dhangar), and 2% for NT-D (Vanjari).
  • In Northeast India, e.g. in Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Nagaland and Mizoram, reservation for ST in State Govt. jobs is 80% with only 20% unreserved. In the Central Universities of NEHU (Shillong) and Rajiv Gandhi University, 60% of seats are reserved for ST students.
  • In West Bengal, the OBC community is divided into OBC A & B.[27] In West Bengal there is no reservation on religious basis but some economically and educationally backward Muslim castes (basis surnames pertaining to different profession e.g. cobbler, weaver etc.) have been included along with their Hindu counterparts in the OBC list namely OBC A and OBC B, in both lists caste from both communities are there. But in higher educational institutes, till now there is no reservation for the OBC community but there is reservation in regard to admission in primary, secondary and higher secondary studies.[28][27]

3 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

BUT, you are wrong  at least to some extent; they seriously have less chance of getting some jobs and degree places because of the 'Reservation' system in India - jats have even campaigned to be given this status to improve their prospects!  51% of jobs are reserved which excludes jatts

A lot of states have put juts in OBC status. Even then, I don't think that will solve the problem. There are only so many government jobs available. What we really need is a change in attitude towards commerce and business in Panjab. We need people to create big, powerful private companies that offer mass employment. The tendency to corrupt everything doesn't help. 

4 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

A lot of states have put juts in OBC status. Even then, I don't think that will solve the problem. There are only so many government jobs available. What we really need is a change in attitude towards commerce and business in Panjab. We need people to create big, powerful private companies that offer mass employment. The tendency to corrupt everything doesn't help. 

Punjabis are naturally well built/strong, so I am thinking factories for cars etc.

South India is full of IT/Computing and call centres, a lot to do with their higher education and English language skills. 

What type of companies are you thinking of?

1 minute ago, Premi5 said:

Punjabis are naturally well built/strong, so I am thinking factories for cars etc.

South India is full of IT/Computing and call centres, a lot to do with their higher education and English language skills. 

What type of companies are you thinking of?

There shouldn't be any limitations! Factories like you mention (like already in Ludhiana). But also, we shouldn't exclude the possibility of tech centres. Construction. Why can't we manufacture mobile phones there? Doesn't Tata have a plant there?