Buying house issues, so asked Guruji for advice

Guest Advice

20 hours ago, S1ngh said:

I started a company with my partners which was guaranteed to be successful as we had a great connection and was mostly a fail-proof concept.

Bhai ji I don't think there is anything like a 'fail proof concept' in business. Random stuff (like say Covid for example) can take some businesses out suddenly, and conversely they can be a life saver to others (i.e. PPE manufacturers, online suppliers who get stuff to you in lock downs being in extra demand). 

The best way to survive I guess is to have diverse income streams so if one dries up, the others still bring in the bacon.

The business environment can be very fluid, and sometimes even a little thing can cause a massive difference.  Example: One cafe I know was doing okay, but then they hired this really pretty, friendly women as a waitress. Business shot up big time because of her for a year or two. Then she had kids and moved away, the business decreased. lol 

On 10/19/2021 at 9:42 AM, Guest Advice said:

WJKK WJKF

I am looking to buy a house and basically there is an issue with the house itself, so it might be a risk. I did a Hukam to ask Guruji what i should do and the below Hukam was blessed. Sorry I couldn't embed the Gurmukhi. 

Could someone please tell me what Guruji is advising me to do.

http://sttm.co/s/1743/21251

sloku  mÚ  1  ] 
salok mahalaa pehilaa ||Shalok, First Mehla:
 jy  kir  sUqku  mMnIAY  sB  qY  sUqku  hoie  ] 
je kar sootak ma(n)neeaai sabh tai sootak hoi ||If one accepts the concept of impurity, then there is impurity everywhere.
 gohy  AqY  lkVI  AMdir  kIVw  hoie  ] 
gohe atai lakaRee a(n)dhar keeRaa hoi ||In cow-dung and wood there are worms.
 jyqy  dwxy  AMn  ky  jIAw  bwJu  n  koie  ] 
jete dhaane a(n)n ke jeeaa baajh na koi ||As many as are the grains of corn, none is without life.
 pihlw  pwxI  jIau  hY  ijqu  hirAw  sBu  koie  ] 
pahilaa paanee jeeau hai jit hariaa sabh koi ||First, there is life in the water, by which everything else is made green.
 sUqku  ikau  kir  rKIAY  sUqku  pvY  rsoie  ] 
sootak kiau kar rakheeaai sootak pavai rasoi ||How can it be protected from impurity? It touches our own kitchen.
 nwnk  sUqku  eyv  n  auqrY  igAwnu  auqwry  Doie  ]1] 
naanak sootak ev na utarai giaan utaare dhoi ||1||O Nanak, impurity cannot be removed in this way; it is washed away only by spiritual wisdom. ||1||

You've had it checked for mold and termites lol?

I believe we all interpret Hukamnama differently. "Impure" what is wrong with the house? Damp? Interior decoration not up to scratch? If I sold my house it's unlikely potential buyers will do "Jai jai" all the way through. But one person will buy it sooner or later. 

"If there is water, there is life." This new buyer see's the house, see's potential and will make the bad good. Just like making the impure, pure. 

On 10/20/2021 at 9:18 AM, Guest Guest Advice said:

WJKK WJKF

thanks for the advice. The house is on a private/ un adopted road, so solicitors said that there no management, could cause issues later on if issues with the road etc.

Its all new build houses, there are other people living there so should be alirght however im not sure if i should go for it seeing as there might be issues with it later on with the road so im unsure. 

Local authorities aren't eager to adopt private roads anymore, so all the residents will be liable for any costs in maintaining the road. New builds aren't really a great buy as they are overpriced and many companies are just cutting corners with shoddy workmanship. Personally I would never buy a new build. It is better to buy an older property after getting a full survey done and if there are issues highlighted in the survey such as leaky roof etc, you can negotiate a reduction with the seller. The older properties have been around for over 100 years while I bet some of the new builds will not last 50 years before they need major repairs and or/ demolition. 

Although if the house is an investment and you have worked out all your numbers and want to sell after a few years or rent it out then I suppose this could be a good deal. As they say, make sure you do your due diligence. 

On 10/19/2021 at 6:04 PM, S1ngh said:

Of course brother. I am talking about what the hukamnama message after reading it from the link. 

I started a company with my partners which was guaranteed to be successful as we had a great connection and was mostly a fail-proof concept. Hukamnama was not kinda in favor of it but we still opened it. We closed it last month after 3 years because none of our partners had a time to manage it and employees to run it. One of the partner's background is in business operations.  Anyway, some will believe it or not but i see it as a decision maker to any of future work where we are undecided.  

Question now is: Do all of us agree on the concept of taking hukamnama prior to doing any major life decision? 

As Jaitegang said, 

If the Hukamnama is saying "No" then it's a no, don't second guess... Which may contradict my previous post (sort of). 

How about buying house then do Sukhmani Sahib d paat in the house? Ardaas for a prosperous and peaceful life in house?