Bill Gates daughter and finance secretly married in a Muslim ceremony

Kau89r8

Bill Gates’ daughter and fiancé Nayel Nassar secretly married in a Muslim ceremony

As per media reports, the wedding was likely to cost the Gates family "at least" $2 million.

By IANS|   Posted by Minhaj Adnan  |   Updated: 17th October 2021 6:16 pm IST

Bill Gates daughter Jennifer marries Nayel Nassar

New York: Mega-billionaire Bill Gates and his ex-wife Melinda Gates walked their oldest daughter Jennifer Gates down the aisle ahead of her nuptials with fellow equestrian Nayel Nassar.

The non-public Muslim ceremony was held on Friday night time in the backyard of the household’s 142-acre property in North Salem, New York the place a bigger civil ceremony with 300 company is scheduled for Saturday afternoon. 

According to Fox Business, Jennifer was also photographed posing with bridesmaids in her wedding gown on Saturday.

MS Education Academy

The Microsoft co-founder is said to have purchased the $15.82 million estate for Jennifer in 2018 shortly after she graduated from Stanford University.

The luxurious, star-studded event took weeks of planning. Photos that surfaced earlier this week showed the expansive property being transformed into an opulent wedding venue, complete with a stage, elaborate pavilions, floor-to-ceiling windows, hardwood floors and a stage.

In addition to 25-year-old Jennifer’s parents — Bill and Melinda Gates — attendees included brother Rory and sister Phoebe.

Also in attendance was Bill Gates’ stepmother, Mimi Gardner Gates, a 79-year-old respected art historian.

The nuptials came just months after Bill and Melinda announced they were splitting after 27 years of marriage. Their divorce was finalised in early August.

As per media reports, the wedding was likely to cost the Gates family “at least” $2 million.

Bill Gates' daughter Jennifer marries Egyptian fiance Nayel Nassar in New York

The couple exchanged vows in a small Muslim ceremony ahead of the $2 million celebration on Saturday

ZXLG4MFUGNBL3LWAFNWBFZN5G4.jpg

Jennifer Gates and show jumper Nayel Nassar married in a $2 million ceremony in New York at the weekend

12f775da-e760-44f0-9421-603001dd6073.png

Oct 18, 2021

Jennifer Gates, daughter of Microsoft founder Bill Gates, married her Egyptian-American equestrian fiance Nayel Nassar in a $2 million Muslim ceremony in New York at the weekend.

The medical student, 25, wed Nassar at her 50-hectare horse farm in North Salem on Saturday, a day after they reportedly exchanged vows in a smaller Muslim ceremony.

For the ceremony, Gates wore a long-sleeved lace gown which was custom-made by Vera Wang Haute. She wore her hair loose with a long veil and carried a white bouquet.

"From our first meeting, I knew that I was in such good hands," Gates told Vogue of Wang.

She changed into a second dress for the reception, also designed by Wang. The dress featured a square neckline, lined with nude tulle and embellished with hand applique French macrame lace.

Nassar wore a simple three-piece tux, with white flowers to match Gates' bouquet pinned to his lapel.

In the days leading up to the wedding, tents were seen erected at the farm, and huge displays of hydrangeas and other plants were spotted being brought into the venue, as well as a two-tiered cake from French patisserie shop Laduree, the Daily Mail reports.

Coldplay and folk musician Harry Hudson are reported to have played for guests at the wedding reception.

"Planning a wedding while I was in medical school rotations and Nayel was preparing for the Olympics was no small feat,” Gates said in an interview with Vogue. "But it was so worth it to share such a special day with those closest to us. We feel so grateful for everyone involved who kept us on track and helped make our vision come to life. One piece of advice we were given [throughout the planning process] was to remember that this day is about us and our love. I think we really kept that at the centre of our minds while planning, and we also tried to ensure that our families and friends were able to enjoy themselves.”

In September, the eldest daughter of Bill Gates and his former wife Melinda shared snapshots from her bridal shower, thanking her mother for organising the event.

"Thank you for this incredibly special celebration, Melinda French Gates," wrote Jennifer.

"So deeply grateful for all the amazing women in my life who advise, support and uplift me. Cheers to this new chapter!"

In the accompanying images, Jennifer and Melinda are seen mingling with guests on a lawn, as well as sitting down to eat at a long outdoor dinner table. The colour scheme for the shower revolved around a dusky pink, with pink velvet chairs used for dinner and floral arrangements featuring roses and pastel pampas grass.

Jennifer and Nassar, 30, who represented Egypt at the Tokyo Olympic Games earlier this year, announced their engagement in January 2020. The couple have been together since 2018, and got engaged during a skiing holiday.

"Nayel Nassar, you are one of a kind. Absolutely swept me off my feet this past weekend, surprising me in the most meaningful location over one of our many shared passions," Jennifer wrote on Instagram at the time. "I can’t wait to spend the rest of our lives learning, growing, laughing and loving together. Yes a million times over."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nayel_Nassar

Nassar was born in Chicago and grew up in Kuwait, before moving back to California in 2009. He was born to Fouad Nassar and Iman Harby, owners of Kuwaiti architectural firm Diwan Interiors International,[6] which has worked with companies such as Citigroup Kuwait, JW Marriott and Mercedes Benz.[6]

He first began riding at the age of five and jumping at ten. Nassar has published that, on his Instagram page, many times, he is always proud to say that he's been an equestrian since day one.[3]

Nassar is a graduate of Stanford University. He earned his bachelor's degree in economics from Stanford in 2013.[2]

On 29 January 2020, Nassar and Jennifer Gates, daughter of Bill and Melinda Gates, announced their engagement.[7] They married on 16 October 2021 in Westchester County, New York.[8]