Alleged Hate/Racist ACT BY WEST MIDLANDS POLICE OFFICER

Premi5

13 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Crazy as it may sound, but that recent Saudi takeover of Newcastle United has crystallised this notion for me. I knew the vast majority of modern goreh were mercenaries to a certain degree, available to the highest bidder, but some of them have their priorities completely askew. I'm guessing some of that, "You only live once," ethos has a part to play in their mentality. That's not to excuse the hypocricy of those other people getting upset over Geordies getting over-excited about their football club while the government buys oil off the same people AND sells them weapons. Everyone's poo stinks in this particular scenario.

There's very little morals in high end politics it seems. And I agree about "hypocricy of those other people getting upset over Geordies getting over-excited about their football club" - the more upper class people in UK try and put down the lower class people whilst they do the same or worse. 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/west-midlands-police-say-head-22002182

"We can confirm that a man in custody was asked to remove his patka to be searched.

"It was removed by an officer in a private room to search for anything that could be harmful to the man or our custody officers.

Why would someone wear something /have something in their head that could be harmful to them?

Could they not have done a 'pat down' with gloves ? Anything of metal would be detected on scanning

2 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

The kick in the teeth comes after we've passed so-called judgement on whites for their apparent unethical and limitless greed, only to turn your attention back to people from our cultural background, and you realise we're just as bad, and in some cases, even worse than them. 

Whites can be excused (if we're being generous) somewhat if we look at how they've replaced the high-minded spirituality they derived from a philosophical and culturally impactful Christianity, by completely capitulating to post-modern materialism and consumerism. They have no longer possess a root stability which they can use to anchor themselves and rein in some of their excessive tendencies.  We can point to this phenomenon as justification for their desire to accumulate.

What's our excuse? Our elders (people in their 50s, 60s onwards) put up a pretence of religious sobriety and adherence, but they're some of the most materialistically obsessed people on the planet. Our religious ethos that specifically undermines and de-prioritises much of the innate Punjabi yearnings for "things" seems to be a very fluid (I'm being kind) concept that can be bent and shaped according to the personal motivations and beliefs of the individual.

51 minutes ago, Whatdoiknow said:

very based perspective. thank you for calling it out for what it is.  this is how you address the root causes because the hypocrisy behind holding the 'spiritual values', but not embodying them in action never ceases to amaze me

I think type of behaviour seems common in people who have come from societies where there are big inequalities. South Asians and Africans in the UK love to show off their wealth. But many of them are second or third generations. 

It must have been a big thing for our parents' generations growing up in India, that everyone aspired to big houses and big cars etc, LOL.

Maybe the situation will normalise in one or two generations. 

https://planetradio.co.uk/free/local/news/inquest-to-examine-fatal-shooting-of-man-by-west-midlands-police/

Inquest to examine fatal shooting of man by West Midlands Police

An inquest into the death of Trevor Alton Smith will open today

Trevor Alton SmithJustGiving
Trevor Alton Smith
Author: Polly BayfieldPublished 1 hour ago

An inquest into the death of a black man who was shot by West Midlands Police will open today.

Trevor Alton Smith died in his bedroom in Lee Bank, Birmingham, shortly after 5am on 15th March 2019 during an intelligence-led operation by West Midlands Police Firearms Unit.

The 52 year old had been under the care of Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health Trust services after experiencing depression following the sudden death of his dad, two years before his own.

The inquest into his death will examine the circumstances and actions of officers involved and is due to last 3-4 weeks.

The majority of police officers have been granted anonymity at the hearing, and their evidence will be heard from behind a screen, including 'Officer N' who discharged the fatal shot.

Ahead of the hearing, Trevor’s family said: “We turn to the inquest to provide answers as to what happened that morning resulting in Trevor’s death. It must ask serious questions about how the police engage with people with mental ill health.”

5 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

The kick in the teeth comes after we've passed so-called judgement on whites for their apparent unethical and limitless greed, only to turn your attention back to people from our cultural background, and you realise we're just as bad, and in some cases, even worse than them. 

Whites can be excused (if we're being generous) somewhat if we look at how they've replaced the high-minded spirituality they derived from a philosophical and culturally impactful Christianity, by completely capitulating to post-modern materialism and consumerism. They have no longer possess a root stability which they can use to anchor themselves and rein in some of their excessive tendencies.  We can point to this phenomenon as justification for their desire to accumulate.

I think they (whites) were just as unethical and greedy when they were hiding behind their christian façade. I mean come on, slave traders, the spanish conquistadors and even the brit empire underlined their 'adventure' along religious lines that would have made Jesus vomit and weep. So no, I don't think they were ever reigning themselves in. In the past they just excused their excesses on perceived inferior races as: 'divine providence'. 

If anything, in this modern day and age, they've just twisted Darwinian 'survival of the fittest' theory to justify their excesses. 

What's our excuse? Our elders (people in their 50s, 60s onwards) put up a pretence of religious sobriety and adherence, but they're some of the most materialistically obsessed people on the planet. Our religious ethos that specifically undermines and de-prioritises much of the innate Punjabi yearnings for "things" seems to be a very fluid (I'm being kind) concept that can be bent and shaped according to the personal motivations and beliefs of the individual.

What you said about our lot being shallow and materialistic rings true. Possibly they haven't gone as far as whitey because they don't have the organisational skills and intelligence to do it to grand scales? I notice this materialism is often transferred across generations. I notice how the children of self-made successful apnay feel an inordinate pressure to keep up appearances at all costs. Very often they have very dodgy ethical/moral 'beliefs' and seem to fear a fall in status more than anything else. This makes them do unethical things to keep up the show.

It's the same with caste, what excuse do apnay have for it? At least Hindus can say it's actually part of their 'dharam'. 

3 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think they (whites) were just as unethical and greedy when they were hiding behind their christian façade. I mean come on, slave traders, the spanish conquistadors and even the brit empire underlined their 'adventure' along religious lines that would have made Jesus vomit and weep. So no, I don't think they were ever reigning themselves in. In the past they just excused their excesses on perceived inferior races as: 'divine providence'. 

If anything, in this modern day and age, they've just twisted Darwinian 'survival of the fittest' theory to justify their excesses. 

What you said about our lot being shallow and materialistic rings true. Possibly they haven't gone as far as whitey because they don't have the organisational skills and intelligence to do it to grand scales? I notice this materialism is often transferred acrossgenerations. I notice how the children of self-made successful apnay feel an inordinate pressure to keep up appearances at all costs. Very often they have very dodgy ethical/moral 'beliefs' and seem to fear a fall in status more than anything else. This makes them do unethical things to keep up the show.

It's the same with caste, what excuse do apnay have for it? At least Hindus can say it's actually part of their 'dharam'. 

Religion has been used as an excuse by Islamists and Christians to conquer, rule and subjugate. I think it still is in the Middle East and Afghanistan as more obvious examples. 

Organisation , maybe. But Intelligence - not sure about that, if anything most non-white populations in their native lands acquire a sense of cunning and streetwiseness that more 'advanced' societies lack even if better educated. 

I think a greater religiosity/spirituality in general, probably counters the materialistic desires to some extent. Church-going Christian types that I've seen in the UK seem less materialistic than the agnostic/atheists. 

Getting back to topic, old, but relevant. Crying 'racism' anytime you are criticised...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/jun/10/race.topstories3

Secret report brands Muslim police corrupt

Fury over internal Met study which says Asians need special training
A secret high-level Metropolitan police report has concluded that Muslim officers are more likely to become corrupt than white officers because of their cultural and family backgrounds.

The document, which has been seen by the Guardian, has caused outrage among ethnic minorities within the force, who have labelled it racist and proof that there is a gulf in understanding between the police force and the wider Muslim community. The document was written as an attempt to investigate why complaints of misconduct and corruption against Asian officers are 10 times higher than against their white colleagues.

The main conclusions of the study, commissioned by the Directorate of Professional Standards and written by an Asian detective chief inspector, stated: "Asian officers and in particular Pakistani Muslim officers are under greater pressure from the family, the extended family ... and their community against that of their white colleagues to engage in activity that might lead to misconduct or criminality."

It recommended that Asian officers needed special anti-corruption training and is now being considered by a working party of senior staff.

The report argued that British Pakistanis live in a cash culture in which "assisting your extended family is considered a duty" and in an environment in which large amounts of money are loaned between relatives and friends.

The leaking of the report comes at a time when the Met needs the cooperation and trust of the Muslim community more than ever and as the force tries to contain the fallout from last week's anti-terrorist raid in Forest Gate in which a man was shot. The first version was considered so inflammatory when it was shown to representatives from the staff associations for black, Hindu, Sikh and Muslim officers, that it had to be toned down. There are 31,000 officers in the Met - 7%, or 2,170, are black and minority ethnic; among these an estimated 300 are Muslim.

One Muslim officer with the Met said: "It is like saying black officers are more likely to be muggers. Today it is Muslim officers who are treated as the Uncle Toms. How can they say to the Muslim community 'trust us', when they don't even trust their own Muslim officers."

Ahmanrahman Jafar, vice-chairman of the legal affairs committee of the Muslim Council of Britain, said it was shortsighted of the Met to be alienating its Muslim officers at such a sensitive time.

"We've got about 1,000 wrongful anti-terrorist arrests since 9/11 and I believe that if Muslim officers were involved in looking through that intelligence and understanding the context, we would have far greater efficiency in the police force and a far greater prosecution rate," he said. To support its conclusions, the report gives examples of cases in which Pakistani Muslim officers have been accused of corruption and misconduct. According to its critics, the report gives insufficient weight to the motivation of those who made the complaints or issues of institutional racism.

Superintendent Dal Babu, chairman of the Association of Muslim Officers, said the report had racist undertones. "We are gravely concerned about its contents and the message it sends to recruits and potential recruits," he said.

George Rhoden, chair of the Metropolitan Black Police Association added. "We have made it clear that we disagreed totally with the conclusions ... the whole thing needs to be researched in a much more comprehensive way."

• The title was changed to Alleged Hate/Racist ACT BY WEST MIDLANDS POLICE OFFICER