Alleged Hate/Racist ACT BY WEST MIDLANDS POLICE OFFICER

Premi5

32 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think the community started absorbing western ideas like you mention well before recent immigration waves, I think the process started shortly after Panjab was 'annexed'.  That whole movement to show the colonists that we were 'just like them' kicked that off.  

Fealty to the white ruling apparatus of colonial times in the hope of securing advantages for material enrichment and maybe eventual social ascension, I agree, but that never extended to the erosion of day-to-day cultural practices as they related to the expected norms of social conduct, the raising of children, and the imparting of values.  Those really only started to erode with exposure to a post-WW2 West. I'm not suggesting it was a tightly buttoned down patriarchal utopia back in the day, but in most native Punjabi communities back home the price for defying the pind's social contract was severe. 

43 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10166035/Marvels-Eternals-banned-Saudi-Arabia-features-gay-couple.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ico=taboola_feed_article_desktop_tvshowbiz

Marvel's new Eternals film is banned in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Qatar 'because it features a gay couple'

• Marvel's Eternals was due to hit cinemas across the Middle East on November 11 
  • But it will not be released in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait or Qatar, according to reports 
  • Censors allegedly demanded the movie's gay couple - super-hero Phastos and husband Ben, played by Bryan Tyree Henry and Haaz Sleiman - be removed
  • Disney was unwilling to agree so the movie was quietly binned, it is claimed

Thinking of dropping off a kilo or two of jalebiya at the local mosque as a "well done for still having some balls" gesture. ??

Looks like they are admitting guilt, this needs a full investigation without just accepting this apology 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-59154164

Police apology amid claim Sikh headwear was forcibly removed

Published
22 hours ago
ProtestIMAGE SOURCE,SIKH PRESS ASSOCIATION
Image caption,
Protesters gathered outside Perry Barr police station last week

A police chief has apologised to a Sikh man whose arrest sparked a protest amid claims his religious head covering had been forcibly removed.

An officer removed the head covering in a private room at Perry Barr police station in Birmingham and it fell on the floor at one point, police said.

The force said the head covering, a patka, was immediately retrieved.

Assistant Chief Constable Richard Baker said he met with the man to apologise to him for any distress he experienced.

The matter has been referred to the Independent Office of Police Conduct who are now carrying out an investigation of the officers' interactions with the man on 27 October, West Midlands Police said.

"We understand the religious significance of head coverings to the Sikh faith and we know reports of this incident have caused outrage and anger to the Sikh community and the wider public," ACC Baker said.

"I do not underestimate the impact this has had on the man as well as the Sikh community, both locally and further afield.

"This is absolutely not representative of West Midlands Police.

"We are committed to treating everyone with dignity and respect and we continue to strive for better relationships with the communities we serve. We are determined to hold to account any officer who does not adhere to the standards of professional behaviour."

The IOPC previously said a video on social media suggesting the man had his turban stamped on in a custody suite was "false".

The man, who was released on bail, is due at Birmingham Magistrates' Court on 25 November charged with obstructing a police officer and two counts of driving a vehicle when the VRM (vehicle registration) fails to conform with regulations.

2 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Do you think Sikhi previously in the past - before it absorbed Western (i.e. Marxist) values firstly through immigration, and, then currently, through the ideological osmosis of ideas in this global world we live in - exemplified the best of Islamic cultural propriety (concepts of sharam, general decorum, the spurning of excess, unquestioning loyalty to one's group...) as well as our own broad religious teachings?

If we brought Singh’s back from the past to see what we have now, they’d think we are following a different religion. Back then there was most likely less of a view on religious fundamentalism, and more of a leniency towards keeping the Panth protected for the future even if they had to do something’s which we view as contrary to Gurmat today. (Like if a Muslim woman would want to become Sikh they’d have to be buried alive and verbally denounce Islam, or if a Muslim man wanted to take Amrit, the Singh’s would force him to eat pork from a wild boar. 

The Old generation of Sikhs despite being willing to stand-up for justice for all people were always suspicious of non-Sikh influences. Today we have the opposite, Apne are more talk and wanting appreciation from outsiders, while doing nothing substantial. 

2 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Fealty to the white ruling apparatus of colonial times in the hope of securing advantages for material enrichment and maybe eventual social ascension, I agree, but that never extended to the erosion of day-to-day cultural practices as they related to the expected norms of social conduct, the raising of children, and the imparting of values.  Those really only started to erode with exposure to a post-WW2 West. I'm not suggesting it was a tightly buttoned down patriarchal utopia back in the day, but in most native Punjabi communities back home the price for defying the pind's social contract was severe. 

I think a lot of stuff happened that isn't really spoken of. You get evidence of this when you get Panjabis doing genetic tests and having 15% european ancestry that points at such an ancestor only a few generations back, slap bang in the middle of the colonial period. It don't a take a genius to figure out what probably happened. Olders in my family have confirmed stuff that went on that was shady. I think that might be why you've got people who, by previous historical accounts, were described as dark skinned, now becoming light skinned? 

Plus, (and I've said it before to you), CP pretty much highlights all manner of kartootan going on, including in the pind. How can you ignore that internal evidence? Plus look how many eloping romantic tales we have in our Panjabi culture. It's not just one Romeo and Juliet type case is it? 

I get that the consequences for getting caught would be severe, but that didn't stop some people doing it. Even in arab countries, with all it's harsh penalties for relationships outside of marriage, you still get women caught and lashed.   

1 hour ago, Premi5 said:

The man, who was released on bail, is due at Birmingham Magistrates' Court on 25 November charged with obstructing a police officer and two counts of driving a vehicle when the VRM (vehicle registration) fails to conform with regulations.

This bit sounds really shady, like he was pulled up on some bull5hit in the first place. 

2 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

The point is that as soon as someone within the pind stepped out of line in a way where their transgressions became common knowledge and tongues were sent wagging, the elders of that pind had no choice but to make an example of that person or people.

This wasn't done because these people were vindictive or evil; it was done because if NO action was taken, it was a greenlight to everyone else in that village that bad choices had no consequences. Nobody thought, "Ah well, this is the land of Kama Sutra and Chatropokhiyan; go enjoy yourself! You only live once!" ?

It's not so much punishments after the fact, but more so a deterrent before starts anyone getting elti. There's always going to be rebellious sorts, but for the ones who had a mischievous spirit but a weak constitution, seeing a peer, friend, or sibling fall victim to the consequences of their bad choices was enough of a warning to knock it off. That was usually enough maintain order, and even undercut any type of secret, "underground" shenanigans because the risk was too high.

Yeah, I get that. I agree. 

You should read Prem Sumarag bro, it covers this stuff too. 

• The title was changed to Alleged Hate/Racist ACT BY WEST MIDLANDS POLICE OFFICER