Alleged Hate/Racist ACT BY WEST MIDLANDS POLICE OFFICER

Premi5

I have to shake my head in disbelief when I hear apparently observant and religious Sikhs (folks over the age of 45) throw out the classic, "Guru Gobind Singh wore gold jewellery," as a desperate excuse to justify their own love for shiny things, lol. You think to yourself, "It's just lip service to you people, isn't it?"

27 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

What you said about our lot being shallow and materialistic rings true. Possibly they haven't gone as far as whitey because they don't have the organisational skills and intelligence to do it to grand scales? I notice this materialism is often transferred across generations. I notice how the children of self-made successful apnay feel an inordinate pressure to keep up appearances at all costs. Very often they have very dodgy ethical/moral 'beliefs' and seem to fear a fall in status more than anything else. This makes them do unethical things to keep up the show.

It's the same with caste, what excuse do apnay have for it? At least Hindus can say it's actually part of their 'dharam'. 

Goodness, I was skirting on the edge of that exact same conclusion a while ago, but I thought I was unnecessarily hating on my own people, lmao. Seems like I should've run with the idea.

So the only reason we've yet to plumb the same depths as mainstream consumerist Europeans (and their American equivalents) is because we're too thick to even get to that stage? Hilarious and sadly true. But I do think apne born and raised in the West, with enough exposure to the materialistic side of Western culture, will come to exemplify a nightmarish worst of both worlds, eventually.

13 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Organisation , maybe. But Intelligence - not sure about that, if anything most non-white populations in their native lands acquire a sense of cunning and streetwiseness that more 'advanced' societies lack even if better educated. 

I'm talking about a different type of intelligence. What you are referring to above might just be 'survival mode' in effect, which is more a reflection of the lack of provision by our own society perhaps? I'm talking about the intelligence to plan and actualise grand, large scale projects, which involve high level planning, design, efficiency and organisational skills to pull off.  That probably plays a part in why Panjab's economy is such a mess today? Anyway, let's not detract too much from the OP.  

5 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I have to shake my head in disbelief when I hear apparently observant and religious Sikhs (folks over the age of 45) throw out the classic, "Guru Gobind Singh wore gold jewellery," as a desperate excuse to justify their own love for shiny things, lol. You think to yourself, "It's just lip service to you people, isn't it?"

You know one thing that makes me suspicious of other apnay at get go, is them wearing gold karas. Really puts me off to the point that I'd avoid conversation with them. 

If you grew up with that story about Guru ji throwing two gold bangles into the canal as a child (In Bihar I presume?), you'd see them differently. I know there is one reference to jathedars wearing gold karas in the misal period, but I think that was more about transferrable and easily accessible wealth. 

I hear people also justify getting the flashiest motor by saying that Guru ji told Singhs to get the best horses. Lol!

Just now, dallysingh101 said:

I hear people also justify getting the flashiest motor by saying that Guru ji told Singhs to get the best horses. Lol!

Yes, I hear this a lot. But when there is so much inequality in society, and for example when we have many Sikhs living in poverty, I think it's inappropriate

6 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Goodness, I was skirting on the edge of that exact same conclusion a while ago, but I thought I was unnecessarily hating on my own people, lmao. Seems like I should've run with the idea.

I've heard a few people say this. I thought it was common knowledge? 

So the only reason we've yet to plumb the same depths as mainstream consumerist Europeans (and their American equivalents) is because we're too thick to even get to that stage? Hilarious and sadly true. But I do think apne born and raised in the West, with enough exposure to that culture, will come to exemplify a nightmarish worst of both worlds, eventually.

Well, hopefully we can disrupt the show a bit and put some level of spanners in the works in that department. It's not a given that things will turn out like that (but not unlikely I know....)

6 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

intelligence to plan and actualise grand, large scale projects, which involve high level planning, design, efficiency and organisational skills to pull off.  That probably plays a part in why Panjab's economy is such a mess today? Anyway, let's not detract too much from the OP.  

(Northern) India at least has a culture where vested interests often don't allow this

See the example below if not aware of this story, which I assume is to do with the accused wanting to profit in some way.

https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/jaipur/nhai-project-consultant-killing-case-absconding-shooter-arrested-7495781/

NHAI project consultant killing case: Absconding shooter arrested

The Jaipur police have so far arrested six people in the case, including the alleged mastermind, Karandeep Sheoran, the managing director of the Haryana-based E5 Infrastructure Private Ltd, his three employees and the two shooters.

• facebook.svg
  • twitter.svg
  • reddit.svg
By: Express News Service | Jaipur |
September 8, 2021 9:07:14 am

arrest-2-3.jpg
lg.php?bannerid=3724&campaignid=578&zone
The police had said that the accused hired the two shooters — Dharmendra and Ramdhiya — for Rs 15 lakh and they were brought to Rajasthan from Haryana in a car of the accused. (Representational)

The Jaipur Police on Tuesday arrested one of the shooters who allegedly shot NHAI project consultant Rajinder Kumar Chawla last month and was on the run since then.

The police have already arrested Dharmendra, the other shooter involved in the killing.

Deputy Commissioner of Police, Jaipur West, Richa Tomar said a team had been sent to Haryana to track down the shooter, who was absconding since the incident on August 26 and was consistently changing his location.

The Jaipur police have so far arrested six people in the case, including the alleged mastermind, Karandeep Sheoran, the managing director of the Haryana-based E5 Infrastructure Private Ltd, his three employees and the two shooters.

The Jaipur police had said that Sheoran wanted Chawla to approve designs for a construction project involving construction of foot over-bridges (FOBs) which went against the terms of the original contract. But when Chawla couldn’t be persuaded to give in to the demands, his murder was planned.

39 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Well, hopefully we can disrupt the show a bit and put some level of spanners in the works in that department. It's not a given that things will turn out like that (but not unlikely I know....)

Canada - as it relates to our people - is what happens when you go from romping in the khet as a child, to having access to the means and opportunities to accumulate all that the worst of the Western mindset can provide. It does a number on your consciousness in the worst ways possible way.

Being around those people is torture for the soul. When they open their mouths to speak, I want them to shut it immediately. You will never gain anything of value in any discernibly non-superificial level from those people. Yet, as only the most stubbornly idiotic people can ever think, THEY believe themselves to be some form of superior being, while WE are almost the 5hit on their shoes. 

This is the kind of behaviour that eventually ensures the well of sympathy and good-wishes for people of our background tends to run dry. You can't function with these type of humans. They're lost causes.

1 minute ago, MisterrSingh said:

THEY believe themselves to be some form of superior being, while WE are almost the 5hit on their shoes. 

I've never heard Canadian Sikhs viewing themselves superior to non-Canadian Sikhs; I've heard stuff related to Jathas thinking they are superior to others though.

• The title was changed to Alleged Hate/Racist ACT BY WEST MIDLANDS POLICE OFFICER