question about kirpan

justasking

Guest Singh is King

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

No this is not true, there are only 3 times where someone can take out their Kirpan from their sheath, 1. To defend your self or someone else, 2. To clean it or something like that, 3. To do bhog of karah prasad.

6 hours ago, justasking said:

So my cousin who has Kirpan on him told me that he cannot pull it out because if he does he will have to shed blood with it or cut himself with it. Is this true?

I’ve heard this before, but never saw anywhere in Maryada or Rehatnama where this is written. 

On 11/8/2021 at 6:10 AM, Jacfsing2 said:

I’ve heard this before, but never saw anywhere in Maryada or Rehatnama where this is written. 

yes everything i have seen online is just from ppl saying so they are not giving evidence from any theological standpoint my cousin 

On 11/8/2021 at 4:41 AM, Guest Singh is King said:

No this is not true, there are only 3 times where someone can take out their Kirpan from their sheath, 1. To defend your self or someone else, 2. To clean it or something like that, 3. To do bhog of karah prasad.

thank you for the clarification, i have a feeling that my cousin was told this by my granny, i know she means well but she even tells me somethings regarding Sikhi that don't make sense or have basis in Sikhi like she has told me tht i should sleep on the side so when i wake up the first thing i will see is picture of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. 

2 hours ago, justasking said:

thank you for the clarification, i have a feeling that my cousin was told this by my granny, i know she means well but she even tells me somethings regarding Sikhi that don't make sense or have basis in Sikhi like she has told me tht i should sleep on the side so when i wake up the first thing i will see is picture of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. 

Sikhs shouldn’t have any pictures of the Gurus if we are going according to Gurmat. In fact, the Mughal records of Sikhs stated that at our Gurdwaras, there weren’t any pictures of the Gurus. 

4 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

I don't see an issue with Gurus' pictures.

All of the Gurus pictures are not real, once Guru Sahib had a painter who could paint most of Guru Sahib on his canvas, but when Guru Sahib’s face came the Painter couldn’t even see the face. Guru Sahib then explained that he isn’t the body, but rather the spirit. Guru Sahib finished the painting though. 

I don’t think the Bhai Sobha Singh’s paintings are legit. Nanaksar is a bit closer, as Baba Nand Singh saw Guru Sahib. 

Guest Singh is King

Many people bow to pictures of the gurus which is wrong and it is idolatry and why would you have a picture of the guru if the guru is already in there, see Guru Granth Sahib Ji as Guru Gobind Singh Ji, Guru Granth Sahib Ji has the light of the 10 gurus in them, why would you need a picture to represent the 10 gurus if they are already here?

5 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

I don’t think the Bhai Sobha Singh’s paintings are legit. Nanaksar is a bit closer, as Baba Nand Singh saw Guru Sahib. 

I have been told that Mahapurkh Sant Kishan Singh ji of Rara Sahib told Sangat in UK that Bhai Sobha Singh ji's pictures were the best representation of what the Gurus looked like.