Which groups or nations do you admire/respect?

Premi5

A very open question, hoping to get a wide range of responses

Which groups or nations do you admire/respect (not necessarily like) in the world at this time  (other than Sikhs)? It can be a Nation, Ethnicity or regions, or regions of a country. By this, I mean either the Political Leader or your experiences of the majority of the people you have met/heard about from that group. Looking for non-obvious/original opinions please. 

I will give some examples, and try to not repeat themes: 

I respect the leader of Hungary, Orban for upholding his beliefs on limiting immigration, and his stance to not support LGBT agenda being enforced on his country. 

The Germans and Japanese (and maybe Koreans) are world renowned for their ability in engineering and manufacturing of electrical goods.

Scandinavians are known for having some of the highest living standards in the world and have not (to my knowledge) acquired the wealth from relatively recent looting of other nations. They are the 'safest' countries for women in the world also. 

Dubai and Abu Dhabi have successfully transitioned their economy from reliance on oil, and attract many tourists and businesses. 

Iran - a non-Arab country in the middle-East who seem to be great people whenever I have met them, and seem relatively friendly to non-Iranians. 

Italy - great culture , including food, fashion, landscape, extensive history and architecture, climate generally good. 

Eastern Europeans generally, are more 'manly' men then much of the 'West'

38 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

@shastarSingh - any communities in India?

I hv had some good interactions with south Indians. They greatly respected me as a sikh.

I m not against khalistan in fact I support it.

I m also not against the current referendum thing by SFJ.

But I strongly feel Sikhs shud be doing sikhi parchar on Hindus in India.

There are millions and millions of Hindus in India who can become Sikhs.

47 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

I like Taliban as they never accept foreign rule and never give up their weapons.

They live hard lives. They don't run after the luxuries and comforts of modern world.

They hv lots of shortcomings too. So I'm not saying they are perfect.

Lol. ?

Khalistanis were the proto-Taliban. However, one group failed and the other succeeded.

12 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Maybe because they are not so much indoctrinated by Bollywood and Hindi media who give a 'shawa shawa' image to Sikhs ?

South Indians live simpler lives. Their culture is different from north Indians.

They give full credit to Sikhs for the 1947 independence.

Sikhs shud produce good sikhi literature in Tamil language and many south Indians can become Sikhs.

Unfortunately, present day Sikhs are so mayadhari that non Sikhs get very negative image of sikhi.

12 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

Unfortunately, present day Sikhs are so mayadhari that non Sikhs get very negative image of sikhi.

I think their perception is of ‘cultural ‘ Sikhs who drink too much , eats lots of meat and do ‘Balle balle’

But, Sikhs in India and diaspora still known for being hardworking and wealthy and hardly any poor Sikhs 

China for their communism approach in politics. Chinese people come first. EVERY Business has a security card b4 entering any business premises. If you're on the run for ANY reason and police manage to pinpoint you, it'll be on that card... meaning the cardholder will be barred from entering the business premises (Office, Leisure, Supermarket) practically EVERY Business has that swipe card system at main entrance. You cannot buy a new car, house. Only way to sort it out is by going police station. AND with their CCTV System... They WILL See who you are and know who u are. Foreign on job visas don't get card but must use their passport AT ALL TIMES! 

It's a different story that the more great China does economic wise, the more stigma, lies and dirt Western Media puts on them. 

4 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

I like Taliban as they never accept foreign rule and never give up their weapons.

They live hard lives. They don't run after the luxuries and comforts of modern world.

They hv lots of shortcomings too. So I'm not saying they are perfect.

They won because they did not care how many innocents they killed, now that they are the government and the security of the people is their responsibility, the shoe is now on the other foot. ISIS is bombing almost everyday and the Taliban 'govt' now knows what it is like to at the target of terrorist bombs. Quite ironic really and classic karma.