Setting up off grid eco village

shastarSingh

4 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

People all over the world are setting up eco villages to live environment friendly lifestyle.

We can make a similar eco village in punjab by using solar panels, organic farming, horses etc.

We can take help from nihangs and experts like balbir Singh seechewal.

People in punjab are living bad lifestyle.

Our water level is going down.

Even Rajasthan, a desert has more forest cover than punjab.

We have totally polluted our rivers.

Our farming is full of poisonous fertilizers and pesticides.  How much of the surrounding area from the centre of 'eco village' would have to be free from these to minimise 'cross-contamination' ?   Really, there being so many 'jatts' on this forum, someone should have an idea...

4 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

Instead of making big marble gurdwaras, Sikhs shud make an eco village in punjab which will act like  a teaching guide to people of punjab and in fact whole of india.  - Unfortunately, no 'prestige ' in that ; most would prefer other things like sponsoring kabaddi tournaments instead. 

The Gurdwara Sahib in such an eco village will be a mystic place to do bhagti.

10 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

Dallysingh veerji

Can you put this idea of eco village in the ears of some western Sikhs you know?

Putt Jattan de (And Tarkhaanan de) balaunde bakkre!

Bhai ji people here think that doing something like this back home would be very difficult because of corruption. 

How much is solar power used from what you've seen? 

Are people still not reigning in their use of pesticides/fertilisers? You know, it's really hard to grow without pesticides, even when I grow a certain plants aphids sometimes swamp them. 

I think economy wise, a rise in food prices needs to occur, and the amount grown decreased significantly. 

Is anyone concerned about climate change there? I think this is possibly the most dangerous thing to agriculture right now? Have you noticed any change in weather? In London right now, the weather is completely unlike what it used to be when I was growing up at this time of year.  

10 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

People r using pesticides like crazy.

PAU Ludhiana scientists are advising to use less pesticides and after some time even organic or natural farming is possible.

A lawyer turned farmer is doing natural farming in punjab successfully. We can take his help to do natural farming in our eco village in punjab.

No One gives a damn about climate or environment.

In punjab we used to have good winter season which has greatly reduced now.

7 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

One of my friends is into solar panel business.

They have solar panel system in their house and the punjab govt. buys the extra solar electricity from them.

But unfortunately, very few people are taking advantage of the Great potential of solar energy.

We can easily have an eco village in punjab run totally on solar energy.

Does he manufacture solar panels? Is this in Ludhiana? Do you know that afeem farmers in Afghanistan use solar panels?

A zoomed-in satellite image shows the banks of solar panels in a farm in Helmand

towers of solar panels

farmer irrigating

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-53450688 

Some people are also using solar geysers.

Do you mean geo-thermal energy? Do we have that kind of geology in Panjab?

image.jpeg.40cecd4cefc17f04e6cee866e64ef50a.jpeg

If we are ever going to achieve any degree of independence the energy issue is a primary one. If we start relying on outsiders, we'll get f**ked. Look at how Russia suddenly jacked up prices for gas, and threatened to cut supplies to Europe. I don't think nuclear energy is an option? 

What about wind? Are wind turbines an option? 

Wind Energy | Everything You Need to Know

7 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

PAU Ludhiana scientists are advising to use less pesticides and after some time even organic or natural farming is possible.

A lawyer turned farmer is doing natural farming in punjab successfully. We can take his help to do natural farming in our eco village in punjab.

There will probably be two stages. First thing would be to remove as much toxins from the enviroment. This will involve soil testing and stuff. Then using organic, non toxic fertilisers.

Do you think it'll be possible to return to the use of horse, cow and chicken pooh, and having a big thayrhee?

Detoxifying the land is going to take time. I'm shocked people are still using synthetic pesticides/fertiliser. This has been a known problem for decades now. 

Video looks interesting. Going to watch it tonight.