What is the right age to get married?

Jassu

9 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

What I don't get is, if he is so good looking and wealthy, how comes he isn't with a top local women? 

I was wondering that too! He told me he has been in multiple relationships before (I didn't like that)! All white women! He's 30 and I'm 23. The thing is, even if he does like brown 'exotic' women for whatever reason, aren't there a lot in Amsterdam these days? Why go online? It's all weird, tbh, but he's been genuinely kind.

2 hours ago, proactive said:

I'll be honest with you, it looks like the guy is a fake. If he was really so rich and successful, he would be living his life, wining and dining women in real life, he would be fighting off women throwing themselves at him because of his wealth, why would he spend time and effort chatting online with someone in another country. The only reason is HE IS A FAKE. He probably lives with his parents, has a low value job if he has a job at all, and your chats with him allow him to build up his self esteem and you spending time with him and buying into his BS is just massaging his ego. No successful and wealthy man spends time online chatting with women in other countries when he can have as many women as he can handle in real life. 

Now just read all that again and if you are still think this he could be real, then I suggest the easiest way to frame this would be for you to change places with him. If you were rich and successful and you had men showing interest in you all day in the UK, would you be spending time online speaking to a Dutch guy of limited means? Sorry if this is being too blunt for you, but as a Sikh I need to do what I can to stop a fellow Sikh from making a mistake that could well ruin her life. 

A tad bit rude but I understand where you're coming from. I think I also worded my posts wrong, I don't mean to say that he is incredibly wealthy or whatever, lol. He has a comfy job and Teslas wouldn't be out of reach (compared to other luxury cars). He is probably middle-class or slightly upper middle-class in Netherlands, I don't know much but he's not actually 'rich'. He's also not incredibly handsome but he's definitely above average! Typical Dutch light brown hair, blue-eyed, extremely tall and fit type! He just struck me as arrogant and cocky! And he would laugh when I would talk about Sikhi sometimes!  For example, the kesh part, he laughed about it and thought it was funny which had me a bit miffed tbh! It's just odd to me that he took an interest in me. When I shut him down (I told him it'd be hard to make it work with a non-Sikh and how I'd want a religious man) he was still persistent! Like, almost obsessed! It's creepy tbh, most men take the hint and let go!

I think I can only marry a gorah if he's willing to convert and take Sikhi seriously! Otherwise I can't! Literally every gora I talk to I try to inform them about Sikhi, lol. 

Honestly it is so difficult to even chat about religion to white people! They are so judgmental. Ugh. It feels like a lot of them are drones just doing the same thing as others. A lot of people say oh well Europe is so diverse! Honestly different states in India are more diverse than the whole of Europe! In general, a white person would mostly be the same everywhere because of this weird conformist thinking and almost culture-less routine they possess! They lost any semblance of tradition. I was chatting to a white man from the UK and he said maybe like 2% of goreh log even bother going to churches nowadays! Not even the Polish go lol.

28 minutes ago, Jassu said:

I was wondering that too! He told me he has been in multiple relationships before (I didn't like that)! All white women! He's 30 and I'm 23. The thing is, even if he does like brown 'exotic' women for whatever reason, aren't there a lot in Amsterdam these days? Why go online? It's all weird, tbh, but he's been genuinely kind.

A tad bit rude but I understand where you're coming from. I think I also worded my posts wrong, I don't mean to say that he is incredibly wealthy or whatever, lol. He has a comfy job and Teslas wouldn't be out of reach (compared to other luxury cars). He is probably middle-class or slightly upper middle-class in Netherlands, I don't know much but he's not actually 'rich'. He's also not incredibly handsome but he's definitely above average! Typical Dutch light brown hair, blue-eyed, extremely tall and fit type! He just struck me as arrogant and cocky! And he would laugh when I would talk about Sikhi sometimes!  For example, the kesh part, he laughed about it and thought it was funny which had me a bit miffed tbh! It's just odd to me that he took an interest in me. When I shut him down (I told him it'd be hard to make it work with a non-Sikh and how I'd want a religious man) he was still persistent! Like, almost obsessed! It's creepy tbh, most men take the hint and let go!

I think I can only marry a gorah if he's willing to convert and take Sikhi seriously! Otherwise I can't! Literally every gora I talk to I try to inform them about Sikhi, lol. 

Honestly it is so difficult to even chat about religion to white people! They are so judgmental. Ugh. It feels like a lot of them are drones just doing the same thing as others. A lot of people say oh well Europe is so diverse! Honestly different states in India are more diverse than the whole of Europe! In general, a white person would mostly be the same everywhere because of this weird conformist thinking and almost culture-less routine they possess! They lost any semblance of tradition. I was chatting to a white man from the UK and he said maybe like 2% of goreh log even bother going to churches nowadays! Not even the Polish go lol.

You’re only 23?!

you think he’d have laughed at you if you told him you are Muslim ?

27 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

@Jassu

Way too many red flags here. 

Another thing, if he is a predatory type, and you've just told him your life story, he'd be honing into details to manipulate you. 

Plus you being 23 (young) means there is no need to jump into anything rashly. Follow the advice previously given and try and find some sangat, whilst protecting yourself.   Don't blindly trust like a lulloo. See beyond surface images (so no idiocy like "well, he had a pagh dharaa so I thought it was safe to meet him alone")

Based on this:

I think he probably thinks you're an id1ot and wants to see how much of a fool he can make you possibly? You want to be careful of what you yourself project to blokes. If he is a predator, he may get extra stimulation from your initial resistance, and see it as a challenge to his abilities, hence his reaction to being shut down. 

That's bull5hit. You don't know this guy, and words are easy to say. Even if he threw you some breadcrumbs, it doesn't necessarily denote kindness. He could be a pimp (like Epstein) or serial killer for you know.

When apnees have been groomed in the UK, it's normal for the groomer to shower them with gifts and compliment firstly. In theold days they'd get a girl a mobile phone, but the reality was that it wasn't really a gift but a way of keeping close tabs on her for instance.  

Also think of this: if he comes from a wealthy established family, do you think they'd want him to marry someone from abroad who isn't from a wealthy family?

A hell of a lot isn't adding up here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-54600285

Nottinghamshire woman duped by 'soul mate' in online dating fraud

Published
20 October 2020
I love you, written on text messageIMAGE SOURCE,GETTY IMAGES
Image caption,
The woman said the experience has left her at "rock bottom"

A woman who was conned out of thousands of pounds by a romance fraudster has said it has taken her to "financial and emotional rock bottom".

The woman spent £8,500 on a man she thought was her "soul mate" before realising she was being duped.

Sarah, not her real name, wants to stop others going through the same ordeal.

Nottinghamshire Police said it fears such cases could become more common as coronavirus restrictions risk people feeling more isolated.

The scam began last year when the woman, from Nottinghamshire, set up an online dating profile on Our Time, a site for people over 50, and started speaking to "Adam".

"Adam" claimed he was a 52-year-old electrical engineer from the Nottinghamshire village of Keyworth who was working in Benin, Africa.

Sarah, a psychologist, said she had taken years to recover emotionally from a break-up with her husband.

She told the BBC: "I just wanted to be loved."

She and "Adam" formed a bond, speaking about families, meeting up and going on a dream holiday to Venice together.

VeniceIMAGE SOURCE,GETTY IMAGES
Image caption,
The pair discussed their "dream" of visiting Venice together

"I'd already been through so much; I genuinely thought this was my second chance," Sarah said.

"I truly believed he was my soul mate. It was too good to be true."

'All a fantasy'

They made plans to meet up last Christmas and she sent money for his tickets.

He never made it, claiming he could not get a flight.

After this, she sent him thousands more via bank transfers and Bitcoin, cashing in three pensions and taking out a £2,000 overdraft.

She also sent him a MacBook.

She added she believes the coronavirus crisis prolonged the fraud as it gave him reasonable excuses not to see her.

But by this summer, she said she realised, "it was all a fantasy".

She now fears not being able to pay her bills.

She said: "It has taken me to emotional and financial rock bottom.

"I hope [by speaking out] I can stop another person going through the pain I feel."

No arrests have been made.

Det Insp Ed Cook said: "Nationally there has been a rise in this kind of crime in the past year.

"Potentially there are more people spending more time at home on social media and becoming more isolated."

He urged people to check on friends and family members, and for anyone experiencing what Sarah did to get in touch with them.

18 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-54600285

Nottinghamshire woman duped by 'soul mate' in online dating fraud

Published
20 October 2020
I love you, written on text messageIMAGE SOURCE,GETTY IMAGES
Image caption,
The woman said the experience has left her at "rock bottom"

A woman who was conned out of thousands of pounds by a romance fraudster has said it has taken her to "financial and emotional rock bottom".

The woman spent £8,500 on a man she thought was her "soul mate" before realising she was being duped.

Sarah, not her real name, wants to stop others going through the same ordeal.

Nottinghamshire Police said it fears such cases could become more common as coronavirus restrictions risk people feeling more isolated.

The scam began last year when the woman, from Nottinghamshire, set up an online dating profile on Our Time, a site for people over 50, and started speaking to "Adam".

"Adam" claimed he was a 52-year-old electrical engineer from the Nottinghamshire village of Keyworth who was working in Benin, Africa.

Sarah, a psychologist, said she had taken years to recover emotionally from a break-up with her husband.

She told the BBC: "I just wanted to be loved."

She and "Adam" formed a bond, speaking about families, meeting up and going on a dream holiday to Venice together.

VeniceIMAGE SOURCE,GETTY IMAGES
Image caption,
The pair discussed their "dream" of visiting Venice together

"I'd already been through so much; I genuinely thought this was my second chance," Sarah said.

"I truly believed he was my soul mate. It was too good to be true."

'All a fantasy'

They made plans to meet up last Christmas and she sent money for his tickets.

He never made it, claiming he could not get a flight.

After this, she sent him thousands more via bank transfers and Bitcoin, cashing in three pensions and taking out a £2,000 overdraft.

She also sent him a MacBook.

She added she believes the coronavirus crisis prolonged the fraud as it gave him reasonable excuses not to see her.

But by this summer, she said she realised, "it was all a fantasy".

She now fears not being able to pay her bills.

She said: "It has taken me to emotional and financial rock bottom.

"I hope [by speaking out] I can stop another person going through the pain I feel."

No arrests have been made.

Det Insp Ed Cook said: "Nationally there has been a rise in this kind of crime in the past year.

"Potentially there are more people spending more time at home on social media and becoming more isolated."

He urged people to check on friends and family members, and for anyone experiencing what Sarah did to get in touch with them.

I don’t think I’m getting scammed, if anything he’s the one who said he would fly out to me. lol. Also when I mentioned how I’d miss my mum and sis if I ever wanted a real relationship with him in the Netherlands he said ‘you can always visit them on the weekends, just a one hour flight to UK!’ <banned word filter activated>

but everyone really turned me off him! ngl

12 minutes ago, Jassu said:

I don’t think I’m getting scammed, if anything he’s the one who said he would fly out to me. lol. Also when I mentioned how I’d miss my mum and sis if I ever wanted a real relationship with him in the Netherlands he said ‘you can always visit them on the weekends, just a one hour flight to UK!’ <banned word filter activated>

but everyone really turned me off him! ngl

That doesn’t mean anything 

12 minutes ago, Jassu said:

I’m not considering any man who won’t take in my mother!

Gore are known for living with their extended family ?!