What is the right age to get married?

Jassu

28 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

I think men in general don’t really care how educated or how much money a woman makes when looking for a partner. I don’t think men and women should look for the same qualities in the other person tbh. 

That'd make a really boring couple (but nothing wrong with that). Probably better to get some ying and yang action. 

What I meant by the previous post was that instead of pursuing Sikhi together, as suggested by Gurjant (and could be a powerful bonding force), our lot usually have to start thinking about family expectations, potential sus-nau conflicts, caste, whether to move out of parents house or not (and all the politics and drama around that), inheritance, image, interfamily dynamics and all manner of things that essentially boil down to Panjabi culture. Sikhi seems to come way down the list for many from what it seems? 

43 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

I think men in general don’t really care how educated or how much money a woman makes when looking for a partner. I don’t think men and women should look for the same qualities in the other person tbh. 

Really? What criteria do they use?

Don't see many 'high fliers' with women who have minimal educational or career achievements

1 minute ago, Premi5 said:

Really? What criteria do they use?

Don't see many 'high fliers' with women who have minimal educational or career achievements

That's a great point. I think people who are aspiring to climb the ladder of ambition, want someone that will be an asset in this goal. Alternatively (and I've seen this a few times), they can get some humble, conformist type to be a doting, dutiful wife at home, but the bloke can get up to all manner of shenanigans while away on the business that provides the 'high quality life' and income the wife has become accustomed to. 

On 11/14/2021 at 8:57 PM, S1ngh said:

I agree with the above and will double focus on the bold part above.

It also depends on how much Sikh dharam is playing the role in your life. Such decisions will be much easier if we rely/depend on our unique religion. I based most of my life decisions based on the principles of Sikh dharam and so far i am doing ok. This is my opinion. 

Admin Note: Whether you are troll or not (not easy to spot) but you are completely off the region you are mentioning and stressing on several replies that you are from this area which is 1000's of miles away from where you are posting from.... Please do note that we have many trolls where they post such topics pretending to be a sikh munda or kuri and then a story starts... i like non-sikh guys etc.. Not sure the purpose but we have seen the trend where sickos try to bring our kaum's morale down by such threads. Hope you are not one of them but sangat are aware of such things. 

Hi, I use a VPN and my location changes like 3 times sometimes (Netherlands, UK & US). I am not a troll though and I started this topic out of genuine concern. ? This is also my first account! I can provide evidence in DMs that I am who I say I am and we can even talk on the phone or whatnot!

Update:

I read through all the pages and I can’t reply to everyone but I did notice all the posts and I thank everyone for them!

I want to write an update about the Dutch guy. Tbh I feel that he’s really interested in me! I’ve told him my life story and he seems to have empathy! I was talking to him about my identity and my religion and he personally said he doesn’t believe in God. He said ‘I’m unsure if I can believe in a God when the world is like this’. I told him, ‘maybe if we all believed in God, the world would be better!’.

Tbh, some things about me him turn me off because he is very arrogant. He randomly mentioned how he has a Tesla. I told him I don’t know anyone in the Netherlands (no family & no friends) and don’t speak Dutch so how could I possibly find a decent job? He said that ‘it’s fine you have me’ and he said ‘trust me you don’t need to work’ with a winky face! Tbh his family is wealthy but still this is strange! As everyone knows women in the Netherlands are very independent and feminist. 

On the bright side, he really seems keen to know more about Punjabi culture, he calls it desi culture and he said there are lots of Indians in Amstelveen. He even asked if he would have to convert to marry me! I told him the truth and said no it’s not required but I would prefer it and he said he can’t keep long hair! But he seems more and more kind and interested the more I keep talking about myself.  There is something strange though, he told me his brother has a Syrian gf! I was a bit shocked when I heard that. Idk, it just seemed strange.

He is really persistent! When I told him I’m more interested in Sikh/Punjabi men because they would understand me better, he said ‘but I’m willing to understand your culture for you’! He also messages me almost every night! Honestly it seems too good to be true like a fairytale! I’m so confused. :(

36 minutes ago, Jassu said:

Update:

I read through all the pages and I can’t reply to everyone but I did notice all the posts and I thank everyone for them!

I want to write an update about the Dutch guy. Tbh I feel that he’s really interested in me! I’ve told him my life story and he seems to have empathy! I was talking to him about my identity and my religion and he personally said he doesn’t believe in God. He said ‘I’m unsure if I can believe in a God when the world is like this’. I told him, ‘maybe if we all believed in God, the world would be better!’.

Tbh, some things about me him turn me off because he is very arrogant. He randomly mentioned how he has a Tesla. I told him I don’t know anyone in the Netherlands (no family & no friends) and don’t speak Dutch so how could I possibly find a decent job? He said that ‘it’s fine you have me’ and he said ‘trust me you don’t need to work’ with a winky face! Tbh his family is wealthy but still this is strange! As everyone knows women in the Netherlands are very independent and feminist. 

On the bright side, he really seems keen to know more about Punjabi culture, he calls it desi culture and he said there are lots of Indians in Amstelveen. He even asked if he would have to convert to marry me! I told him the truth and said no it’s not required but I would prefer it and he said he can’t keep long hair! But he seems more and more kind and interested the more I keep talking about myself.  There is something strange though, he told me his brother has a Syrian gf! I was a bit shocked when I heard that. Idk, it just seemed strange.

He is really persistent! When I told him I’m more interested in Sikh/Punjabi men because they would understand me better, he said ‘but I’m willing to understand your culture for you’! He also messages me almost every night! Honestly it seems too good to be true like a fairytale! I’m so confused. :(

You have too many differences from him, it won't work out