What is the right age to get married?

Jassu

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

Do you think people just looked the other way in the past, or they were genuinely fooled? These days it'd be harder to get away with it I imagine? Conservatism in the past probably meant a lot of people weren't even aware of it? 

If this chariter wasn't so tragic overall, you'd laugh at the 'Cocaine makes me gay' thing.......

Hard to say. I think there was an element of "Don't ask, don't tell." I think the idea was that as long the kids and the family in general were taken of, it was a case of "Do what you want, just don't make it obvious." 

I was watching an interview with a British homo conservative (small C) a few years ago who was lamenting the change in their community compared to the way it use to be when they were expected to stay anon. Interestingly, he said the drug culture and unabashed debauchery that's attached to the contemporary gays is too much for the old school poofs. They hate public stuff like gay pride and the rest of it. Stuff like raising a family or even just being in a committed monogamous relationship and coming home to a domestic setting lends a person some structure in their life instead of the aimless, depraved poofery of modern times where they're out bumming someone new every night. Fascinating to hear that POV.

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

Could be. She seemed out of his league, if her picture is an accurate indication of her true appearance. 

It's telling that she was all over him when he was reeling in the dough, but when he loses his job and hits hard times, she ends up going off the deep end with affairs and whatnot.

Remember, gentlemen, your value as man is limited to your earnings and your physical usefulness to your dependents. As long as you're on your feet and you're providing, you're an awesome guy. Something unfortunate rears its head in your life? "Fo*k y*u, where's the money?"

Take care of yourself, fellers, because nobody else gives a tatti. ??

He should’ve divorced his wife when he found out he was gay. 

On 11/14/2021 at 4:38 PM, Jassu said:

Hi loves,

As I get older, the thoughts of marriage can’t seem to stop going away. Unfortunately even though I’m Punjabi and a Sikh (still trying to become the best Sikh I could possibly be) I don’t come from a normal Sikh family. We don’t really have contact with our family and my mum is a single mother. My mum is also not religious and she doesn’t care who I marry. We’re also not in a good financial situation.  I’m wondering how can I possibly find a Sikh man who can look past that? Because as we know family is quite important in Sikhi.

I’ve talked to white men before and a lot of them have liked me and expressed interest in me but whenever I bring up Sikhi they become awkward and want to change the topic. I don’t want to marry a white man who doesn’t care about my religion. Meanwhile most Punjabi men seem to have a negative image of me for whatever reason.

Earth calling @jkvlondon come in @jkvlondon

11 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

my sis is divorcing her so called sikh ideal partner met online , punjabi born and bred but he managed to hide his worst character traits until he considered he had his feet well and truly under the table in the UK then the narcissitic traits came out including misogyny, emotional, mental and financial abuse she gave it a decade but he has not changed, and he is not likely to which she does not want to habituate her daughter to seeing this treatment as normal or desirable .
He was gushing at the beginning with compliments  and declarations until she lowered her defences, but the main thing to note was he never liked anyone asking about his background, intentions, what he did etc . He tried to curate the details about his life and past too much, was kind of cocksure that my sis wouldn't change her mind about marriage .

Isn’t there always going to be gamble anyway?