A “Kaur” complaining that “brown” women are not sexualized

1 minute ago, dallysingh101 said:

Females are straight weirdos when it comes to reality TV. They are like hypnotised. lol

I agree. 

I'm not too bad when compared to others, I can skip a season and be fine with it, did it this year with the bachelor.

Just now, dallysingh101 said:

Flippin hell. Not exactly pushing yourself are you. lol!

"Oh no, I'm not addicted to this garbage, I can miss a season now and then."

Nah I've cut back a lot. And I'm not 100% invested when I am watching, normally watching half of it. The people on that show are just another level of idiots though. 

1 hour ago, S1ngh said:

All reality tv shows are basically not reality at all. Completely staged to the core and making fool of every1 everywhere. 

Obviously, still somewhat entertaining. 

47 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

But you still watch it ?! 
to laugh at their idiocy…

That's part of the reason. I watch it with a few mates and observe behaviour.

On 11/20/2021 at 7:47 PM, Premi5 said:

Poor form from Diljit. But this type of dress is common in Punjabi music videos and Bollywood

you should see Diljit's early songs, the girls dressed just as bad, or probably worse. 

On Friday I actually watched his new movie called Honsla Rakh, a good and funny movie. However, for some of the songs they make Sonam Bajwa get adi nangi half naked kapre. 

And to be honest there is no need, they just do it for the sake of it. They could easily just lengthen the clothes to make them more respectable, but jaloos. kadna honda!! Someone really needs Diljit to banda banja. I mean I know it's the movie directors and producers who do this, but Diljit is a big enough actor now to influence this.      I thought we punjabis had enough discussions for this not to happen, yet they still do it in family punjabi movies?!!

On 11/20/2021 at 9:36 PM, dallysingh101 said:

Bro, having an older guy who's a virgin has never been a part of most cultures. We've slipped up. And if I had to hazard a guess, it's probably because we started to go uni and pursue careers and half follow other cultural norms, not understanding that these other cultures wouldn't really restrict their young adult children from sex. We've maybe created some disjointed hybrid thing as a consequence? 

Yes, I do not think desi communities in general were prepared for waiting for partners, not even upto 20s really. The parens thought kids need education, but forget that there's a thing called puberty which happens in the teens, and which the old teen marriages helped control. After all, for a sikh it's important to control kaam krodh lob moh hunkaar, the 5 panj chor/ vikaar. And how Guru Nanak emphasises grihast jeevan.

it doesn't help that the body requires a replacement to the partner that marriage would originally bring. So some desis "get-with" someone but then it doesn't work out after a year or many years and they split up. And going through these broken partnerships they end up getting old without a proper life partner. And also these just break them and make them even less suitable for marriage than when they were teens, not just because of the excess baggage but because of the fact that they're in a habit of being in these casual partnerships and will probably mess up a marriage/life partnership - hence the increase in divorces.

During my uni career, I saw married muslim couples studying at uk universities. I am sure our community could make it work, with married people going to unis. I mean people have girlfriend-boyfriend in unis anyway, so proper partners can also work with education. Just need both parents to support these endeavours.