A “Kaur” complaining that “brown” women are not sexualized

3 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Good points. But not realistic imo

This mini piri concept sort of relates to king Arthur and his round table knights as well. To be just rulers etc. But real life conquerors rarely follow these concepts although I am sure they know about them. In fact, conquerors or invaders can't be successful of they follow them.

On one hand. I hate how white people hate their race and think it's the only bad race.  That is ridiculous. There were many white people even during slavery who were abolitionists etc and Great Britain was the first to ban slavery. 

On the other hand, perhaps there is something to the theory that there has never been such barbarity and crimes as in colonialism. China was fine being isolationist although very powerful. However, Sikhs when they were doing conquering in the middle east, while initially brutal, did give rights and ruled justly. Kinda. I mean there were complaints of high taxation and also daily hangings. But that was to reduce crime at the borders. Alexander the great was pretty nice to his subjects. 

I think only Islam and Europe have been conquerors that continues to terrify and subdue the conquered after the initial vanquishement. Islam because they think others are inferior. And Europe because I think they have the Viking mentality: don't rule, just rape and pillage and bring the goods back to their country. 

But what about Japan during WWII? Horrible crimes were committed against  neighboring China Korea etc

So I don't think it's any race that's bad. I think it has to do with which religion they follow and how religious the conquerors are. But I mean Alexander wasn't religious. Perhaps it has to do with the class of people doing the conquering. If it's kings, they just want to enlarge their empire. If it's middle class, they just want the riches. 

It's complicated but I don't think racism is the answer. If you accept one race as good or bad then you must accept that there is racial superiority, some races are better than others and some stereotypes are true. I think Guru Sahib showed this is not true when he turned the non Rajput, the non warrior castes into warriors which later gave them the confidence to be kings. No one is limited by their race. 

However, collectively cultures and races may fit stereotypes but I don't think any race is evil. Elites may be but that shows its the wealth or power to blame not the race

I think the difference is more profound the further back you go. But yes every culture is a mix of a good and bad behaviors. Still the trends are so strong as to still be evident in an overall way. Really that post wasn't about that per se. 

The reason I brought up Miri Piri is in response to comments that I'm trying to make Gurmat successful in the world, or suggest we be successful according to Gurmat and not copy the Adharmis. My point is Sikhi is exactly what the person said it isn't. And the life's demonstrations of all ten form the Guru Sahiban are exactly that. 

54 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

is it possible for you to just tell his manager the complaint, since you already know him? to take the bad influences out of family movies, to keep them more sanskari and respectable? To go just a little extra mile?

Will do. I will bring it with him next time i talk with him. Is this about the movie "Honsla Rakh" song scene? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/23/2021 at 4:36 AM, ipledgeblue said:

you should see Diljit's early songs, the girls dressed just as bad, or probably worse. 

On Friday I actually watched his new movie called Honsla Rakh, a good and funny movie. However, for some of the songs they make Sonam Bajwa get adi nangi half naked kapre. 

And to be honest there is no need, they just do it for the sake of it. They could easily just lengthen the clothes to make them more respectable, but jaloos. kadna honda!! Someone really needs Diljit to banda banja. I mean I know it's the movie directors and producers who do this, but Diljit is a big enough actor now to influence this.      I thought we punjabis had enough discussions for this not to happen, yet they still do it in family punjabi movies?!!

Yes, I do not think desi communities in general were prepared for waiting for partners, not even upto 20s really. The parens thought kids need education, but forget that there's a thing called puberty which happens in the teens, and which the old teen marriages helped control. After all, for a sikh it's important to control kaam krodh lob moh hunkaar, the 5 panj chor/ vikaar. And how Guru Nanak emphasises grihast jeevan.

it doesn't help that the body requires a replacement to the partner that marriage would originally bring. So some desis "get-with" someone but then it doesn't work out after a year or many years and they split up. And going through these broken partnerships they end up getting old without a proper life partner. And also these just break them and make them even less suitable for marriage than when they were teens, not just because of the excess baggage but because of the fact that they're in a habit of being in these casual partnerships and will probably mess up a marriage/life partnership - hence the increase in divorces.

During my uni career, I saw married muslim couples studying at uk universities. I am sure our community could make it work, with married people going to unis. I mean people have girlfriend-boyfriend in unis anyway, so proper partners can also work with education. Just need both parents to support these endeavours. 

Diljit is a strange case, he literally panders to everyone. I mean look at this disgusting song earlier in his career 

and then who can forget classics like lak 28 played at every single Punjabi wedding like ever. and sometimes he makes ultra religious beautiful songs like Aar Nanak. Like, that’s weird. He’s a fuddhu banda irl life tho, he makes disgusting comments on half nangi girls pic when he has a wife back home. He hides his wife. Also he is arrogant like remmeber when he fell off the stage when he was drunk and started cursing his crew