Domestic and sexual abuse of silenced Sikh women revealed

Niara

On 12/7/2021 at 11:53 AM, ipledgeblue said:

Remember this was a period when a sikh organisation could hide behind women to remove Khalsa leaders from Akali Bunga, such as what happened with Budha Dal chief Baba Sahib Singh Kaladhari.

that is sad, are there any sources clearly describing the events in which they were ousted, was it due to differences in maryada? sgpc claim they already had control over the thakt before the "intoxicated nihangs" came and took over 

were renowned leaders like kartar singh jhabbar behind this as well

surely not all of babbar akali lehar or singh sabha lehar can be stained by this considering mahapurkhs like sant sundar singh ji and sant attar singh ji spearheading and taking an active part in the morchas and did widespread parchar in rural areas of punjab for the lehars thanks to which the movement matured outside cities and municipalities 

10 hours ago, NaamTiharoJoJape said:

so ive been wondering for quite some while now, apart from sampardai, is it okay for individuals to incorporate more bani into their evening rehras as part of their personal abhyaas

edit: I think we may have talked about this in another topic way back  

edit: yea just looked through, it was the "chhota anand sahib" question I asked way back lol

4 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

I think it’s less about what’s allowed or not, and more on what someone thinks is right. The Panth as a whole hasn’t come to a consensus on using just one Rehras Sahib paaht, and lots of Gutkas both online and physical don’t have the full Rehras in it. 

do we really need a single rehras sahib, sure it would be good to have one standardized for the majority of mainstream gurudwaras, and one that acts as an minimum and one can argue the taksal one already functions as a baseline minimum; ofc I agree on the issue being not what one does paath of but the puratan original maryada from which I take it that you mean its okay if an individual has a different rehras evening nitnem that builds on top of the existing versions of rehras sahib (not to further dilute maryada, just as abhias)? 

10 hours ago, NaamTiharoJoJape said:

do you mean the one from charitro pakhyan bani? 

even what we call full chaupai sahib has its swaiye and dohhra from ram avtar bani 

benti chaupai in itself is the kabiyo baach benti chaupai going upto dookh na tisai biaapat koee and chaupai sahib can be as long as eternity adding swaiye, dohre, arril, chaupais from dasam bani 

does anyone here know if baba deep singh ji or singh sahib bhai mani singhs gutka sahibs are available on the gurmat veechar website? 

speaking of finding what is right, that is why I had asked whether anyone knows if these gutkas can be found on the gurmat veechar website or anywhere else? 

On 11/23/2021 at 1:47 PM, MisterrSingh said:

The Sikh boot-lickers who are enabling establishment Muslims in the hope of personal advancement; something that you found difficult to process yesterday.

I just noticed this one now. 

No, no, no!

I've seen what Sikh boot lickers are like and how they are used since before you were born. You don't seem too clued up about these things yourself tbh.

What I've realised is that streetwise people are miles ahead of the curve because we talk to and mix with people who are alert, free thinkers and not scared to break rules sometimes. So we are privy to stuff polite society doesn't talk about. We might notice how they use Sikh policemen against active youngsters when very young for instance. We notice the pride this type of chaaploose has in their positions. We see how important their white pals from work are to them. We've figured out that they have been tested by whitey for loyalty and have no true fraternity with their own (but they'll fake it to infiltrate). We've clocked and seen umpteen of such type rise in prominence over decades.  We've probably been thrown under a bus at some stage by such types too. 

Offices are full of guys and females like the above, hence my dislike of working in them. 

I've never had any difficulty understanding self-centred betrayal, and what motivates such people. Given recent studies of sociopathy and narcissism, I know more now than ever. I just don't (Guru ji da kirpa) have those characteristics.  I have family who do, so I get an insider view of their behaviour.   I've seen these guys in action close up in the past. I think the neurobiological peculiarities of such people makes them unable to think in abstract terms that are required for an identity, like a Sikh one (which is outside of the remit of tribe, caste, clan), so they'll have no issue with selling out a brother to prove their loyalty to power structures that they believe will materially benefit them.   I'm pretty sure they see it as a very easy way in?

What I find hilarious (and ironic) though, is how certain subsections of our community (and you seem to be an example?) are crying  about sullay's new found 'favorite pet' position with anglos, whilst they completely ignore the fact that their own people were this very thing not very long ago, during colonialism and were used to lord it over other communities. It must hurt them to have been unceremoniously dumped like that, and replaced without notice. hahahahaha!

There is an important lesson for the descendants of people who gave their loyalty to the brits in that. 

23 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I just noticed this one now. 

No, no, no!

I've seen what Sikh boot lickers are like and how they are used since before you were born. You don't seem too clued up about these things yourself tbh.

What I've realised is that streetwise people are miles ahead of the curve because we talk to and mix with people who are alert, free thinkers and not scared to break rules sometimes. So we are privy to stuff polite society doesn't talk about. We might notice how they use Sikh policemen against active youngsters when very young for instance. We notice the pride this type of chaaploose has in their positions. We see how important their white pals from work are to them. We've figured out that they have been tested by whitey for loyalty and have no true fraternity with their own (but they'll fake it to infiltrate). We've clocked and seen umpteen of such type rise in prominence over decades.  We've probably been thrown under a bus at some stage by such types too. 

Offices are full of guys and females like the above, hence my dislike of working in them. 

I've never had any difficulty understanding self-centred betrayal, and what motivates such people. Given recent studies of sociopathy and narcissism, I know more now than ever. I just don't (Guru ji da kirpa) have those characteristics.  I have family who do, so I get an insider view of their behaviour.   I've seen these guys in action close up in the past. I think the neurobiological peculiarities of such people makes them unable to think in abstract terms that are required for an identity, like a Sikh one (which is outside of the remit of tribe, caste, clan), so they'll have no issue with selling out a brother to prove their loyalty to power structures that they believe will materially benefit them.   I'm pretty sure they see it as a very easy way in?

What I find hilarious (and ironic) though, is how certain subsections of our community (and you seem to be an example?) are crying  about sullay's new found 'favorite pet' position with anglos, whilst they completely ignore the fact that their own people were this very thing not very long ago, during colonialism and were used to lord it over other communities. It must hurt them to have been unceremoniously dumped like that, and replaced without notice. hahahahaha!

There is an important lesson for the descendants of people who gave their loyalty to the brits in that. 

Nothing to dispute or counter here (it's all good), so I'll ask you a question that I'm not sure I know the answer to:

Taking all of the above into account, what causes a Muslim (generally speaking) to retain the desire to tow the Islamic line and retain that in-group intensity for his own kind even through the intense flattery and "chaa'ploosi" that's being showered upon him (or her), whereas the same tactics on a Sikh cause him (or her) to have their head turned making them abandon their own side for comparative scraps? What is it specifically that causes this to happen?