System for Anand Karaj or Match Making

S1ngh

4 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

The deeper needs and wants of an individual can never be dealt with by something that's installed on a mobile device. And, to be fair, I don't think devoted, religiously-minded people should have such problems seeking a partner marriage because ultimately their needs are quite basic and straightforward IF they adhere to the general framework of their beliefs.

I think objectively, Sikh men are more religious than Sikh women, and even after that you’re also assuming “religious” people can’t be just like everyone else in terms of looking for extra stuff. I’ve noticed their are a lot of Amritdharis who seem to care about the C-word than we would like to be believe in. 

1 hour ago, Jacfsing2 said:

I think objectively, Sikh men are more religious than Sikh women, and even after that you’re also assuming “religious” people can’t be just like everyone else in terms of looking for extra stuff. I’ve noticed their are a lot of Amritdharis who seem to care about the C-word than we would like to be believe in. 

28 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I'd rather not open that can of worms, but...

That's something everyone knows is top of the list (especialy for our elders) when scouring for a potential partner but we pretend as if that's doesn't apply to us. I've seen and heard otherwise devout baptised Sikhs slip in the simple phrase when speaking to someone about a potential match for their kids, "Apne haun." ? Just those two words. We all know what they mean when they say "apne." They aren't alluding to excluding a Chinese or a Black Sikh convert, are they, lol? Anyone who thinks people who've taken Amrit and get married happen to magically find someone of the same C-background WITHOUT specifying beforehand is a liar or is in denial.

None of my Amritdhari or non-Amritdhari relatives of my or parents’ generation would consider an out of ‘caste’ marriage .

I doubt many Amritdharis in India marry ‘out’ .

10 hours ago, S1ngh said:

Anyone got any good idea on how we can fix the problem of "Not finding the match". Sikhs around the globe may have cultural differences but we all have a common foundation/ground which is our Guru Sahibs teaching. I believe that our community is having hard time in finding the right match. 

My wish is to see a website running a state of art system where it helps our community in a match making or match introduction type of thing. A simple dating script or a website like shaadi.com or sikhmatrimonials.com is not good enough. Good reputable setup solely based on helping our community. Support live agent system to handle queries and privacy protection system etc. 

Any ideas? Is it doable? 

Word of mouth will probably be sufficient for those who are Amritdhari and have a good sangat

7 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

I think objectively, Sikh men are more religious than Sikh women...

I think women generally behave in an imitative manner whereas men err towards an innovative mindset. Outliers are obviously a reality in both cases but not the norm. If the Singh signals his dedication to his beliefs and his desire to see out his life according to those same beliefs, a Singhni who has no desire to create waves will recognise, admire, and quietly step in-line with her man. If the Singh, however, conveys a scattered, disorganised, or lax attitude to the important things, then his woman will also begin to convey a degree of similar behaviour. All this is only relevant IF both parties are on the same page, i.e. both parties wish to remain married (as opposed to one of them seeking a way out). Of course, we've all heard of instances where an NRI Punjabi guy prone to indulging in partying and drinking culture, etc., got married to a girl from the pind, and through a certain form of positive nagging she made him relinquish his destructive habits. Those women are rare. Nowadays, there's no desire to mould a diamond in the rough, lol. Not that they should, tbf, men should behave like men, not overgrown kids.

Many great responses above ^^ 

It is in waheguru jees hand whether the marriage will prosper or fail. Compatibility between two is also depends on how they think of each other and outside influence does not have any play in it. How they grew from age 1 to 20+ is the time that will decide rest of their life course. 

Does jewish community has something like this as they are also scattered around the globe? In this age, we should have a system which is managed 24/7 by a team of professionals rather than just money making scheme or uploading a dating script and let it run. I like it to be non-profit with strong privacy controls ; like visitors cannot see the image unless they register. Registration will go thru vetting process by professionals manually reaching out to them etc etc. Inactive/dormant profiles gets deleted etc. 

I am willing to donate my money for such project but i believe that such project requires a strong team with same type of thinking. What do you guys think?