Home Office bid to remove citizenship without notice

Premi5

Saw this on lawyer, Harjap Bhangal’s show yesterday. it can apply even to adults born and lived all life in UK 

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/patels-citizenship-stripping-bill-would-accelerate-uk-race-to-the-bottom/

26 November 2021, 3.19pm

Patel’s citizenship-stripping bill would accelerate UK race to the bottom

Britain already breaks international norms. The Home Office bid to remove citizenship without notice is a landmark on the path to authoritarianism….

Section 40 of the British Nationality Actsets out citizenship deprivation powers in a manner which, in essence, creates three tiers of British citizenship. The most secure, top tier, which cannot be taken away in any circumstances, is afforded to British-born citizens who have no other nationality.

Less secure is the citizenship of those born British, or naturalised, who also have another nationality. Section 40 states that such people can be deprived of their citizenship without leaving them stateless, if the home secretary is satisfied that such a measure is “conducive to the public 

On the least secure, bottom tier are those naturalised as British citizens who have no other nationality. They can be stripped of their citizenship even if this results in their statelessness, if the home secretary believes on reasonable grounds that the person is able to become a citizen of another state….

Patel’s power grab

It is in this context that Patel introduced a new clause to the already controversial Nationality and Borders Bill, which is presently at report stage in the House of Commons. If enacted, section 9 of the bill would empower the home secretary to deprive a British citizen of nationality without notice if she does not have the information needed to serve notice, deems it not reasonably practicable to do so, or believes it is in the interests of national security, relations with another state or otherwise in the public interest.

This proposed amendment thus further relaxes the procedural obligations of the Home Office, which is required under current law to give written notice before depriving a British national of their citizenship (a 2018 amendmentallows the Home Office to serve notice to the person’s last known address if their whereabouts are unknown).

• 2 weeks later...

I think I mentioned either last year or earlier how governments initially introduce this type of legislation in response to a fairly unanimous sense of there being a need for such policies at a particular moment in time owing to some great tragedy or crime, knowing that in the future this same legislation will be used to remove opponents of the State or enemies of allies of the State. In our case I expect the Indians to lean heavily on the UK to deal with "Khalistanis" using these laws. Should never have got excited when the Conservatives began stripping Musleh of their citizenship, lol. 

As Sikhs we're stuck between a rock and a hard place: do we campaign to rescind a law that f**ks off dirty Abduls who rape little girls and chop them up into kebab meat, because one day that same law might end up getting a few of us kicked out for speaking out against the Indian state? Do you prioritise between living in a country free of such barbaric Islamic savagery or your cause? 

3 hours ago, Premi5 said:

@MisterrSingh  @Ranjeet01  @jkvlondon  @dallysingh101  @kcmidlands @Kau89r8 and other UK wale and any others, what do you think ?

I think this the most dangerous political development I've ever seen to emerge in the UK in my life. Harjap nails it in the first video. Insecurity and official 2nd class citizenship for nonwhites. 

I told you lot these tories come hand in hand with a overt rise in racism. What's next? A return of skinheads? lol!

Just watched 24 minutes of Harjap's first video. I advise everyone to watch it (I like his Panjabi too which is a bonus). 

And a lot of you younguns, especially those who have a soft spot for the goray here. You need to stop bending over and listen to what conscious old-schoolers have to say. People from Harjap's and my generation, have seen exactly what hordes of these indig people are like, and what they'd like to return too given half a chance (which is where it's heading right now).  

I think one of Harjap's more profound statement in that video was how he's explicitly said that this is an eye opener and gives us a clear window into how the establishment and the majority of indigs view us. There is no excuse for rose-tinted anhkhaan now. We've already seen how Sikhs, specifically, seem to have been targeted almost like a test run for these panchoday. Remember Jaggi. Remember those two apnay in that van in Scotland everyone surrounded. Look at that case where brothers were being pulled up for some bull5hit attempt on the Badals years ago. Look at all the gorment sponsored 'reports' about 'Sikh extremism'. Look at the obfuscation of grooming. I know we have a lot of mota dimaags in our quom, but surely even the most oafish apnaa can smell the coffee now?