Twitter CTO Parag Agrawal will replace Jack Dorsey as CEO

Jassu

3 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

The problem with religious liberalism within Sikhi is that it has no base or foundation in anything, and more of a feel good way of viewing religion.

There's certainly a liberal (for want of a better word) aspect to Sikhi that shouldn't be erased or ignored. It's part of our beliefs for sure, and there is a place for it. But it's much more complex than clinging to leftwing or right-wing ideals. It's also NOT about sitting on the fence which is what most people incorrectly interpret something to be when someone says an ideology is neither left nor right. It's about applying behaviour (or responding) contextually as a situation demands. 

1 hour ago, S1ngh said:

Sikhs lost the race in advancing in America. Non-sikh from India surpassed us just within just 15 years old migration in every field. White House has more non-sikh indian team - which never seen before. 

Sikhs stuck with sheep type mentality such as following in purchasing labor intensive businesses such as 7-11, subway, liquor stores, gas stations. Pretty much all goes against the basic principles of Sikhi (liquor/tobacco).

South Indians are on average more education focused than most people regardless of religion. They send their bache to spelling bees and all that. 

1 hour ago, Jacfsing2 said:

South Indians are on average more education focused than most people regardless of religion. They send their bache to spelling bees and all that. 

South Indians are also mild mannered and calm which makes for a potent mix in the ideal corporate employee. 

I have met quite a few of these types whilst working in IT myself. There is no comparison between them and anyone from other parts as they are also the cream of their batch so highly intelligent and efficient. 

17 hours ago, S1ngh said:

Sikhs lost the race in advancing in America. Non-sikh from India surpassed us just within just 15 years old migration in every field. White House has more non-sikh indian team - which never seen before. 

Sikhs stuck with sheep type mentality such as following in purchasing labor intensive businesses such as 7-11, subway, liquor stores, gas stations. Pretty much all goes against the basic principles of Sikhi (liquor/tobacco).

I agree Gurbani is clear not even to touch the bottle it comes in.   For me personally, I no longer work in any field that is objectionable. 

I will say that those Sikhs who do own those stores are hard working, know how to start businrsses, and treat their customers, and the homeless community way better than other stores. It's the Sikh run stores in my area where you'll see the restroom key handed to homeless people, a lot of decent enough foods for people struggling they can heat up there, the homless sleep outside of them at night and congregate at them, and it's the only place in my area they are respected enough to use the bathroom and wash up, or get a cheap hot drink etc. It was from a Pandari like that I was first handed Pearls of Sikhi and encouraged. I used to get my alcohol there, and sure enough, I couldn't stand to buy it from the Sadhar any more. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2021 at 4:16 PM, Jassu said:

paragagrwal1.jpeg.e16715e418d16b1848906b7526956109.jpegparagagrwal.jpeg.b273eb173d72c2680b40e11ca695fb29.jpeg

As more and more of these rich 'secular' Hindus come into power in the west, I have a bad feeling in my stomach for Sikhs everywhere... we have no influence in comparison. ?

https://www.indiatoday.in/technology/features/story/another-nri-ceo-meet-amrapali-gan-mumbai-born-ceo-of-adult-website-onlyfans-1891012-2021-12-22

Another NRI CEO: Meet Amrapali Gan, Mumbai-born CEO of adult website OnlyFans

Amrapali Gan is the latest in a long line of CEOs of major firms who have their roots in India. Here is what we know about the new CEO of OnlyFans, other than her Indian origin.

OnlyFans has appointed Amrapali "Ami" Gan as its new CEO after the company with over a billion-dollar valuation saw its founder Tim Stokely step off the helm to pursue other endeavours. 

Ami_Gan_3.jpg?Y8pZjlueOCcMjlx6y_ErIBlpdJ

Amrapali "Ami" Gan - CEO OnlyFans (Image: Instagram)