Twitter CTO Parag Agrawal will replace Jack Dorsey as CEO

36 minutes ago, Jassu said:

paragagrwal1.jpeg.e16715e418d16b1848906b7526956109.jpegparagagrwal.jpeg.b273eb173d72c2680b40e11ca695fb29.jpeg

As more and more of these rich 'secular' Hindus come into power in the west, I have a bad feeling in my stomach for Sikhs everywhere... we have no influence in comparison.¬†ūüė•

He is just a CEO, he will just follow the dictates of his masters. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

He is just a CEO, he will just follow the dictates of his masters. 

And who are the 'masters'? As more and more Hindus become successful (we see it happening in the US; Silicon Valley is overrun with Bania and Brahmin types), they'll be able to have more leverage in politics in the West which can directly impact & influence India. Also... his stance on the first amendment to free speech is dodgy imo.

11 minutes ago, Jassu said:

And who are the 'masters'? As more and more Hindus become successful (we see it happening in the US; Silicon Valley is overrun with Bania and Brahmin types), they'll be able to have more leverage in politics in the West which can directly impact & influence India. Also... his stance on the first amendment to free speech is dodgy imo.

The overarching masters who are pro-muslim /pro-LGBT/pro-trans /pro -green /pro-vegan /pro-paedophile /pro-china. 

You have to ask yourself the question  is that the pro-Hindutva types will also be hit if they they say anything that is anti-muslim/ anti-LGBT or even anti-China.

These "Brahmin / Bania" types  will have to tow the line.

• Like 1

It's that phenomenon I described a week or so ago: brown Western pappus with grievances against whitey (owing to Marxist brainwashing from the cradle) reaching for positions of authority, then using that power and status to enact typically vindictive policies that betray their innate brown-ness, lmao.

We, as Sikhs, will not benefit from these Hindus and Muslims attaining these prominent roles unless we songh their feet, because unless we're of the "All religions are equal" category of Sikh (basically, relinquish any sense of separateness from the other SE Asian faiths), these dirty 5hits will throw us into the same category as white nationalists and school shooters.

40 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The overarching masters who are pro-muslim /pro-LGBT/pro-trans /pro -green /pro-vegan /pro-paedophile /pro-china. 

You have to ask yourself the question  is that the pro-Hindutva types will also be hit if they they say anything that is anti-muslim/ anti-LGBT or even anti-China.

These "Brahmin / Bania" types  will have to tow the line.

I think Western (particularly American and Canadian) Hindus of Generation Y and later are more than willing to throw the Hindutva cause under the bus, because their Marxist creed carries more weight and relevance to their reality. You have to remember, Modi, for these types of high-status Western Indians has been characterized as the brown Trump. They can't be seen to be frothing at the mouth about Trumpler while letting apna Modi "genocide" Muslims. For some reason, UK Hindus are a little more cynical and less willing to turn on Modi and his cause (well, some of the slightly older ones in their 30s and 40s+) compared to their Atlantic counterparts who seemed to have let the American media set up residence in their brains, lol.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

It's that phenomenon I described a week or so ago: brown Western pappus with grievances against whitey (owing to Marxist brainwashing from the cradle) reaching for positions of authority, then using that power and status to enact typically vindictive policies that betray their innate brown-ness, lmao.

We, as Sikhs, will not benefit from these Hindus and Muslims attaining these prominent roles unless we songh their feet, because unless we're of the "All religions are equal" category of Sikh (basically, relinquish any sense of separateness from the other SE Asian faiths), these dirty 5hits will throw us into the same category as white nationalists and school shooters.

I think our problem is that we want a moral high-ground compared to each other, but to outsiders we want to seem like everything is good. So you have some fuddus who say that Halal and Namaaz should be allowed at a Gurdwara, but these same people will be saying that meat is against Sikhi and judging less devout Sikhs for doing less bani than them.

The problem with religious liberalism within Sikhi is that it has no base or foundation in anything, and more of a feel good way of viewing religion.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

I think Western (particularly American and Canadian) Hindus of Generation Y and later are more than willing to throw the Hindutva cause under the bus, because their Marxist creed carries more weight and relevance to their reality. You have to remember, Modi, for these types of high-status Western Indians has been characterized as the brown Trump. They can't be seen to be frothing at the mouth about Trumpler while letting apna Modi "genocide" Muslims. For some reason, UK Hindus are a little more cynical and less willing to turn on Modi and his cause (well, some of the slightly older ones in their 30s and 40s+) compared to their Atlantic counterparts who seemed to have let the American media set up residence in their brains, lol.

I think that UK Hindus probably have more of an understanding of the muslims like UK Sikhs compared to US Hindus, so there maybe some resonance for Modi. 

Though it seems that the most pro-Modi supporters are Gujeratis for obvious reasons.

The Gujju heartlands in the US are in places on the East Coast like New York/New Jersey and in the midwest like Chicago whereas the tech companies are more likely to be on the West Coast and will tend to be less Gujerati Centric with more South Indian types from Andhra Pradesh, Bangalore etc.

The HB1a visa has been so badly exploited by the IT types that this partly  explain why there are so many Indians working in the tech sector in Silicon Valley.

What you will notice even in the UK is that there has been a massive influx of Indian IT types which means the UK Hindu populace has become less Hindu Punjabi and Gujerati. You will now see more Tamils, Telugu, Bangalore, Keralites and Marathis. 

• Like 2

Sikhs lost the race in advancing in America. Non-sikh from India surpassed us just within just 15 years old migration in every field. White House has more non-sikh indian team - which never seen before. 

Sikhs stuck with sheep type mentality such as following in purchasing labor intensive businesses such as 7-11, subway, liquor stores, gas stations. Pretty much all goes against the basic principles of Sikhi (liquor/tobacco).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

The problem with religious liberalism within Sikhi is that it has no base or foundation in anything, and more of a feel good way of viewing religion.

There's certainly a liberal (for want of a better word) aspect to Sikhi that shouldn't be erased or ignored. It's part of our beliefs for sure, and there is a place for it. But it's much more complex than clinging to leftwing or right-wing ideals. It's also NOT about sitting on the fence which is what most people incorrectly interpret something to be when someone says an ideology is neither left nor right. It's about applying behaviour (or responding) contextually as a situation demands. 

1 hour ago, S1ngh said:

Sikhs lost the race in advancing in America. Non-sikh from India surpassed us just within just 15 years old migration in every field. White House has more non-sikh indian team - which never seen before. 

Sikhs stuck with sheep type mentality such as following in purchasing labor intensive businesses such as 7-11, subway, liquor stores, gas stations. Pretty much all goes against the basic principles of Sikhi (liquor/tobacco).

South Indians are on average more education focused than most people regardless of religion. They send their bache to spelling bees and all that. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jacfsing2 said:

South Indians are on average more education focused than most people regardless of religion. They send their bache to spelling bees and all that. 

South Indians are also mild mannered and calm which makes for a potent mix in the ideal corporate employee. 

I have met quite a few of these types whilst working in IT myself. There is no comparison between them and anyone from other parts as they are also the cream of their batch so highly intelligent and efficient. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, S1ngh said:

I agree Gurbani is clear not even to touch the bottle it comes in.   For me personally, I no longer work in any field that is objectionable. 

I will say that those Sikhs who do own those stores are hard working, know how to start businrsses, and treat their customers, and the homeless community way better than other stores. It's the Sikh run stores in my area where you'll see the restroom key handed to homeless people, a lot of decent enough foods for people struggling they can heat up there, the homless sleep outside of them at night and congregate at them, and it's the only place in my area they are respected enough to use the bathroom and wash up, or get a cheap hot drink etc. It was from a Pandari like that I was first handed Pearls of Sikhi and encouraged. I used to get my alcohol there, and sure enough, I couldn't stand to buy it from the Sadhar any more. 

• Like 1