Dead zameer (conscience)

TuhadaDaas

2 hours ago, TuhadaDaas said:

There is a new Muslim bhangra singer from UK called Raf Saperra. Not only has he made a music video where he is lusting after and flirting with a Sikh girl who has a prominently displayed kada, but the song has been produced by so called Sikh Sukhshinder Shinda and the background of the video is full of so called Sikhs wearing kaday, egging on the Muslim singer to flirt with the Sikh girl and sing about her lustfully.

Astonishingly there is an old Baba with a long white dhari and white dastaar in the video as well. 

I have not seen one comment on the YouTube page that is concerned about this.

I have also noticed that as part of his image in general this singer has avoided highlighting he is a Muslim, only reluctantly alluding to being from West Pakistan during an interview when asked.  Instead our so called Sikh people are all backing him up and featuring in his videos wearing huge kaday while holding alcohol bottles. There is a blurring of lines here with regards to identity which is normally used by this group to take advantage of our people. Our own people are stupidly helping this cause.

There are a few of his bhangra videos which also feature smoking (Muslim Pakistani  culture) which will probably confuse Apne thickos into thinking this is now a normal part of our own culture.

They are making bhangra videos without making it clear they are Muslims and subtly putting their own culture into it.

What has happened to these people's zameer?

This is the video. 

Is that Surrinder Shinda in the video?

On 12/2/2021 at 9:46 PM, TuhadaDaas said:

been produced by so called Sikh Sukhshinder Shinda and the background of the video is full of so called Sikhs wearing kaday, egging on the Muslim singer to flirt with the Sikh girl and sing about her lustfully.

This is the video. 

On 12/3/2021 at 12:07 AM, Jacfsing2 said:

Is that Surrinder Shinda in the video?

Nope

On 12/2/2021 at 9:46 PM, TuhadaDaas said:

There is a new Muslim bhangra singer from UK called Raf Saperra. Not only has he made a music video where he is lusting after and flirting with a Sikh girl who has a prominently displayed kada, but the song has been produced by so called Sikh Sukhshinder Shinda and the background of the video is full of so called Sikhs wearing kaday, egging on the Muslim singer to flirt with the Sikh girl and sing about her lustfully.

Astonishingly there is an old Baba with a long white dhari and white dastaar in the video as well. 

I have not seen one comment on the YouTube page that is concerned about this.

I have also noticed that as part of his image in general this singer has avoided highlighting he is a Muslim, only reluctantly alluding to being from West Pakistan during an interview when asked.  Instead our so called Sikh people are all backing him up and featuring in his videos wearing huge kaday while holding alcohol bottles. There is a blurring of lines here with regards to identity which is normally used by this group to take advantage of our people. Our own people are stupidly helping this cause.

There are a few of his bhangra videos which also feature smoking (Muslim Pakistani  culture) which will probably confuse Apne thickos into thinking this is now a normal part of our own culture.

They are making bhangra videos without making it clear they are Muslims and subtly putting their own culture into it.

What has happened to these people's zameer?

This is the video. 

A few screenshots of the video

image.thumb.png.2c2cda5f44cd678217e563f030a33007.png

image.thumb.png.fda93ee3e22383ecefdc2388df91caff.png

Muslim Video Director

I have scanned through the video, not all of it, but yes, your points about karas etc are correct.

I don't know if there is any hidden agenda, but I am aware that in the UK Punjabi music industry Pakistani singers are generally less successful/popular if people are aware they are Pakistani. So maybe that's part of it .

But these 'artists' like Shinda are sellouts, I agree

image.thumb.png.4e610df3c02bb4168b6e339730c2f76c.png

image.thumb.png.c79f5ad83ea70b862eabbb7d08bfddb2.png

Sukshinder Shinda is supporting him big time

•  

2 hours ago, Premi5 said:

@TuhadaDaaswhere are you , Ji?

@dallysingh101I would really like  your view on this thread please 

Bro, it (yet again!!) perfectly illustrates what a lot of us feel unpalatable about big segments of the bhangra/Panjabi music industry and their portrayal of Sikhs. It's encouraging behaviour that is not good for our people. It's not complicated. 

Thing with media (especially video/movie portrayals) is that they DO influence the behaviour of the people watching them, especially young impressionable females. This isn't even a secret, I remember a Social Psychology lecture I went to, and the female lecturer explicitly stated that that is what research clearly points at. I think this knowledge is so common now, that people use this when creating media. I've spoken to well educated, professional female friends, and they've outright said: "Women can be manipulated into doing all manner of things by simply glamourising the behaviour in media."

And we got people here crying because some of us talk about and highlight such stuff. 

Thing is, if we then subsequently have problems in the community with promiscuity down the line, can we really blame outsiders when some of our own are essentially normalising such behaviour in the media they create?  It's bad enough we've got outsiders trying to push us this way and that through their media, what excuse do we have for our own doing it? The 'fruits' of this stuff doesn't fully manifest until the watchers are grown up - then everyone is crying about it, dimwittedly not acknowledging how our own 'modern' culture helped get us there in the first place.  

On 12/4/2021 at 1:20 AM, Premi5 said:

Well, he's also promoting alcohol it seems, which is more of an Indian Punjabi thing

https://britasia.tv/raf-saperra-teases-debut-single-with-glassy-riddim/

Raf-Glasssy-Riddim-promo-poster-with-date-696x1237.jpg

Is he any worse than 'our' Punjabi artists (this came up on the side when searching 

image.jpeg.f7518cbeda13f61ffa473851c2e05698.jpeg

Singh, Anything wrong with AP dhillon and his group? I think they are ok if compared with others ?