Sikh Community in Iran

Premi5

2 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Iranians are wonderful people, moreso Western ones. I know a few, and even with my critical eye, you can sense by reading between the lines that Islamic doctrine is just so removed from their natural, relaxed Persian demeanour, that it's an absolute tragedy that particular belief system was foisted upon them centuries ago.

They did a smart one though, and created their own flavour - Shia. 

3 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Iranians are wonderful people, moreso Western ones. I know a few, and even with my critical eye, you can sense by reading between the lines that Islamic doctrine is just so removed from their natural, relaxed Persian demeanour, that it's an absolute tragedy that particular belief system was foisted upon them centuries ago.

Perhaps that's the reason they were overcome within 15 years. What happened to their defences? 

34 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

It's like being presented with a choice of what disease to contract: Cancer or Ebola. No to both, lol.

Well, originally they (Persians) must have (obviously and logically) encountered the fervent, arab, extreme sunni strain that they couldn't fight off victoriously (I'm sure they tried?). I guess the shia thing is the result of being subjugated, and then later compromising what was forced upon them?

43 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Well, originally they (Persians) must have (obviously and logically) encountered the fervent, arab, extreme sunni strain that they couldn't fight off victoriously (I'm sure they tried?). I guess the shia thing is the result of being subjugated, and then later compromising what was forced upon them?

Shia do seem to relish trolling the Sunni. There's hilarious footage on YouTube of Middle Eastern TV programmes where Shia callers phone up Sunni TV cooking shows and similar programmes and indulge in what Sunni would say is total blasphemy. It's funny because it's done in such a clever way where the caller pretends to be a fellow Muslim, but then just comes out with absolute gandh about certain Islamic personalities, lol.

9 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Shia do seem to relish trolling the Sunni. There's hilarious footage on YouTube of Middle Eastern TV programmes where Shia callers phone up Sunni TV cooking shows and similar programmes and indulge in what Sunni would say is total blasphemy. It's funny because it's done in such a clever way where the caller pretends to be a fellow Muslim, but then just comes out with absolute gandh about certain Islamic personalities, lol.

You should point some out for us, I've never seen such stuff? 

5 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

They do not fight for or care about their true roots - Zoroastrianism, anymore. They're clueless. I wouldn't associate with them since they're a very materialistic and Godless people. They lack soul.

19 minutes ago, Jassu said:

They do not fight for or care about their true roots - Zoroastrianism, anymore. They're clueless. I wouldn't associate with them since they're a very materialistic and Godless people. They lack soul.

Oh okay, but random atheist Dutch blokes are okay to associate with though.......you're making us laugh!!