Do these beauty contests degrade women?

shastarSingh

1 hour ago, SikhKosh said:

Dhadris katha on this subject was cringeworthy.

Look at how this Muslim participant at the same event did not bow down to wear a bikini while our Sikh girl was showing off her body on a stage knowing her Sardar father and family would be seeing the visuals. Sharam dharam ke deyra door, Nanak koorh reha bharpoor.

I preferred staying with muslim girls in uni because they had morals and boundaries unlike your typical punjabi alcoholic girls.

On 1/6/2022 at 5:52 PM, Jacfsing2 said:

If East Asians barely attack anyone; their racism impacts nobody. If whites are actually using racism to justify attacking people; then their racism holds actual weight in the world. By physical violence, it is safer to be a black person in Japan, Korea, and China, then it is to be an Indian in America, UK, and Canada. 

Yes but it's easier for an Indian to get a good job and better life in America, UK and Canada than Japan, Korea and China.

Europeans and those of European origin are just more violent than East Asians. They are even violent towards themselves.

On 1/7/2022 at 12:07 AM, 5aaban said:

I agree, we're becoming more panthic. I know much more about Sikhi and Sikh history than people from my parent's generation. Many of the Sikhs from that generation are liberal, all religions are one types who don't know much about our history and they continue to teach the same watered down version of Sikhi to the children. 

I don't know if that's entirely correct. I know that generation, some of them were at the forefront of pushing Sikh issues in the UK, challenging grooming when it didn't even have a name then. Dealing with the overt racism of the times. Highlighting 84 before there was even an internet. Trying to bring change in Gurdwaras too (like katha in english). Progress has been slow but it looks like we've reached some significant point now? 

But what has happened since those days though, is that our grasp of Sikhi and Sikh ithihaas outside of the colonial 'Sikhism' has shot up. Some people's linguistic skills have also shot up, and we've got an increased interest in puratan texts, which used to get slated off as bahmanvaad previously. Important Sikh texts that were inaccessible to the masses only a few decades ago have been translated as well, and we can access a lot of this stuff for free on the internet. This has happened because some people have cared.  

18 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I don't if that's entirely correct. I know that generation, some of them were at the forefront of pushing Sikh issues in the UK, challenging grooming when it didn't even have a name then. Dealing with the overt racism of the times. Highlighting 84 before there was even an internet. Trying to bring change in Gurdwaras too (like katha in english). Progress has been slow but it looks like we've reached some significant point now? 

But what has happened since those days though, is that our grasp of Sikhi and Sikh ithihaas outside of the colonial 'Sikhism' has shot up. Some people's linguistic skills have also shot up, and we've got an increased interest in puratan texts, which used to get slated off as bahmanvaad previously. Important Sikh texts that were inaccessible to the masses only a few decades ago have been translated as well, and we can access a lot of this stuff for free on the internet. This has happened because some people have cared.  

Sikhi online is in a very good state. Har Kirpa! We really have everything we need to agree on a broad foundation of things. 

On 1/6/2022 at 4:34 PM, proudkaur21 said:

people were living fine in their own nations until a certain group of people felt compelled to go around and get rich through other people's resources . Punjabis didnt go around stealing up biharis resources and the migration that happens in punjab is way different. Most of these western countries literally get so many good talents from around the world that keep developing their countries while our places gonna remain stagnant. Its not even comparable. And im not talking about illegal migrants because i believe no country should take illegal migrants.

The reason why those migrants are neither legitimized or kept out is they provide slave labor and often pay taxes to someone else social. Big business wins and if we wanted to hold anyone accountable legally it's them. Then you'd see the imigration dry up a lot. We should remember, except both surviving native americans, we are all guests or invaders.

And the the mexicans and other central and south american people who get the most flack are at least from here, albeit mixed now. 

I always say, the sight of native americans gets you down go home to europe. 

And if you want to fix it, fix it at the top where it's financed. 

And as first world nations, quote unquote, we're usually responsible for destabilizing these areas where people are having to refugee from. 

On 1/6/2022 at 4:50 PM, proudkaur21 said:

Yeah i agree with you. They usually marry high status people from other groups when they know they wont be able to find high status whites to marry them. You can see it from all famous poc people and who they are married to. I mean cant even blame them. Pocs be getting treated worse than their dogs and still lick their feet. But offcourse not all think like that but i do think majority of whites know about these pocs worshipping the ground they walk on lmaoo and take advantage of that.I mean if you ever see online discussion by white men they will say if they dont get any women in their countries they will just go to asia or latin america and get treated like kings lol. I used to know these two latin american chicks in high school and lets say everything you said is right. They are obsessed with race and status and offcourse white men.

Yeah just wait a minute, women like that outgrow their usefulness real quick. Then it's on to the next one that you put less miles on. In the ignorance of yourh a lot of things appear to be working out for people but you fast forward even just a few years in a young person's life and see where their decisions have taken them and it's a much different picture a much less appealing picture. Ones that managed to marry a white guy doesn't mean that they're really happy doesn't mean he doesn't have an airtight prenuptial. Doesn't mean they're not just a sex slave basically while he goes off and participates with as many others as he likes. If someone's able to morally bypass themselves and abandon their culture to let some fat white dude with a bit of cash sweat on top of them so they can have some mixed up kids more power to em. 

Have you seen Melania Trump? She's married to one of the richest men in the world, a former so-called president of the united states and she still looks like... I want to whisper at the TV.. blink three times if you need us to save you. 

My best advice to all is increase your Sharda, only participate in Anand Karaj, and from the beginning set about being counseled by other older couples in the Sangat. Because just all the western garbage and media influence you're going to have to purge from your mind is a lot and it's really hard to do if you don't have an outside perspective that's grounded and functioning. Also hard without extended family. 

It's almost impossible to make a modern household work truly without sacrificing something.  

The ego expectations of man and woman both have been so inflated by the media, so encouraged in a selfish direction, and our idea of family roles, and how they function, comes from such a broken entertainment society that we have little chance of replicating it, and we don't even know what to replicate because we haven't seen a healthy relationship. Just fake ones on TV and movies.

I mean who wants to be chaste with their partner and raise children, which is difficult and expensive, and work hard? When according to the reality of the news media etc, there's a whole world of jets, and sex, drugs rock and roll, just waiting for you you're all rich free white and 21 forever. An endless string of people to have sex with. All you have to do is abandon your morals. I mean where have we heard that narrative before? 

If I woke up from a coma and this, you know, last however many years in my life was just a dream, and I was a boy again. The first thing I would do is wake up and ask for Sikhi. 

The second thing I would do, would be make a list of people not to associate with, behaviors not to associate with. I would never touch alcohol I would never date. 

I would try and get to a certain person before life did. 

I would immediately pair Aikido and scientific inquiry with my practice of Gurmat. 

I would immediately prepare myself for Anand Karaj at a young age. 

I would immediately plug into the Paanth and begin preparing for Dharam Yudh. 

If we were preparing our children properly academically, as far as how it seemed to me when I learned things, I could have very easily by 13 if not sooner, have mastered all the lies that a high school education represents. The math and science if taught from birth are mastered well well before then or by that age if you're actually doing repetition and you actually have a tutor. Our youth could gain a lot of life experience from 13 till 18, already have families, or be prepared to have one without fear of consequence, and with a little bit of support easily go to school still and get the higher degrees if that's even necessary for them. 

Human beings at a certain age start getting really interested in each other, and it leads to children, and there's a reason why our ancestors set about a successful path before us, so that when we hit that age, we'd be going the right direction. So that we wouldn't make a bunch of mistakes during our formative years make ourselves essentially unworthy of Anand Karaj before considering it in our grown adolescence of today. 

Just because birth control etc prevents a number of pregnancies and disease kind of, it does not prevent you from destroying yourself on a moral or an energy level, while participating in these things. 

Having lived my life, and no matter how good, quote, it may have been for a lot of it. I would readily turn my back on all of it and have. There really is no amount of sex in the world that's going to satisfy you, it in fact becomes less and less satisfying. The only sex worth having is the natural intimate kind free of birth control and outside whatnot with the one person that you're supposed to have it. 

Forget the exact quote but if you're going to play the game of life with the Guru you should choose a committed person to be your partner.