Depression

kcmidlands

On 12/19/2021 at 11:01 PM, Singh375 said:

Very very sad news

It’s the apaar kirpa and compassion of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, daas found something special in this life. Went through hard things like grieving, bullying at school, depression and attempting suicide. Sangat ji daas isn’t even from a Sikhi background at all, nor from an area with much Sikhi. By his kirpa kept doing mool mantar, then age 16 darshan happened. Guru Sahib Ji personally gave daas jugat of dasam duar.

Past few years daas has lived very gupat remaining hidden from the world. Only people in my life now are parents, work colleagues and few family friends. Life is very isolated and lonely.

There’s a huge opportunity to write guidance on naam simran covering current issues - depression, mental health, suicide, social media too!

Hopefully in around 1 week new project could be ready to share now. 

I'm glad you found your way out of darkness and that your path was made easier by Sikhi.

I think a lot more can and should be done in out community, there's been a few prominent Sikhs on social media (UK) that have set things up to make it easier for Sikh men to have an outlet and discuss their problems but i don't think they will last that long, they'll be a flash in the pan until the next unfortunate incident where one of ours takes his (ore even her) life.

I find it disappointing that we now have upwards of 4 Sikh tv stations here in the UK and not one of them mentioned what happened with this young man so it could lead to more discussion and maybe help others, it seems they're too busy promoting their own causes and asking or money.