Sikh/Punjabi names

Jassu

Just now, justasking said:

Guru Arjun was hindu? Shangara also Sikh name u r  a confused guy

Arjun is a Hindu name and I don’t want Hindu names like Shiva Arjun or whatever I want pure Punjabi Sikh names original ones, those with Persian influence like Mirza and Fateh and Zorawar are ok too

Boy: Karam, Ajaib, Sher, Dharam, Jawahar, Khazan, Darshan, Ala, Amar, Himmat, Gurditta, Fateh, Kehar, Kapur, Manna, Shamsher, Rattan, Attar, Gian, Kartar, Nihal, Didar, Jassa, Jaimal, Hukam, Duleep, Hakam, Suhej, Bhajan, Wazir, Pahar, Puran, Sahib, Sohail, Mahan, Tara, Jodh, Sham, Anokh, Bahadar, Heera, Makhan, Kirat, Nirmal, Naib, Sewak, Ishar, Kharak, Dhian, Dilbagh, Charat, Ajit, Nahar 

Girl: Jind, Jindan, Mehtab, Sada, Resham, Desaan, Sukhan, Dani, Bhani, Datar, Basant, Karam/Karmo, Dyal, Daya, Bhag/Bhago, Gulab, Chand, Sahib, Raj, Khem, Bhag-bhari, Rattan, Amro, Dhan, Daler, Sharan, Saher, Jito, Saman

On 12/19/2021 at 5:01 PM, Suchi said:

Why are you particularly attached/attracted to Muslim/Sufi names? Those that were responsible for the genocide of Indians and still are? Sufis are still involved in the abduction/love jihad of young girls not from their community. Afghans have just expelled all of the remaining Sikhs/Hindus under threat of forced conversion. 

Or is this a symptom of your ADHD/Bipolar disorder?

Might be some form of Stockholm syndrome? 

On 12/19/2021 at 5:25 AM, Jassu said:

Arjun is a Hindu name and I don’t want Hindu names like Shiva Arjun or whatever I want pure Punjabi Sikh names original ones, those with Persian influence like Mirza and Fateh and Zorawar are ok too

God’s light on earth was once named “Arjun”. ?

I think @Jassuis interested in names without prefix or suffix, which is most most Sikhs have in their name, including me

I like those names as well, and I think she wants names which go against the current trend of more 'Hindu' names.

Btw, what does everyone think of naming a child 'Arjan' - I don't think we should have names based on our Gurus, Sahibzade or Panj Piayre. 

And should think twice about naming after other important Puratan or recent Sikhs who most will struggle to be anything close to. I understand the parents' intentions when naming the child, but disagree. 

I know many Christians (in non Anglo countries like Spain, Portugal, Africa) name their child after Jesus and Muslims name kids after Mohammed, but I disagree that Sikhs should do similar.