India's Four Religions Should Be Together

Dayalkaurkhalsa

18 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I tHink you're being a little overly hopeful. My take on this phenomena is this is typical Islamic tricks. They pander and flatter to get our guard down, and then they sweep in with their tried and tested conversion tactics.

Well, maybe I could be hopeful.

But I have been watching a some youtube channels of some well known Raggis. They did this tour of Pakistan Gurdwaras, it was quite eye opening.

For all the yatris that come from India and elsewhere, there are a lot of Sangat there that were the native Pakistan non-Sikh population (and not just the Hindus in Sindh). There were muslims doing kirtan and some of them read Bani.

I could not quite understand it.

Something quite weird, it seems that grassroots Pakistanis seems to be quite open to Bani but it seems that their Ulema will find it threatening.

If you think about it, the average Pakistani will understand Bani quite naturally whereas none of them can speak or understand Arabic.

Maybe I am looking too much into it.

58 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Well, maybe I could be hopeful.

But I have been watching a some youtube channels of some well known Raggis. They did this tour of Pakistan Gurdwaras, it was quite eye opening.

For all the yatris that come from India and elsewhere, there are a lot of Sangat there that were the native Pakistan non-Sikh population (and not just the Hindus in Sindh). There were muslims doing kirtan and some of them read Bani.

I could not quite understand it.

Something quite weird, it seems that grassroots Pakistanis seems to be quite open to Bani but it seems that their Ulema will find it threatening.

If you think about it, the average Pakistani will understand Bani quite naturally whereas none of them can speak or understand Arabic.

Maybe I am looking too much into it.

I really recommend watching Mardana Project youtube channel. They actually go and meet some muslim keertanis, and I think some of them are Mardana's descendants. Some of these muslim murids are actually keeping Raag maeyada maryada which nowadays even Singhs are too lazy to keep and may even become argumentative over! 

16 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

I really recommend watching Mardana Project youtube channel. They actually go and meet some muslim keertanis, and I think some of them are Mardana's descendants. Some of these muslim murids are actually keeping Raag maeyada which nowadays even Singhs are too lazy to keep and may even become argumentative over! 

I've seen their videos. They seem like usual liberal dimwits to be honest. They love to highlight the fact that Mirasis used to do Kirtan in Durbar Sahib pre-1947 but do not delve too deeply into why we should again allow  those who follow a Manmat in their daily lives to do Kirtan in our most holiest of Gurdwaras? These Mirasis do kurliyan after the sing Kirtan so that they can 'clean' their mouths after they have sung 'kafir' verses. These dimwits of Mardana project gloss over this fact and the gora guy even tries to justify this because they live in an Islamic society. As as I said total liberal dimwits. 

22 minutes ago, proactive said:

I've seen their videos. They seem like usual liberal dimwits to be honest. They love to highlight the fact that Mirasis used to do Kirtan in Durbar Sahib pre-1947 but do not delve too deeply into why we should again allow  those who follow a Manmat in their daily lives to do Kirtan in our most holiest of Gurdwaras? These Mirasis do kurliyan after the sing Kirtan so that they can 'clean' their mouths after they have sung 'kafir' verses. These dimwits of Mardana project gloss over this fact and the gora guy even tries to justify this because they live in an Islamic society. As as I said total liberal dimwits. 

true, so why not instead us sikhs try to preserve the maryada ourselves instead of relying on others?

1 minute ago, proactive said:

Is that all you got from my post?

What are your views on the true nature of these Mirasis who make money from Kirtan and yet do a kurli after they sing it? If you didn't know that already then you are ignorant and should not even be commenting of this issue, if you knew about it and yet are willing to gloss over this then that makes it even worse. 

I heard about the Mirasis that visited Harimandir Sahib, no idea about the ones who perform keertan in Pakistan. I am not willing to gloss over these facts. However I am also not willing to gloss over the facts that Singhs aren't trying much to preserve keertan maryada, whereas there are mirasis and naamdharis doing so...

3 minutes ago, proactive said:

Here is someone who has SIKH SAROOP who has been preserving our musical heritage and who has taken back his support of the Mardana Project.

of course, but not enough Singhs are trying to do this. I have seen Raj Academy, Jawaadi Taksal, Baru Sahib and Singhs interviewed on Mardana Project. Even with all those organisations and groups, it's still a small minority inside the visible sikh panth.