82% of Sikh youth pray - could we be turning the corner

proactive

Interesting survey done in India and sponsored by a German organisation.

Could we be turning the corner and becoming more religious and less secular.  I have also seen how Sikhs are now getting more religious especially in the west and maybe now the trend is being mirrored in India. 

82% Sikh youth pray frequently, highly religious compared to others, shows CSDS-Lokniti survey (theprint.in)

11 minutes ago, SikhKosh said:

I do not agree completely on the Pak Muslim angle. While we have to be aware of the Pak Muslims and the agenda of ISI (them utilizing Sikhs against India), these renewed relations can be used by visionary Sikh leaders for many purposes (many of which should not be discussed on public forums). This is a tricky one, needs a different approach than the renewed Sikh-Jaat relations but can yield positive results if done properly:

- Rebuilding other Gurdwaras, historical places related to Sikhs, recovering Gurdwaras that were converted into schools and so on, organising exhibitions and increasing awareness of Sikh rule and Sikh past of Pakistan for the general population (this is being acknowledged by Pak Muslims much more than before - there are restaurants with Sikh historical paintings in Lahore and so on). 

- increase of parchar among non Muslim Pakistanis (Hindus and Christians) with state 'approval'

- Focusing on Pakistani (Muslim) Juts and other common castes, not for conversion, but creation of cultural organisations (Unionist Mission, and so on) for exchanging ideas, and so on thus increasing their overall closeness to the Sikh cause. I have talked to many Pakistani Juts, many of whom have Sikh ancestry, and they have a soft corner for Sikhs being Juts and consider themselves different to other Pak Muslims.

Machiavelli seems of the mind you cannot or should not ally with anyone more powerful than you are. Because you become sacrificial in their war, and if you do help them win, you cannot defeat them, so you've signed on for subjegation. 

I am not saying Sikhs to go protest against CAA, support Muslims against every Hindutva move, I am not saying that we have to condemn the Hindu right wing for every move (especially if their move is beneficial for Sikhs) but we have to start taking carefully calculated steps where we do not become subjugated, cannon fodder for either India or Pakistan but maintain our own identity, remain neutral and yet let both Hindus and Muslims feel they need us and are close to us. It is time for us to learn from Chanakya Niti and stop being emotional fools.

24 minutes ago, SikhKosh said:

I do not agree completely on the Pak Muslim angle. While we have to be aware of the Pak Muslims and the agenda of ISI (them utilizing Sikhs against India), these renewed relations can be used by visionary Sikh leaders for many purposes (many of which should not be discussed on public forums). This is a tricky one, needs a different approach than the renewed Sikh-Jaat relations but can yield positive results if done properly:

- Rebuilding other Gurdwaras, historical places related to Sikhs, recovering Gurdwaras that were converted into schools and so on, organising exhibitions and increasing awareness of Sikh rule and Sikh past of Pakistan for the general population (this is being acknowledged by Pak Muslims much more than before - there are restaurants with Sikh historical paintings in Lahore and so on). 

- increase of parchar among non Muslim Pakistanis (Hindus and Christians) with state 'approval'

- Focusing on Pakistani (Muslim) Juts and other common castes, not for conversion, but creation of cultural organisations (Unionist Mission, and so on) for exchanging ideas, and so on thus increasing their overall closeness to the Sikh cause. I have talked to many Pakistani Juts, many of whom have Sikh ancestry, and they have a soft corner for Sikhs being Juts and consider themselves different to other Pak Muslims.

Indian and Pakistani Panjab already have 'friendly' relationship. But that has not stopped destruction of some historical Gurdware, forced conversions and 'love jihad' and allowing preachers to speak hatefully about Sikhs.

Sikhs will always have to watch their back. Trust cannot be given to them freely and fully. 

Why did their ancestors become Muslim ? Why do they not convert back to Sikhi ?