82% of Sikh youth pray - could we be turning the corner

proactive

If there are chances of a civil war in the cow belt, there are equal chances of Pak disintegrating. While I agree that the bulk of our energy and resources should go into the Jaats and Dharmics, we should not ignore Pak Punjab because with proper presence we can undo some of the mistakes made in 1947 and before.

By the way, when I said Pak Juts and others I meant all castes that have shared surnames (gotras) across the border, so also Rajputs, Khatris and so on. I have noticed Pak Muslims with common castes with us usually use their gotra while others do not (be it the Dhillons Virks or the Minhas Bhatti or Aroras).

38 minutes ago, SikhKosh said:

Everything you say is true, but the Pak Govt response to the incidents, despite being an Islamic republic, were pretty decent and swift. We all know they have an hidden agenda to use Sikhs, but we have to be smarter than both them and the Hindus and play our cards well.

This is untrue. The Pakistan govt if they wanted could have made the Muslim family hand the daughter of the Granthi back, but they did want to do that so they want through the pretence  of sending her to an Islamic refuge where each and every functionary would have bullied her and made her believe that if she did not stay with the Muslim then her family would be killed. They then went though the motions of saying that they were following her wish to stay with the Muslim abductor. 

5 minutes ago, SikhKosh said:

If there are chances of a civil war in the cow belt, there are equal chances of Pak disintegrating. While I agree that the bulk of our energy and resources should go into the Jaats and Dharmics, we should not ignore Pak Punjab because with proper presence we can undo some of the mistakes made in 1947 and before.

By the way, when I said Pak Juts and others I meant all castes that have shared surnames (gotras) across the border, so also Rajputs, Khatris and so on. I have noticed Pak Muslims with common castes with us usually use their gotra while others do not (be it the Dhillons Virks or the Minhas Bhatti or Aroras).

Muslim Rajputs will never ally with us. They were virtually wiped out in the Malwa in 1947 and they have no affinity with us. If 70 years of Hindu rule in India could not convince the Muslims of India to reconvert back to Hinduism, these people will hardly convert to Sikhism when there is no pressure to. We missed our chance to convert them to Sikhi during the rule of Maharaja Ranjit Singh. At that time they had only been Muslims for a few generations and reconverting them would have been easier. Now there is no hope and any alliance with them would only lead to our weakness. 

As I wrote above the Jats who have affinity with us are less than a million and in a sea of 200 million people their help if they even chose to help us would be worth nothing. 

Our aim should be to follow the prophecy of the Uggaradanti which foresaw the supplanting of both Islam and Hinduism in Hindustan (north India) by the Khalsa. 

27 minutes ago, proactive said:

This is untrue. The Pakistan govt if they wanted could have made the Muslim family hand the daughter of the Granthi back, but they did want to do that so they want through the pretence  of sending her to an Islamic refuge where each and every functionary would have bullied her and made her believe that if she did not stay with the Muslim then her family would be killed. They then went though the motions of saying that they were following her wish to stay with the Muslim abductor. 

You could be right, I have stopped following the details of these love jihad news because in many cases in the end it turns out that our 'own' girls were complicit as well. Such as the case where Pak journalist Harmeet Singh's younger brother was killed. It turns out his fiancée had an affair with a Muslim guy and they both decided to get rid of him. I nowhere support Muslim grooming but somehow we as Sikhs have also lost our notion of anakh (self respect) and izzat (honor) and our openness lets our girls become friendly with these strangers who in turn brainwash them from a young age.

Anyhow, all I remember was that the fat sullah doing the hate speech in Nankana Sahib was put behind bars swiftly, the Maharaja Ranjit Singh statue vandalisers as well. I miss the same swiftness (even if only for show) in India.

Others than that I do not wish to argue with a fellow brother for Paks or muslay. So lets just leave the Pak Punjabi Muslim angle at this. 

There problem is that we are stuck between an antiqued leadership that controls our gurdwara institutions and up-and-coming self-destructive liberal types. The Pakistanis and Hindustanis are playing football with us because we can’t seem to find an independent and secure footing in our panthic-level policies.  That’s why you will get Sirsa (who has done great things for us) and Captain obliging their superiors by shooting off on Imran Khan and ISI. The same happens from the Pak side with those scared souls of our microscopic community that get used for anti-india propaganda.

Maybe we just don’t have enough shrewd and capable people in our community to steer the ship?