Kirpans in USA

Guest Singh Singh

Guest Singh Singh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Are sikhs allowed to carry the Kirpan in the USA? Is there any limit to the length of the Kirpan? Are Kirpans allowed in Ohio and Ohio Schools?

19 hours ago, Guest Singh Singh said:

Are sikhs allowed to carry the Kirpan in the USA? Is there any limit to the length of the Kirpan? Are Kirpans allowed in Ohio and Ohio Schools?

It's a protected article of faith. 

Never deviate from that. 

Knife and weapon laws are far too vague and subject to interpretation and bias. Especially concealed ones. 

I'd like the Khalsa us knowledge though. 

Guest Singh Singh

I have one more question, can an Amritdhari Sikh wear a Pesh Kabz? For Example, an Amritdhari Sikh who wears a kirtan takes off their kirpan and puts on a Pesh Kabz and then later takes off the Pesh Kabz and puts the kirpan back on. is this allowed, does the Pesh Kabz count as kakkar?

2 hours ago, Guest Singh Singh said:

I have one more question, can an Amritdhari Sikh wear a Pesh Kabz? For Example, an Amritdhari Sikh who wears a kirtan takes off their kirpan and puts on a Pesh Kabz and then later takes off the Pesh Kabz and puts the kirpan back on. is this allowed, does the Pesh Kabz count as kakkar?

I googled that and it is islamic type which is same as kirpan look. What difference does it make (same size/type etc)? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pesh-kabz 

On 12/25/2021 at 6:23 AM, Guest Singh Singh said:

I believe in Texas you are allowed to carry swords, but double check this.

7 hours ago, Guest Singh Singh said:

A Singh is supposed to wear a full length kripaan sword really. The small kripaan is a compromise which was brought about during colonial times, and is actually a similar size of a kard. So I guess a pesh kabz or kard can count as a replacement in places where you are only allowed to wear small kirpaan, but generally we are supposed to wear big kripaan, and should do this wherever we are allowed to!

5 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

I believe in Texas you are allowed to carry swords, but double check this.

A Singh is supposed to wear a full length kripaan sword really. The small kripaan is a compromise which was brought about during colonial times, and is actually a similar size of a kard. So I guess a pesh kabz or kard can count as a replacement in places where you are only allowed to wear small kirpaan, but generally we are supposed to wear big kripaan, and should do this wherever we are allowed to!

Should be able to all over us provided it isn't concealed. Then it's a felony. Kakkars should be protected but that's a tricky area to navigate. 

15 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

More than that. A Singh was supposed to have panj hathiaars. 

Amen bro. I'm not sure we can in us unless they're all visible. Figting the concealed wepon charges beyond Kirpan could be tricky as strongly as I feel all weapons are protected. Just understand you might be signing yourself up to be the champion of that fight if you go around stuffing too many Shastar.