People mainly Bhappas using Kartarpur corridor for shopping

proactive

13 minutes ago, proactive said:

What are your views of these kinds of people who use the Kartarpur corridor to go shopping in Pakistan? You can never change some people especially the Bhappas, they look at everything in money terms. 

sounds a little 'casteist' but at least you call a spade a spade  ?

Disagree with it btw (the shopping) - unless they spent the remainder of the time doing Gurdware Darshan....

16 minutes ago, proactive said:

Maybe I should have said, urban types but if you know anything about India then you would know that I meant Bhappas anyway. Personally I think rural people are less likely to use the Kartarpur corridor for shopping, they go there due to Shardha while urban types go there to shop. 

They're probably more aware of the non-Dharmic tourism opportunities, and they have more money so a lower threshold to go visit. 

I think we need to be careful using 'bhappa' as it is derogatory really . Maybe 'shehar-wale'  or 'shehri' would be better ?

59 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

sounds a little 'casteist'

Its not casteist. It's a cultural thing. I m from jatt family but I never say anything bad about saini, kamboh,ramgariye or chamaar brothers but I hv had very bad experiences with bhappaas.

In fact I had better experience with Hindus and Muslims in delhi than bhappaas.

Bhappaas are very sweet on face and you never know their inner real intentions.

Bhappaas feel they are the most sophisticated Sikhs compared to rural background Sikhs.

Bhappaas also feel that all gurdwaras belong to them because all Guru Sahibaan were Khatri.

3 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

Its not casteist. It's a cultural thing. I m from jatt family but I never say anything bad about saini, kamboh,ramgariye or chamaar brothers but I hv had very bad experiences with bhappaas.

In fact I had better experience with Hindus and Muslims in delhi than bhappaas.

They are very sweet on face and you never know their inner real intentions.

Bhappaas feel they are the most sophisticated Sikhs compared to rural background Sikhs.

Bhappaas also feel that all gurdwaras belong to them because all Guru Sahibaan were Khatri.

Bhappaas are masters of doing ustat.

They will control a panthic organization, install a bhappaa as its Jathedaar and then do so much ustat of their bhappaa Jathedaar as if he is even greater than Waheguru ji.

2 minutes ago, proactive said:

The money grabbing reputation that Sikhs have got among non-Sikhs is due to Bhappas in the cities across India. The first time that the people at the Delhi borders got to know true Sikhi was when the farmers set up camps there. Before that the only Sikhs they had experience of were tight fisted Bhappas. There are over 600,000 Sikhs in Delhi, if a few thousand Sikh  farmers could  have such a deep and positive impact on the people around Delhi then why haven't 600,000 Sikhs in Delhi not had a positive impact on the non-Sikhs of Delhi. This is something to think about. It's all very well to give out langar in the Gurdwara but then when these non-Sikhs experience the Bhappas in their daily lives then any positive impact of the Gurdwara is quickly undone. 

also these delhi sikhs dont have much respect for sikhi and marry their daughters off to men of other religions. I have noticed this so many times. These rich delhi sikhs will marry their daughters off to rich hindus and stuff like this. They care about money more than religion. Its 100% true in punjabi cities as well. In the villages of punjab atleast most sikhs marry other sikhs.

10 minutes ago, proactive said:

The money grabbing reputation that Sikhs have got among non-Sikhs is due to Bhappas in the cities across India. The first time that the people at the Delhi borders got to know true Sikhi was when the farmers set up camps there. Before that the only Sikhs they had experience of were tight fisted Bhappas. There are over 600,000 Sikhs in Delhi, if a few thousand Sikh  farmers could  have such a deep and positive impact on the people around Delhi then why haven't 600,000 Sikhs in Delhi not had a positive impact on the non-Sikhs of Delhi. This is something to think about. It's all very well to give out langar in the Gurdwara but then when these non-Sikhs experience the Bhappas in their daily lives then any positive impact of the Gurdwara is quickly undone. 

Veerji 

I studied in a college in delhi. I was told many times by fellow Hindu students that "your Delhi sikh girls are so easily available".

I felt so ashamed.